Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902099 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The weather stations on wunderground said we got between 1.5 and 2 here in Cawchester as some old phart used to say.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
2.24" in Haverhill Twp., Sec. 31.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2.24" in Haverhill Twp., Sec. 31.  :happy1:
is that just down the road from Hooterville??? :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just up yonder from Possum Holler!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just up yonder from Possum Holler!  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: I knew it was around there somewhere  :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
bout a 1/2 is all we got. Mornin forum fellas its Saturday today,  waiting on the shed guys and then I'm otta here later, this time tomorrow i should have my limit of  :fish2::happy1:  Pooches keep bringing me shoes, wonder what tgey want..gotta go!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning boys. 54 here this morning heading for 60 something again today. At least it is a nice sunny not windy morning, just a light breeze for now. Finally got that final bolt out of the exhaust last night. Hadn't worked on it for a couple of days. I tried a wax trick that the wife found on youtube. Heated it up and melted b-day candle onto it. Apparently the heat sucks the wax in. Not sure if it was coincidence or if it was the wax. But after doing that it popped right out. I had tried everything else and finally thought what the heck, might as well try the wax. Just happy it is out. Now I just need to get some new flange gaskets and put it back together. Which means I may have to run to Warroad today. Also going to going to go scout out our camping spot down in Beltrami this morning. They were logging in that area and had a truck parked in the way last weekend. We are planning on camping this weekend. On a serious note, my step daughter got here port put in on Tuesday for the chemo. She will be starting that soon. They started a go fund me for her to because with this covid crap she won't be able to work at all while she is doing chemo. It is tough to talk about without tearing up. Just sucks. Well, time to distract myself. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a good lookin morning out there!!!  did get a few things done yesterday but not the mowing...  got to get that started for sure...  not much else going on, have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 55* to start & we're goin for upper 60's today. I seen 64* yday & we had ~.7" in the gauge the last I looked. Not much got done outside yday here as that wind & rain was a little too much. Got some mowing to do, not sure it'll be today though. Would like to get out :fishing: too if the wind isn't too crazy. I'm sure there's other stuff that'll pop up along the way too. That's all today, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  15 minutes ago it was nice and sunny and now the clouds moved in and it looks like a different day.  Man I need to mow.  It really shot up with the rain.  Gonna have to dress warm too.  Not going to get much over 60 here.  Got an electrician buddy to come look at hooking up my alarm on the new septic tank yesterday and it rained on us.  Wasn't supposed to rain.  Darn it JB.  I feel for you and yours.  How old is your daughter?  Give us the link to the Go Fund Me page.  I have some running to town today too.  Have a good one boys. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....yep sure lookin like a nice day today!!!!!!!! I want to cut the lawn to but am procrastinating. we didn't get any rain, and the forecast doesn't look promising. I don't water my lawn and the 10 day doesn't hold out much hope for rain either. :pouty: I was told its not good to cut the grass if its real dry.

should get my garden weeded today, then put up my fence around the cukes to keep them form spreading all over the place.

I inherited a remodel/ fixit project. the little trailer we use up north to haul wood and other things has a bent axel because a tree fell on it. my stepdad says he can fix that but when he took the floor off the floor frame was all rusted and in bad shape, sooo……...I had enough square tubing from my dad that I don't think I need to buy any steel. worse part will be cutting out all the old rusted stuff and cleaning off the rust so I can weld on clean metal.

HEY...………...its almost Friday!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker;

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Barry. Daughter will be 34 in July. Way to young.  On a bright side the sun is back out.
Here is the link. Does a better job of explaining things than I can.
GoFundMe, https://gf.me/u/x8cbdy

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....yep sure lookin like a nice day today!!!!!!!! I want to cut the lawn to but am procrastinating. we didn't get any rain, and the forecast doesn't look promising. I don't water my lawn and the 10 day doesn't hold out much hope for rain either. :pouty: I was told its not good to cut the grass if its real dry.

should get my garden weeded today, then put up my fence around the cukes to keep them form spreading all over the place.

I inherited a remodel/ fixit project. the little trailer we use up north to haul wood and other things has a bent axel because a tree fell on it. my stepdad says he can fix that but when he took the floor off the floor frame was all rusted and in bad shape, sooo……...I had enough square tubing from my dad that I don't think I need to buy any steel. worse part will be cutting out all the old rusted stuff and cleaning off the rust so I can weld on clean metal.

Sounds like a sawsall and wire wheel are in your future Glenn.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man JB that sucks. I remember all 2 well what my mom went through with her breast cancer!!!!!! hope she kicks its  :moon: :moon:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember what my Mom and wife went though too..  sure hope all goes great for her... 

