Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952472 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is up to 20 now but was 14 at 6 when the wife got up.  I just saw on the news that Bagley MN has a curfew from 10 pm to 5 am every day including weekends due to the excess of property damage claims in the area.  ???  Wonder what that is all about?  Well things are quiet on the Rainy River except for the geese and ducks.  That is ok too.  Still safe and sound here.  Gonna have Big G little O's for breakfast.  Got the tree swallow houses up yesterday so waiting their arrival.  I think it will get above freezing here today.  Been awhile.  Looking forward to some nice warm weather. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
River open in front of your place Barry?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup just some shore ice here yet.  Can't quite get the dock in yet. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Lessee.....checkpoints.....denied access....curfews....non-essential forced closings....

Sounds like Poland in 1939..... :rolleyes:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, it is starting to go beyond ridiculous now.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My boat is still in storage at the Fair Grounds.  I guess I am in now hurry to get it out yet.  Don't know how I would get it in the river yet.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You probably get arrested for non-compliance attempt with a non-wheeled vehicle.  :bonk:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 12 for an overnite low & 17 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 30's. Should be sunny after yesterday's graupel mini-fest which amounted to a trace of precip. Not much for action today other than writing a few checks and getting the mail in town. Gotta get my local newspaper too! Got my hometown newspaper yesterday. It's been combined with several other papers. Was a liberal rag before. I thought how can it get any worse? Well it did. Just more pages of the same tripe. The only positive is it's more pages for lining boxes of orphan lambs! When the subscription is done, I'm done. Albert's Leaf paper is on thin ice too. They've gone to 2 days a week. It's another liberal rag. And they cut out Dear Abby, the only thing worth a crap in the whole paper! The world is goin' to helena handbasket I tell ya...   :angry:

« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 08:32:10 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My boat is still in storage at the Fair Grounds.  I guess I am in now hurry to get it out yet.  Don't know how I would get it in the river yet.
I thought locals knew all the secret access spots. ;) :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't want to talk about it.   :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning fellers...…….decided to head north weekend after this one for my legal leisurely drive!!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:

working on making some ground meat jerky today!!!!!!!!!!!

the red cross is on my case again so gonna schedule a blood donation appointment yet too!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother used to give all the time when he was still working & when the C19 started he checked into it on-line. He couldn't get an appt for a month & now has to go to Mason City. They called about a week or so he checked again & it was still the same, 1 month out at the earliest. It's all done by Life Savers down here now.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was given the direct phone line number to the donation room the last time I donated to the st cloud donation center.

I called them and due to the COVID crap they cant take appts that way for now. so I called the 800 red cross line. I got an appt scheduled for April 30th. they wont allow walkins either, only by appt.

not sure if my O-neg blood type and the fact I do the power red  helped me get in sooner or not????? they do treat ya pretty good though.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew you were negative! :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew you were negative! :mooning:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea but them nurses sure like my negativity!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't see em knockin on my door or Dotches,  must be too thin.. :rotflmao: Afternoon peoples,  not sure if I'll head otta town to check on things this weekend or not, no water yet but it sure is nice firing up the pot belly stove early in the season, probably pretty wet out yonder as well. But then again it would be nice getting otta the house.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't see em knockin on my door or Dotches,  must be too thin.. :rotflmao: Afternoon peoples,  not sure if I'll head otta town to check on things this weekend or not, no water yet but it sure is nice firing up the pot belly stove early in the season, probably pretty wet out yonder as well. But then again it would be nice getting otta the house.
well first off you 2 clowns need to volunteer first  :confused: :pouty:

Hey go for it, supposed to be a nice weekend, I'm going on my liesurely drive next weekend. :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I gave a couple weeks ago so I'm done for 10 more weeks.   Place (hilton donor center) was as busy as I have ever seen it.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good mornin all,  looks like a nice clear day to start...  just a few things to do around here today..  not much going on other wise...   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 and clear like Mike is too. Been seeing lots of deer out in the fields on our way to work the last couple of mornings. Probably seeing a 150 to 200 deer on our drive in. Otherwise just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Yup, clear as a bell and 24*.  :coffee:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 25* & sunny, we may hit 43* later. I have an appt this mornin at 10 otherwise another mellow day. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Low of 18, 26 at choretime, heading for a high in the mid-30's. Looks like more sun again so it keeps spirits up better. I see the snow melted off the radish planting so at least there is that. Put out a few more ears of corn for the squirrels  altho the blue jays have been claiming it as their turf, chasing the tree rats off every chance they get. Good day to send out some bills looks like. Looks like a laid back day for the most part.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just another day here.  We are safe and healthy so that is a great thing.  No big plans for the day.  Will be just a little warmer today.  Will be nicer on the weekend.  Looking forward to that.  Need to have a campfire and trim some trees around here.  Have sausages heating up for breakfast now.  Been doing cereal every other day.  Egg and sausage the other days.  Stay safe and have a great day!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, lookin like a nice day and better following few days. should warm up enough next few days I can spend more time out in the garage and check thee lines on our summer fishing rods.  got the paper this morning, 4 new obits in there, 3 of which I know, 1 a classmate. :doah: :doah: that's 2 classmates in the last 3 weeks. kinda hits ya a bit. :pouty:

worked on my cabin list...……….why is it so hard sometimes to plan or figure out meals!!!!!!! :angry2: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe if the " i don't like " list was shorter.... morning chum!!  :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe if the " i don't like " list was shorter.... morning chum!!  :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
:pouty: :sleazy: morning...…..yea you may have a point!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Happy Thurs Friday. Clear and headed for mid 50's....maybe get rid of a lot of that snow. Enjoy the day.... :coffee:

https://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2020/04/17
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 06:36:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 here going for the mid 40's..  that will be nice...  not much going on again today..  my coffee is tasting good at least..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here and heading for the mid 40s today. TGIF!!!! I think da wifey is going to sucker me into helping with spring cleaning in da house this weekend. That and get started on putting away me ice fishing stuff. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines as an essential worker. Thankfully! Have a good one boys.