Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953682 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
   :angry2:  training-087 :banghead:

.WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH
MONDAY MORNING...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8
  inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.

* WHERE...Portions of west central Wisconsin, north central Iowa
  and southeast Minnesota.

* WHEN...From Sunday morning through Monday morning.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
  conditions could impact the morning commute.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Blowing and drifting snow could also occur
  late Sunday afternoon into Monday.

That is unreal Rebs.  It just doesn't stop down there.  No drought!   I just got the heavy equipment out. (wheeler, 4' drag, new pallet)  Dragged the lawn and then did a bunch of passes on the driveway and things are looking good.  Pretty moist yet but not too bad so the dog bombs broke right up and looks a lot better than it did.  Feels good to do that.  Kind of a rite of spring to me.  No where the lawn level you maintain Rebs.  LOL

In the 20's next week, too...and the sump pump is gushing every 40 mns. Ground is just saturated. Flood warnings everywhere. Should be another huge mess again all Spring. Yer right Barry, it just never stops down here. Slipperys restaurant in Wabasha is flooded again...(Grumpy Old men)  :doah:
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 05:57:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer.  But I am craving sitting in a restaurant and having a nice meal.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
flooding not good............... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

yes that would be nice for sure..............

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: I dunno, I truly enjoy my home cooked meals ! Only time we go out is for special to us occasions! Anniversary, b- days.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do the order out thing! The kiddies next door do it every nite...pizza delivery, restaurant delivery....and it ain't cheap down here. Wonder how long before he wakes up and realizes there isn't any money coming in?  :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Chuck in a lotsa mozza and I'm on my way Glenn!!  :happy1: Evening peoples,  dang Maples are already dropping buds this away  :angry2:.   Didn't we get a bunch of snow in April last year.. :confused: , sure hope them pheasants haven't nested already. Well picked up a new tackle box last weekend and going thru the old, man I have a Lotta junk i don't use but held onto. Well momma just punched out, if I don't start dinner soon ill get the same... :sleazy:  See ya!!
come on up, got 2 left!! :happy1: gotta save one fed Reb though! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually have a the loaded slide-on-yer-lap one in the freezer...and a couple T-stones. Had to stock up for the apocalypse, ya know.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually have a the loaded slide-on-yer-lap one in the freezer...and a couple T-stones. Had to stock up for the apocalypse, ya know.
:happy1: :happy1: mayhaps the neighbors may come over too! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I dunno, I truly enjoy my home cooked meals ! Only time we go out is for special to us occasions! Anniversary, b- days.

when I was on the road I always wanted to stay home to eat...  now I can go or could any way, go out any time for a flavor I don't cook.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Or when glenn :evil: ocassionally finds the church doors unlocked & he can sneak inside.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Bet :scratch: that's not very often though. :tut: :sleazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We like to just cook at home mostly.  BUT when we go anywhere or sometimes even here we like to go out and have a meal somewhere else. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
watched the first loon of the year on the lake!!  way cool!!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
watched the first loon of the year on the lake!!  way cool!!!!
your sure your not looking in the mirror at a loony bird. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Reb said so  :doofus: :sad: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hey it's Saturday.  No work today.   :rotflmao:  Just like any other day but Saturdays still feel different.  Think we will go for a drive today.   May be some precip today.  Not sure how much.  A nice rain would help the lawn after the dragging yesterday.  The fox got the dogs all riled up again about 6 this morning.  Seems like an everyday deal.  I do think the fox just likes to get them going.  He knows they can't catch him anymore.  SO the wife gets to sleep late on Sat and I have to feed the dogs so I am having me a real coffee today.  May have to run around the house a few times to wear it off.  Well youse all have a great day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here going for 51...  saying a small chance of snow tomorrow..  I did get a few things done yesterday, and only have a few today...  the ice is close to gone on the lake this morning..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin forum fellas,  35 now heading for 57 later. Think I'll dethatch the front yard today maybe go get some fertilizer ahead of the crap coming tomorrow.  Found a fella to cut in the garden so he'll probably swing by next week and till it up. Gotta hit up a couple stores today other than that just hang out at home...See ya!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Cool and windy here this morning. Not supposed to make it above the 30s today. Going to be cool out for a few days. I did manage to catch a couple of fish yesterday. It was pretty slow out there, but still fun since I have not been out for a couple of weeks. I will give the self qaurantining thing a try again today. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 43* now & goin for 57* later. Some precip movin in 'bout 3 or so too. TWC sayin only 43* tomorrow, 1-3" of snow possible, & 20-30 mph NNE winds. Pretty nice here yday so I got out & did a little runnin then. :toast:  Probably stick close to home today. Have a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys,  Nice this morning.  Sunny even.   
Looked at forecast, Reb's gonna be hopping mad.  Winter storm watch, 5-9 inches of snow and windy too for tomorrow.   

Have a good one. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Looks like we got a free day after earlier forecasts had rain for today here. Sounds like we pay for it tomorrow. 5" - 9" snow altho the updated forecast notes an uptick to more like 6" - 12". The worst part is the mention of downed trees & power outages. Cross that bridge when we come to it. Lamb chops thawing. Looks like Easter dinner is moved up to tonite. Finish tree pruning today hopefully. Drive up agri-tourism day as well. People sit in their cars while watching the lambs in the lot run and jump. Should put a money jar out by the driveway.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Looks like we got a free day after earlier forecasts had rain for today here. Sounds like we pay for it tomorrow. 5" - 9" snow altho the updated forecast notes an uptick to more like 6" - 12". The worst part is the mention of downed trees & power outages. Cross that bridge when we come to it. Lamb chops thawing. Looks like Easter dinner is moved up to tonite. Finish tree pruning today hopefully. Drive up agri-tourism day as well. People sit in their cars while watching the lambs in the lot run and jump. Should put a money jar out by the driveway.

ya could hire lamb chop to run the gate!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll just thrilled/screwed if the power goes off again with the sump pump puking every 40 minutes...don't know what I'll do, other than sit there and bail it out into a pail. Hopin' it also doesn't freeze up in the 14* forecast temps next week. Guess I've had just about all I can handle with this ongoing bullsh** down here. Ya, I am at my wit's end. Too many years of this ongoing crap here.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll just thrilled/screwed if the power goes off again with the sump pump puking every 40 minutes...don't know what I'll do, other than sit there and bail it out into a pail. Hopin' it also doesn't freeze up in the 14* forecast temps next week. Guess I've had just about all I can handle with this ongoing bullsh** down here. Ya, I am at my wit's end. Too many years of this ongoing crap here.

don't you have a battery back on your pump??

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

then he'd have to unplug his blow....er never mind. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

My bride convinced me to have another  :campfire: and more  :toast: today!!👍 :happy1: I think she may have alterior motives  :confused: :pouty:  :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There's that seks thing again... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

No, I don't. I wouldn't be worrying about it if I did, Mike. That was another $600 and I just did not have the money then....and 5 years ago, when I put it in,our power rarely went out. Figgered what were the chances of power going off when it was pumping. Only does it during saturated periods, and I did not know when it was put in how often it would go on, when, etc. Was new to it all.  Now the power goes off when a skwirrel farts. Wish I coud find someone to do it for me. I'm no longer able. Life in the big city I guess.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 04/11/20, 11:15:00 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck to ya!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it's thatch lawn say in the neighborhood  MEH! My lawn does just fine without it

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH!  I'm sure it does.   :rotflmao:  :bonk: