Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952736 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had 28 here this morning, only going to make it into the 40s today. 40s are in the forecast for the next week. Fired up the wood burner yesterday. It was getting kind of chilly in the house. Mighty frosty out this morning. Not much ice left on the as of yesterday. We have slush along the shoreline and yesterday evening the wind calmed down and I could see more dark ice up to the north. Hopefully it stays clear today so we can see the satellite view. Otherwise just another fine Monday. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 31* when I first went to the garage. 'Sposed to make mid-50's today, don't think we made the 50* that was predicted yday as the best I seen was 49*. Messed around out in the boat shed some again yday, probably more of that today too. They're still talkin rain and/or snow overnight into early am tomorrow. Things have quieted down next door as the boys both left yday so it's just mom & dad left. 'Bout it for today, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 34 here to start going for the mid 50's..  got a few things going on today but nothing pressing..  the wind has gone down more today..  have a good day all!!!

they are still talking rain tonight and tomorrow for us...
« Last Edit: May 05/04/20, 07:19:25 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........back at the ranch today. we shall see how it goes....... if we get that rain they are flapping about, i'll be needing to cut the lawn for the first time.

DEL........the General....is a mod and member here!!!!! he thinks he can catch fish and hunt!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man it is bright and sunny here today.  Only 35 now though.  Like JB said we are gonna have below temps for at least a week.  The grass is getting greener by the day.  Will have to get the mower out soon.  The wife has some bills on the table that need to be delivered today so looks like a road trip to town for Buddy and me.   :happy1: Then I think I better get the Humming bird feeders up.  That will keep me busy till noonish.  Then will take it as it comes.  Be safe out there boys.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 60's. Rain likely in the overnite. We could actually use a shot to get the pre-emerge chemicals working after the wind last week dried the topsoil out. Plenty of moisture down below, yet. Mowed El Capitan, the nasty road cut last nite. Thought about letting it grow but the mower was ready. It gets ugly down in the bottom if you let it slide too long. Mower ran like a top. Not bad for a '96 model anyway.  :happy1: Probbly have to get the coverhalls out to mow the rest of the yard. Sux after a beautiful day like yesterday. Such is May... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 05/04/20, 09:25:11 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice lookin ride!!   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just read Don Schula has passed away...  a darn good coach... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy mackerel, it's been a little over 3 weeks since I went to Ramsey for work. Road construction season is full bore.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 40 here this morning heading for 52 today . Then 40s until next Wednesday TWC says. Otherwise just another day in Paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, lite rain here this morning..  34 going for 51 maybe...  not much going on today, so I'll just putz along with the day...   have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a cloudy day here today.  Not much wind which is nice.  39 right now.  Thinking I may putz with the pontoon boat today.  With the weather being on the cool side I am not real excited about getting it in the water yet.  Those days in the 60's felt pretty darn good last week.  I did get the hummingbird feeders up but haven't seen one yet.  Just going to stay out of trouble today but still have some fun I hope. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 36* 'bout an hour ago, mid -50's the high for the day. It got pretty nice here yday afternoon as we warmed up a bit more than expected 'cause we hit 59* here ~4. They've backed off our rain for today, too bad as we could use an all day soaker.  Some more messin around in the boat shed yday. Went for a little stroll down to the bridge after lunch as well. It looks like a couple more places on the bay got their gear in the lake yday too. Headin for GR today in case in gets busy later in the week. Hope your Tuesday's a good 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers no rain here yet. they went from forcasting 3/4 of an inch earlier to now 3/10ths.  :pouty: oh well i'll take what we get at this point.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Scant precip overnite into the morning so far. .02" at the ranch and .06" in Bugtussle proper. Still a few lingering showers but they appear to be diminishing. No hummingbirds or orioles yet but copy deadline is at noon today so they should arrive shortly after that. Corn emerging but somewhat unevenly. Happens under drier conditions. Might be an advantage to stay below ground with frost in the forecast. More concerned about the apple and pear trees not to mention the mast crops.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 44 here going for 60 today.. not much rain at all yesterday.  got to make a run to Alex today, will do it fast, in and out of the stores fast...  and as safe as possible too..  not much going on today so I will just go with the day overall!!  have a good day all!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 this morning heading for 52 today. Made 60 here yesterday. I hope the forecast keeps being wrong and getting warmer than they forecast. I shut the wood stove off this morning. We have to fill out a questionnaire and go thru a check point at work now every morning to get into the plant. If you are good to go we get a wrist band for the day. No wrist band you get kicked out until you get one. Not sure what good it will do, but at least they are putting something in place. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 41* when I peeked earlier, they're still talkin almost 60* again today for us. I'm with you JB as we were warmer, we had 59* ~ 1:30 when we got back from GR, than predicted yday again for like the 3rd day in a row. Got so nice that I took the wheeler down to the little bridge & dropped a line in the water to see if the crappies were runnin yet. No luck, still felt good to be  :fishing:. :cool: It looks like mid -week next week before we approach the middle 50's again though, if they're right. Still scratchin my head over how busy GR was yday. A little more organizing of the boat shed today most likely. Besides that, we'll see :scratch: have a good 1

