Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901663 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Light rain here now and like JB said we got 1/2" last night.  We have a 5,000 btu in our bedroom and it can freeze us out.  We have a 10,000 btu one in the other end of the house and together they keep us comfortable even when it is real hot and muggy out.  Both are 110 units.  I may be off by a BTU or two but that is close.  I don't know what I will do today.  I am actually hoping they call so I can go pick up my new boat.  Other than that I will just try to stay out of trouble.  Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As I have mentioned we have another fox raising her pups here.  The other ones are grown and gone already.  With the leaves on the trees it is hard to see the new family but they are here.  SO I let the dogs out at 4 am for a pee break.  Sammy can't hardly get up steps anymore so he uses the ramp I made for that purpose.  Well he just got up the ramp and I opened the door and I hear the fox yap.  Off he goes like a 3 year old.  Buddy is ahead of him.  SO I just sit down and waited for them.  Took a couple of minutes and they came back in proud that they took care of the fox problem.  LOL  I am sure the fox is sitting in the woods watching us.  LOL  Good to see Sammy still has some pep left in his step. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 and raining here. Heading for upper 80s again today. We got a 1/2" of rain overnight. That will be good for the grass. I think there is a chance for off and on rain most of the day today. Boy it was sure a steamy one yesterday afternoon. I was wishing that we had AC in the house last night. Told the wife I would be willing to put in a mini split right in the bedroom and she said no. Central air only. Well, we have a slab on grade and no duct work. No AC I guess then. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
We have hot water heat and no ducts.  They were able to put it all in the attic with outlets in ceiling.  Our son has a two story older house and that house also has a unit in the attic, with a big pressure blower  and small, like 1 1/2 inch tubes to little outlets in the walls.

If you have a one story house, the attic air is easy to put in.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a 1-1/2 story with open loft and cathedral ceilings. The side the bedroom is on is normal single story.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 71 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Cloudy with a light breeze so that helps. Put the AC on last nite for the 1st time this season. Made a run to Owatonna for a filter first. We probably could've made it another nite or two opening the windows but the humidity was starting to get oppressive. We don't keep it set real low, 76, just enough to dry the air out. Put central air in when we remodeled and haven't regretted it. Was an easy call with forced air already in place. Ruby sure likes it & that's the main thing.  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I lucked out taking my bike to the dealer..  the rain stopped as I took off!!!   then I even scored a new set of tires for my feet, new pair of tennis shoes..  needed them badly, old ones were falling apart... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning. summernfillnis in high gear. busy. always busy. hood thing. hope to stuffnsausagenthis weekend. and get it to playa's. glenn yu gotn.v yurs and then somme.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning boys. 67 and raining here. Heading for upper 80s again today. We got a 1/2" of rain overnight. That will be good for the grass. I think there is a chance for off and on rain most of the day today. Boy it was sure a steamy one yesterday afternoon. I was wishing that we had AC in the house last night. Told the wife I would be willing to put in a mini split right in the bedroom and she said no. Central air only. Well, we have a slab on grade and no duct work. No AC I guess then. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
JB I have baseboard electric heat, means no furnace. I had an AC installed, kinda a wall mount but has a compressor. works pretty good, and has a heat pump and can heat the house until it gets 32 degrees outside is when they recommend no longer using it.

Goodman product.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon all, back in Ia since ~ noon. Got the mail, had some lunch, & ran a few errands since then. Went to talk to the dentist about the bill I got & the parking lot was empty. :scratch: Hardly got out of the car & my dentist was at the door tellin me they are shut down for round 2 & nothin wil be happenin there 'til 7/13 at least. 'Bout it for now, stay  :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
round 2??? 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Round 1 was the 1st of April to the end of May. :scratch: Think they told me when I was there on 6/6  that they opened again on the Wednesday after Memorial Day which was ~ the 27th, I believe.
« Last Edit: July 07/01/20, 04:19:04 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea even the local newspaper had front page headline about Walz tighten up the screws again. :confused: :crazy:
.what happened to buying enough time to get supplies stocked and hospitals ready for capacity??

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
People weren't helping the cause by not social distancing. May just be hurrying up the inevitable.  HEY a buddy of mine was at his cancer Dr. earlier this week.  The talk there was how a new virus has been spreading and it also came from China.  Different than Covid I guess.  Sorry to even bring it up.  BUT I got my new boat today.  SO I am going out with a bang if all of this worldly stuff destroys us.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
People weren't helping the cause by not social distancing. May just be hurrying up the inevitable.  HEY a buddy of mine was at his cancer Dr. earlier this week.  The talk there was how a new virus has been spreading and it also came from China.  Different than Covid I guess.  Sorry to even bring it up.  BUT I got my new boat today.  SO I am going out with a bang if all of this worldly stuff destroys us.   
go burn up some gas LPS. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and bait. And maybe a little  :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea even the local newspaper had front page headline about Walz tighten up the screws again. :confused: :crazy:
.what happened to buying enough time to get supplies stocked and hospitals ready for capacity??

