Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952194 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Wife has what sounds like the start of the same cold I've had for a couple weeks. Headache and stuffed up. Still battling it so maybe prune a few more trees this afternoon & call it good today. Not that I feel terrible, just tuckered. Best keep at it. Forgot to read my bug traps after chores so better do that & put a few more ears of corn in the feeder so Ruby can watch the squirrels. Have a good 'un! 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It was sunny here and a big dark could just came over us.  Looks like rain but none in the forecast.  Just looked and they are saying 48 for a high today.  Will believe it when I see it.  Well we went grocery shopping yesterday.  I was kind of hesitant  so we both wore regular cloth gloves then warshed them when we got home.  One person was wearing a mask.  I brought some in my truck but didn't wear one.  Most were respecting each others space but not everyone.  Had to just stand and wait as some talked and blocked the aisles.  Stocked up pretty good.  They had generic TP so we got 1 pkg.  Eggs were $3.95 for a dozen of extra large ones.  Limit one dozen.  They had lots of them.  The price will go down now since they are so expensive lots of people won't buy them I think.  I got one dozen.  All went well.  Will tell you in a few days if we got the crud whilst there.  I too have had a few days when I woke feeling like a cold was coming on.  The wife got us some orange stuff with zinc in it that you put in a cup of water.  Tastes good and felt better I think from taking it.  Be safe boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey it's been awhile since I remember seeing Rebs.  Did he get the crud when that guy sneezed on him?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey it's been awhile since I remember seeing Rebs.  Did he get the crud when that guy sneezed on him?

maybe PM him.....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did PM him. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I did PM him.
he's gotta log on to see a PM unless he has it set up where a PM shows in his email. mine do!!!!!!!

that cold thing likes to hang on forever.  :confused: i'm still blowing my nose and coughing up flem.……...sucks. put I do feel good!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I did PM him.
he's gotta log on to see a PM unless he has it set up where a PM shows in his email. mine do!!!!!!!

that cold thing likes to hang on forever.  :confused: i'm still blowing my nose and coughing up flem.……...sucks. put I do feel good!!! :happy1:

did not realize that.... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, a little late today. my sunday morning routine takes a bit longer then most days. self medicating didn't help last night mayhaps had something to do with it as it felt good to lounge in the sac a bit longer. :happy1: :rotflmao:

looking at the forecast today I see  :campfire: and  :toast: :toast: :rotflmao: maybe a little putzing in the garage and yard.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, a little late today. my sunday morning routine takes a bit longer then most days. self medicating didn't help last night mayhaps had something to do with it as it felt good to lounge in the sac a bit longer. :happy1: :rotflmao:

looking at the forecast today I see  :campfire: and  :toast: :toast: :rotflmao: maybe a little putzing in the garage and yard.

sounds like a great plan!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I did PM him.

:scratch: Bet you still don't look  :rolleyes:...................................awe never mind. :tut: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I did PM him.

:scratch: Bet you still don't look  :rolleyes:...................................awe never mind. :tut: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :crazy: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: don't you gotta go rake the yard!!!!!! :pouty: :evil:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here this morning heading for around 50 today. Well, it is confirmed that we have covid in Warroad now. It is a coworker of mine. And now his kid that came back from California is in the hospital in Grand forks now too. Sounds like our coworker is stable now after being life flighted out of Roseau last Thursday night because he stopped breathing.  So it is up here Barry be careful out there. Otherwise it is just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sad to hear Jb, take care..  slight chance of rain today...  heard on the radio that the divorce rate most likely will be going up too as folks find out they are really living with!!!  got a few things to do around here today and that's it...  have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Darn JB.  I guess we knew it would get here but hoped not.  We are as vulnerable as everyone even though we hang on to hope that we are safe.  So now those over there and the one in Rainy River for sure.  That means more people are probably spreading it without knowing it.  I wonder how that will affect Marvins?  I'm thinking they may shut down for a couple of weeks to see what happens.  ???  That will probably change a few things around here too.  Well to see the bright side of life it is a beautiful morning.  And yup gonna be a nice day.  Will walk out to the mailbox and take a walk to the river.  Pulled our Browning Black Ops cams we bought last year and the batteries were still good.  That is since last fall when the snow got too deep and we quit checking them.  The one on the hill along the river had about 350 pics.  Lots of coyotes and foxes with a few skunks.  2 coyotes at a time too.  The coyotes tipped the cam downward so all we got was shots of feet after that.  The cam in the spruce woods had 4,344 pics.  :rotflmao:  95% squirrels during the daytime eating the oats we put there.  No deer all winter until the last week.  Then a family of 3 have been there.  Coyotes and fox there too.  My finger got tired so the wife had to click the mouse for awhile.  LL  I can't believe the batteries do last that long.  Impressive.  4 AA batteries I think.  Well have a great day and be safe.  Even you can get the crud!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No plans to shutdown Marvin that I have heard yet. Most people here in R&D are working from home. This guy just happened to come into the office on 3/27 right after his kid came back from California. Out in the plant they are keeping everyone spread out at least 6 feet and cleaning a lot. There are only 5-6 of us in R&D that have to come in to work. What kind of batteries are you using in those cameras?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya come to think of it I have bought some of those Lithium batteries when I bought the cams. 

