Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901461 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Wound up getting another load of hay yesterday afternoon rather than working on the yard stuff. Guy was going to be busy today so worked around his schedule. Oddly enough the yard stuff I didn't do is still out there.  :scratch: Got the Silver Hawk fired up last nite after chores. Second try and it sprang to life. Get it serviced tomorrow to reduce the odds of being killed or maimed. Will probably take it out after chores tonite, maybe make a run to El Molino in Waseca to get some take out. Tomorrow might be a good day for people to stay upwind!  :embarrassed: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  been a busy but productive weekend here, worked the one and only mandatory Saturday yesterday,  ma and pa came over for a social distance HH in the driveway in the afternoon , followed that up with a big fat steak dinner for the kids and us. Went to menardos this morning and had to wait in line to get in, but it went fast. Home depot had no line to get in but I had to hit both.  Dang, a few short hrs and its Monday already... :thumbs: See ya!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' gang! 47 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Must've been a passing shower overnite, .01" of rain in the gauge this a.m. at the ranch. Looking like some showers on tap for afternoon. Saw a toad yesterday after I plunked the round bale in the sheep lot. Lots of birds this a.m. Flickers, brown thrashers, white throated sparrows and a male cardinal for starters. May put out the oriole nectar feeder soon. The hummers can use it too if they show up. Trying to get mentally prepared to pick up and move crap around the yard. Might take some extra coffee. Maybe some tincture! In the meantime, sure is peaceful around here w/o the resident pot stirrer!  :rotflmao:
well I hate to disappoint you 3 clowns...…..BIT I'Z BACK!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 39 here this morning and heading for 50 something. We got just over a 1/2 inch of rain last night. That should work on the ice sheet. Shoreline opened up yesterday and this morning the whole sheet moved into shore. So it is pretty loose already. Guessing by the weekend the lake will be opened up. Well, just another fine Monday in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 43*  at 1st glance, back in the the low to mid 60's today. Some rain overnight too & we needed it as it is really dry. The ice on our bay was gone by early PM yday. It looks to me like the lake is higher this year than last & we took a 16' section off our rollout part last year. Our company was here by 7 yday & we worked on their boat in the morning. Plans are to go to town again today, after that we'll have to see. bfast is on, better go. Have a good Monday.
« Last Edit: April 04/28/20, 06:31:17 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 44 going for 67 today..  it was a nice day yesterday for sure...  today looks to be the same!!!  we did get some rain overnight but not sure how much..  I guess it's time to get the rain gauge out...  but the bird bath isn't very full so I'm thinking not to much...  so I'd better fill that today too... have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  So glad you are back Glenn.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  Hey has anyone seen Rebs lately???  Hope he didn't get the crud!  Maybe he is at the neighbor ladies doing some catching up.  It was a little foggy here on the river this morning but cleared up now.  We had a little water in the rain gauge but not even a 1/4".  I do see the yard has greened up some.  We took a ride to the Falls yesterday to look at a boat but it was pretty beat up.  Sure would be fun to order a new one.  Man am I complimenting the wife on everything lately.  LLL  She knows what's up and is making me work for it.  Actually that is a big part of the fun of the whole operation.   :sleazy:  We started watching Breaking Bad yesterday.  Watched maybe 4 of them.  Man what a show..  Makes me so happy with my everyday sort of life.  :happy1:  We are hooked now so will keep watching it.  You all have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, also got a shot at rain during the nite. some reseeding the lawn and getting the fertilzer down on the lawn today before all the supposed rain tonite and tomorrow. gonna make a run sometime this week to get my garden plants!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-70's. Unloaded and stacked a load of hay yesterday forenoon then waited for the pop up showers to pass. Decided to take the chains off the tractor & hang them up which could be done inside. After that got sprinkled on but completed the re-sodding project in time for chores. Then the wife decides we're gonna move sheep around! :doah: After that, I told her enough was too much. We got in the Stude and motored to El Molino in Waseca to pick up take out. Car performed smoothly, OD & all. Had to smell the food for about 18 miles on the drive home. Just as good as ever and the portions seemed even more generous. Silver Hawk is in for its annual check up today. FU COVID-19!  :happy1:  :cool: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got some lite rain going this morning..  should really green up now!!!  got the majority of my yard work done yesterday so I'm happy with that!!  besides a few small thing to do today I'm firing up the smoker and try a brisket again..  the last one over 20 some years ago didn't come as I wanted so never tried it again..   so thanks to Rh and a few others I'm going after one again!!  should be fun on a rainy day!!!  have a good day all!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  You too Rebs.  Sort of quiet without him here.  Well I am off to Grand Rapids today.  I am getting wheels for the shore end of my dock.  Too much work to lift it up and try to move it.  I even bent it using ropes last year when I had to move it.  This will be much easier.  SO I have to fix that too.  Should go easily, I have a plan.   :happy1:  I think I will go see if Glenn left any beer in his fridge at his cabin.  LL  The farrier is showing up this morning too to do the horses hooves so I have to get them in the barn for him.  A pail of oats will take care of that issue.  Have fun with that brisket Mike.  Well you all have a great day.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here and heading for mid 50s today. Watched a cool sunrise come up this morning. The day will bring another day in the salt mines. Same old Shtuff here. Smoking a brisket sounds like fun. Good luck Mike. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