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A beautiful sunny day here.  Like JB said it got to 60 here yesterday.  I have the pontoon boat by the garage to charge the battery up.  It had enough power to tilt the motor up but was at 25% so I put the charger on it and opened up the top caps to see how the water level was.  Most of the cells were still frozen.  Unreal!  It was sitting in the pasture where the sun can shine on it so I was surprised to see it frozen yet.  BUT it has been below freezing lots of nights.  So then I went to the pasture dragging project.  I have a 10' spring tooth drag that I pull behind the WD to break up the horse apples and piles of hay scattered around.  Looks bad for a few days but it looks great after a nice rain which we could use.  The WD started right up and ran great.  Had to drain the fuel bowl filter twice as it filled with water and crud.  May do some more today just cuz it's kind of fun. Got all of our veggies and flowers yesterday too.  Waiting till next week to plant them.  May get some seeds in the ground though.  Well almost out of coffee so have to contact Mr. Coffee to put in an order.  Have a great day!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning.......the world sucks!!!!!!!!!! :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fire up Glenn.  It is a nice day.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Leftover rainfall after yesterday morning's gauge reading showed .02" at the ranch and in Bugtussle. We'd better enjoy the next 2 days here. Colder with frost likely Friday & Saturday a.m. then again Monday & Tuesday a.m. Oh and for laughs, toss in a slight chance of snow on Saturday a.m.  :doah: Purposely not mowing the lawn yet around the apple trees to try to keep as much heat in the ground as I can. I saw the flowers on the pear trees were starting to open up last nite. I'm with JB. Hopefully the temps turn out warmer than forecast. We don't need no stinking frost, or snow... :thumbs:
« Last Edit: May 05/06/20, 10:28:06 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Purposely not mowing the lawn yet around the apple trees to try to keep as much heat in the ground as I can.   

You are the man Dotch.  I have never heard or used that one before...   BUT it is now on my radar and I can't wait to use it.  I thank you sir.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It may or may not help Barry depending on how cold it gets of course. Removing the grass cover tends to realease heat from ground making it cooler. Increased evaporation from the more exposed soil surface cools it further. The unmowed grass is also darker in color, absorbing & retaining more heat. I did mow the one deepest ditch. Hopefully the coolest air will sink & concentrate there, leaving the upland where the fruit trees are alone. 

Back in '92 (god that makes me sound old!) farmers around here were busily cultivating their corn the day before Father's Day. It froze that night. Farmers who cultivated woke up to see their corn fields toasted and those who didn't were spared. The lowest areas of the fields that were cultivated were injured the worst.  While not removing the plants or trying not to anyway, the crusted seal on the soil was opened up realeasing the heat like taking the lid off a pan. The evaporation from the moist soil cooled it down even more. Another disaster I'd just as soon never see again. Was pretty much the beginning of the end for cultivating row crops in this area.
« Last Edit: May 05/06/20, 10:22:34 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting Dotch!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And the grass is very dark colored where Ruby pees!  :shocked:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Waiting on the flyover

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 this morning heading for 46 they a predicting. Got my fancy wrist band for the day. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 33* here when I looked. TWC is sayin 50* for the high today but we hit 60* again yday & weren't 'sposed to. Not much wind yet but we are under a SWS for near critical fire condition until the afternoon because of the lack of rain, wind & low humidity today. Went for a wheeler ride down to the NW access on Bowstring yday & I see they've put the dock in since I was there last. A couple little things on my list for today. Hope your Thursday's a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 here going for 56..  saying 29 for a low tonight...  nice blue skies this morning..  nothing special going on today so I'll just oputz along with the day..  have a good day all!!