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
be safe everyone!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got them at Trail Cam Pro.  Great site.  Check out their website.  Free shipping and a free extra year of warranty when purchased through them.  Also can return within 90 days for any reason. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yuo oto boar!  :happy1:

Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high inthe mid-50's. Head cold continues to be entrenched here at the ranch. Rather not drag it to town and make someone sick then have the real crud nail them. Finished pruning the eating apple trees last night around dusk. Got started on a few of the crabapples & one pear tree. That Fireside tree continues to be a PITA. A lot of pruning for the quantity & quality of apples the past couple years. May be time to prune at ground level next year. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...…….man that sure sucks for you guys up on the board. JB hope your coworker gets better. I haven't heard of anything here close to us yet, but who knows. i'm getting it set in my mind that we will be doing this till the end of April.

went out to get the paper, its cloudy and almost feels like it could rain. we have a high pollen alert around here...…..maple, elm and alder are supposedly the culprits. fortunetly I don't have that issue but my son has big time problems with it. rain is also in our forecast.

udder den dat pretty quiet around here. no sign of divorce around here yet Mikey, thing she's just in in for my cooking and my body!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 44* now & gonna hit 55* later. A chance of a few showers after lunch, they're sayin. Think I'm going to get outside a bit today even if it's just to rake the yard for a 1/2 hour. That's all for today, have a good Monday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 44* now & gonna hit 55* later. A chance of a few showers after lunch, they're sayin. Think I'm going to get outside a bit today even if it's just to rake the yard for a 1/2 hour. That's all for today, have a good Monday.
nice to see you finally rolled outta the sac!!!!!!!!  :doah::sleazy: :smoking: :angel: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
glad to hear that Glenn!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...…….man that sure sucks for you guys up on the board. JB hope your coworker gets better. I haven't heard of anything here close to us yet, but who knows. i'm getting it set in my mind that we will be doing this till the end of April.

went out to get the paper, its cloudy and almost feels like it could rain. we have a high pollen alert around here...…..maple, elm and alder are supposedly the culprits. fortunetly I don't have that issue but my son has big time problems with it. rain is also in our forecast.

udder den dat pretty quiet around here. no sign of divorce around here yet Mikey, thing she's just in in for my cooking and my body!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :bs: :bs: :bs: :doah: She must not have anything to compare you to. Did she quit watchin the Hallmark Channel? :nerd: :nerd:             
;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/06/20, 09:01:20 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
nice to see you finally rolled outta the sac!!!!!!!!  :doah::sleazy: :smoking: :angel: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :tut: :mooning: :pouty: Been up since 6, brother's got that head cold crud now & he just woke up ~ 8.  training-087 :banghead: :taz:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I got that head cold crap to last Friday. So instead of going out fishing I took it easy and did a little tinkering in the garage. Finalluy made me an auger rack for the snowmobile.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: its what I do when I get that head cold...…...sleep, makes it more tolerable. and my wife means well but i'm not a nice person to be around when I have the head cold......AWE SHUDDUP!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yesterday, I put the batteries in the boat. hook up the stuff to the terminals, cant figure out why my bilge pump and livewell pump along with the motor wont turn over when the anchor mate works all hooked to the same battery??????? checked the fuses, ok cleaned and scraped the battery post and connections. gotta be something simple but cant figure it out.

oh well i'll get it sooner or later.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
head colds suck..........

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got that head cold crap to last Friday. So instead of going out fishing I took it easy and did a little tinkering in the garage. Finalluy made me an auger rack for the snowmobile.

looks good JB. 2 questions, don't you worry with the weight of the motor on the auger, combined with the bouncing that somethings going to bend on the auger.?
#2...…. that sled looks awefully wide on what you be the seat, what type of track system you got??

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: its what I do when I get that head cold...…...sleep, makes it more tolerable. and my wife means well but i'm not a nice person to be around when I have the head cold......AWE SHUDDUP!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yesterday, I put the batteries in the boat. hook up the stuff to the terminals, cant figure out why my bilge pump and livewell pump along with the motor wont turn over when the anchor mate works all hooked to the same battery??????? checked the fuses, ok cleaned and scraped the battery post and connections. gotta be something simple but cant figure it out.

oh well i'll get it sooner or later.
Do they run off the same hot & ground wires? Got a meter? Almost sounds like a bad ground to me. :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/06/20, 09:43:52 AM by Gunner55 »