A little Lake of the Woods Sunrise.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 39* now & goin back to the low 60's. Well we got their boat to the shop just outside DR by 'bout 10 yday & everybody had a list of stuff they were wantin so we headed in to GR. Holy smokes, I had to remind myself 2-3 times that we were in the same town as last Thursday. :crazy: It was a ghost town last week everywhere we stopped & totally the opposite yday. Easily 2, maybe 3 times the # of people & a good share(~1/2) of 'em wearin masks. Must've all been locals as we didn't see any out of state plates & seen only 1 other boat. Heard a couple of 'em talkin at the checkouts & it sounded like at least a few were resort owners just starting to think about the Opener. :cool: Mom & Dad's old Alumacraft(88) came out of the shed when we got back out here yday as we think we figured out what to do with it. Probably mess with that some more today as it looks like the rain will stay away from here. Have a little prep work for our boat & the dock install that could happen today too, maybe. ;) That's it for today, have a good 1.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got some lite rain going this morning..  should really green up now!!!  got the majority of my yard work done yesterday so I'm happy with that!!  besides a few small thing to do today I'm firing up the smoker and try a brisket again..  the last one over 20 some years ago didn't come as I wanted so never tried it again..   so thanks to Rh and a few others I'm going after one again!!  should be fun on a rainy day!!!  have a good day all!!

There is a good set of youtube videos by Franklin BBQ of Austin Tx.   Series done with the local PBS.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmTzdMHu5KU&t=5s

I think this is first one in series...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

There is a good set of youtube videos by Franklin BBQ of Austin Tx.   Series done with the local PBS.   

thanks but no thanks, I can ask questions here, can't there...  lots of great cooks here...   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. .14" of rain at the ranch at 7:30 a.m. & .34" in Bugtussle at 8:20. Cloudy with a good chance of a few passing showers & sprinkles the rest of the day. If the wife wasn't home it'd be a good day to head there & watch Gunsmoke and Andy Griffith with Ruby. She barks at the horses and I bark at the old cars! Have a good un!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. .14" of rain at the ranch at 7:30 a.m. & .34" in Bugtussle at 8:20. Cloudy with a good chance of a few passing showers & sprinkles the rest of the day. If the wife wasn't home it'd be a good day to head there & watch Gunsmoke and Andy Griffith with Ruby. She barks at the horses and I bark at the old cars! Have a good un!
so she's sick of you too?? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...…..raining here. not sure what the rest of the day brings. probably irritate the wife!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

guess we are going to be guinney pigs for supper tonight. some reciepe she found on da web. chicken breasts with stove top and other goodies plopped in the slow cooker. :scratch: :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
so she's sick of you too?? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

thanks but no thanks, I can ask questions here, can't there...  lots of great cooks here...   :happy1:

Watching the video and asking questions of those here are not mutually exclusive....
The guy in the video spent a lot of time figuring this stuff out and is very well thought of and very successful

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Better be careful when you give him the old stooges  :bonk: on the head though, Dotch. You could find that soft spot. :doofus:                             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

Watching the video and asking questions of those here are not mutually exclusive....
The guy in the video spent a lot of time figuring this stuff out and is very well thought of and very successful
Yes, nobody knows more about smoking brisket then Franklin.
« Last Edit: April 04/28/20, 03:59:28 PM by Cooperman »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
He knows his stuff it seems,  i try to stick around 225 for a smidg longer but that's just me. Afternoon people's,  ended up with an inch of rain today dang good thing I watered early yesterday lol. That's ok lots of grass seed was put down but it doesn't appear any really washed away so that's good. Speaking of smoking,  a big o salmon fillet is going on soon..See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mmmmmm, smoked salmon! :happybounce: :party1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here this morning heading for a high of 52 they are saying. Looks like it could rain, but the forecast says nothing about it. Is the forecast wrong or right, only time will tell. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.   Nice out here this morning.  Another day of construction is in order.  Pushing to get mostly done by the holiday (fishing opener)   Once that hits it progress will slow down for a bit.  We have been really lucky with the weather for this project so far.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 36* presently & back in the low 60's today. I see there's a SWS out for N Itasca County today sayin we will have near crical fire conditions today with low humidity(~30%) & north winds from 20 to near 30 mph. Got a lot of stuff done yday again & still have more goin on today. Nothin real pressing so I'll just chip away at it. It sounds like our company is headed back south tomorrow early. Seen the Sheriffs Dept boat go out of the resort next door yday so the ice is out on the entire lake if they're out putting the "no wake" bouys in. Not much else new here today, hope your Wednesday's a good 1.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.   Nice out here this morning.  Another day of construction is in order.  Pushing to get mostly done by the holiday (fishing opener)   Once that hits it progress will slow down for a bit.  We have been really lucky with the weather for this project so far.
What kind of construction project you working on Scenic????

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a fine looking day out there!!  40 here going for 62...  that will be nice..  got a few things done yesterday and hope to do more today...  have a good day all!!