That ship sailed long ago.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The bars seem to be the place not to be around Mankati. Sounds like St Cloud is about the same. Two joints in Mankato were the transmission areas for well over 100 cases.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much a common sense deal.  We aren't all blessed with it. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea stay away, the Mankato one is up to over 200 I think????  Mpls, St Cloud, Mankato, who's next??? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The bars seem to be the place not to be around Mankati. Sounds like St Cloud is about the same. Two joints in Mankato were the transmission areas for well over 100 cases.
the Duluth TV news said last night a couple bars in superior voluntarily closed again.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning. summernfillnis in high gear. busy. always busy. hood thing. hope to stuffnsausagenthis weekend. and get it to playa's. glenn yu gotn.v yurs and then somme.
funny you posted this...…….. :scratch: :scratch: yea I got mine took long enough!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :doah: :rotflmao:

so he says I got a package of venny brats something or another, and and a pack of bulk brat seasoned bear meat. so, since my wife wont touch bear meat, except in pepper sticks, hot dogs or summer sausage, I figured heading up north by myself would be a good time to try this.

so, I text boar to ask his opinion on the best way to cook it. he said fry or grill. grilled that up...…….THE DOG WOULDNT EVEN EAT IT!!!! :shocked: :doah: :banghead: AND i had to pick our porqupine quills yet!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :crazy: :wowza: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: July 07/01/20, 07:22:48 PM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin forward to the venny stuff...…...seeing what road kill parts are in that!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/01/20, 07:24:25 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Round 1 was the 1st of April to the end of May. :scratch: Think they told me when I was there on 6/6  that they opened again on the Wednesday after Memorial Day which was ~ the 27th, I believe.
From what we gathered at HH today, them being closed was NOT because the state ordered it but 'cause they had an employee  :scratch: who came down with it. No new state ordered restrictions here for the businesses as far as anybody we talked to knew of..........................................yet. This place is newly remodeled with 2 dentists & at least 10-12 assistants with about the same # of chairs.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We had at least 3 people get it at work, all from the same bar. I thought they would test everybody but I guess not.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just got word today that the plant in Hagar city had a confirmed case. They shut the plant down the rest of the day and 2nd shift and are supposedly going to thoroughly clean it tonight.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
See Glenn......nobody thinks your funny,  maybe u should hire a writer for ur jokes.  It was good tho huh.?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thought maybe since I was in for my annual blood letting last week Mayo would've tested me with their vaunted serology test. Must've figured I wasn't worth it. :confused: Knew about the 1 bar in Mankato a couple weeks ago as my friend's son was exposed. Tested negative so that was a relief. Was a wedding locally where some people got infected. Rumor was it came from someone from AZ who attended the wedding. One lady I know was hospitalized & several people tested positive but were asymptomatic. See? Another reason to avoid weddings as if I needed one!  :tut:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought maybe since I was in for my annual blood letting last week Mayo would've tested me with their vaunted serology test. Must've figured I wasn't worth it. :confused: Knew about the 1 bar in Mankato a couple weeks ago as my friend's son was exposed. Tested negative so that was a relief. Was a wedding locally where some people got infected. Rumor was it came from someone from AZ who attended the wedding. One lady I know was hospitalized & several people tested positive but were asymptomatic. See? Another reason to avoid weddings as if I needed one!  :tut:
Heard about that

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, not sure what the thought process was there roony. This gets back to animal science 101. Want to increase the odds of animals getting respiratory diseases? Crowd them together in an enclosed area. Having a large wedding reception, much of it inside a farm building? Worst of it was there were elderly relatives who if they were there & contracted it would've likely been dead meat given their underlying conditions.

This whole bar scene worries me. That concern is being borne out by who's getting it: younger adults who seem to think things are back to normal. We went to the bar & grill in Clarks Grove last week. The bar itself was crowded with younger people yelling, shouting and laughing it up. We were distanced from the bar but was glad to swallow my meal quickly & get out of there. Food was OK but the atmosphere sucked. Won't be going back anytime soon. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I was young once too but never had this kind of thing, I guess those were the best of times.