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning..… sunny and clear here for the time being.   Trying to finish up some yard work and building a driveway today.  First time working with crushed concrete.  I have to say that stuff is great to work with.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Sounds like a sawsall and wire wheel are in your future Glenn.
I have a die grinder with cutting wheels and an angle grinder with hard wheels!!! :happy1: :happy1: a welder and bandsaw!!!!! still trying to figure out and hope it wont give me to much trouble as the brackets to the springs are welded to the frame parts that need to be replaced!!!! i'll take some pictures with my phone, might have memory issues!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Just a trace of precip (sprinkles) yesterday in Bugtussle with none observed at the ranch. Hoping all goes well for your daughter JB. Very good friend and former employee was diagnosed a few years ago with stage 4 breast cancer. Wouldn't know it today. Not that there weren't bumps in the road but she's an example of how far the medicine has come.

SWCD finally sent me precip data sheets so filled them out. Staff was on limited duty due to COVID since back in March. Called the license bureau this a.m. & got my list of things to bring in to renew my license. Expired in April so I have thru July but will get in there long before that. Another thing to cross off my list of stuff effed up by COVID. Speaking of that, Mrs. Cheviot & I went to The Willows last nite on their 1st nite being open. Made reservations & drove the Stude. They've stepped up sanitation procedures & were good about spacing but otherwise it was business as usual. Travis, the owner greeted us with a big smile and came over to visit after a bit. Think he's gonna make it. Sure hope so. Will try to do what we can to see that he does.     
« Last Edit: June 06/11/20, 09:50:36 AM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck to your daughter JB.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all...  got all the mowing done yesterday and that felt good to get it done!  did get a few other things done too..  but even with the rain the other day it sure is dry here...  easy day here so I'm just going to go with the flow!!  have a good day all!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  56 here and not a ripple on the water... gotta go!! Good luck jb!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! 51 here heading for upper 50s again today. Thanks for all the well wishes for my daughter!! Finally got the wife sent off to work. I could get used to that. I get to sample what LPS does.  ;) Well we are going to go camp off grid for the weekend. Go play with the skeeters and bull flies. I just need to get my butt in gear and head down there. The wife is going to work a half day then head down. Think it will be worth my time to sent up the screen tent this weekend. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good weekend boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a good time Jb!!  have fun!!  :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 47* when I came off the lake an hour or so ago. Goin for the mid 6o's today. I caught 1 :fish2:  but it was too big & in the slot. Sure got nice here last night after it cleared off & we seen the sun. There were a lot of boats out too as I think the resort by us has went to a Friday checkout/Saturday check in procedure. Went over to our favorite little bar/restaurant, Riley's, last night too & it looks like a new place with all the remodeling they've done. Spoke with the owner a bit & they were pretty busy too. Did some mowin yday myself, more on tap for today when it finally dries. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: June 06/13/20, 07:07:48 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like minds think alike.  I too got all of the mowing done yesterday.  Was nice to not have it so dusty when I mowed for a change.  We are hooking up the camper and heading to Ottertail in the morning.  Family bonfire going on.  Will be fun to see the family.  So just getting ready today. So nice to not have to get it done after work isn't it JB?  Got all day to get er done. Have a great weekend all of youse!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high around 80. Looks like some comfy weather over the weekend with Mother Nature throwin' heat again next week. Makes me wish baseball was back on the air. Instead we get to watch lame politicians & idiotic protesters. That's OK. I just go outside or look at junk on craigslist. I have some hay to cut hopefully tonite. If I remember to bring the headphones along I can listen to tunes while I do that. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. gonna meet up with boar about noonish. he's headed to HD's and i'm finally going to get him his turtle clock he wanted.

other then that I see a  :campfire: and  :toast: :toast: later today!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 47* @ 1st peek & might make 70* today. Well Sis/BIL hit the road ~ 4 so they should be home by 9:30-10. Went back out :fishing: yday a couple times, got a another slot :fish2:(22") around noon plus a keeper last night. A little cool out there but there were a lot of boats out. Got a couple things in the works for today, better go. Have a good un.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, nice looking morning!!  got a few things to do today and I'm just going to take them as I feel like today...  did get a nice bike ride in yesterday too..  my legs where my surgery was are feeling better as time goes on so that helps too..  have a good day all!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Heading out but wanted to say hi to all.  Gonna do some golfing at Balmoral today also.  We suck but like driving the carts.  LOL  Big bonfire tonight too.  See ya all later.