Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902797 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 and raining here. Heading for upper 80s again today. We got a 1/2" of rain overnight. That will be good for the grass. I think there is a chance for off and on rain most of the day today. Boy it was sure a steamy one yesterday afternoon. I was wishing that we had AC in the house last night. Told the wife I would be willing to put in a mini split right in the bedroom and she said no. Central air only. Well, we have a slab on grade and no duct work. No AC I guess then. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
JB I have baseboard electric heat, means no furnace. I had an AC installed, kinda a wall mount but has a compressor. works pretty good, and has a heat pump and can heat the house until it gets 32 degrees outside is when they recommend no longer using it.

Goodman product.
That is what I call a mini split unit Glenn. But da wifey doesn't want anything on the wall.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I hear ya all on the bar stuff and I agree..  67 here but going for 89... ugggg!!!  but what the hay, it's not 30 below!!!  did get a few things done yesterday but didn't push hard cause of the humidity...  today will be the same I'd say...  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea even the local newspaper had front page headline about Walz tighten up the screws again. :confused: :crazy:
.what happened to buying enough time to get supplies stocked and hospitals ready for capacity??
It is all a crock of BS. And this whole uptick in cases is totally correlated to the protest and rioting even though the mass media will deflect otherwise. And now I heard yesterday that the big reason that California is rising in cases is because illegals are coming across to get treated.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here this morning when I got up. Felt good. Heading for a high of 91  :puke: today. It is Friday for me today and I will be on furlough all next week. Sounds like that will be the last furlough. Think I am going to head down to the hunting shack and do some grass whacking tomorrow. I imagine it is pretty tall about now. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G’morning.   She is going to be another hot one today.  Just hazy with humidity in the air already.  But we can’t control the weather  :confused.   Tearing apart my live well for the 150th time to see if I can get it to pump.  This boat came equipped with Flowrite valve system that I am about to just take out.  It will not pump water to the front livewell.  Checked hoses. Replaced the pump, replaced control valve and pump will still not prime itself.  It sits well below the water line too.  :confused: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea even the local newspaper had front page headline about Walz tighten up the screws again. :confused: :crazy:
.what happened to buying enough time to get supplies stocked and hospitals ready for capacity??
It is all a crock of BS. And this whole uptick in cases is totally correlated to the protest and rioting even though the mass media will deflect otherwise. And now I heard yesterday that the big reason that California is rising in cases is because illegals are coming across to get treated.

I really dont know where you are getting your information from for that rant but I am having a hard time finding any truth to it. In the hardest hit areas the positivity rate is up over 10 percent, the hospitalization rate is up and the death rate is up. People who call it all BS are the biggest part of the problem. De Nile is a river in Egypt.
« Last Edit: July 07/02/20, 08:05:47 AM by roony »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 75* now & gonna hit 89*, I hear. Just peeked at the extended fcast & there's NOT 1 day below 87* in it for the next 2 weeks for us.  :crazy: :pouty: Already been to the credit union as they open at 7 & we're heading to Waterloo again pretty soon. That is the mission of the day, we'll see what happens after that. May check out HH again just to see if there are 11 people there :scratch: as that would be 1 more than yday. ;) :smiley: Nobody from Fla, AZ, TX, or Calif. either, 'cause I knew everyone. Hope your Thursday's a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...……..yea...…..this weather suks big time...….. well our AC  is acting up too!!!!! it works but kicks out. we need to shut it down turn off the breakers. wait a while then it works again!!!!! :confused: :angry2:

gonna do a little garden work this AM then vegetate n the house. I dispise this weather!!!! :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...……..yea...…..this weather suks big time...….. well our AC  is acting up too!!!!! it works but kicks out. we need to shut it down turn off the breakers. wait a while then it works again!!!!! :confused: :angry2:

gonna do a little garden work this AM then vegetate n the house. I dispise this weather!!!! :confused:
Make sure your fins are clean, sometimes washing thru with a garden hose can help a bunch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I did that this spring but good idea...…..just never know!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Light breeze is all today so at least it'll be muggly. Got a bunch of fields dropped on us to scout yesterday for weed escapes so will be able to appreciate it this afternoon. Best get at it. Days not getting any younger.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

I really dont know where you are getting your information from for that rant but I am having a hard time finding any truth to it. In the hardest hit areas the positivity rate is up over 10 percent, the hospitalization rate is up and the death rate is up. People who call it all BS are the biggest part of the problem. De Nile is a river in Egypt.

Sorry. I should have been more clear. The BS i was referring to was Walz possibly shutting things down again when the whole original shut down was meant to give the hospitals time to get ready like Glenn was talking about. I have no doubt that there is a rise in cases after all the mass protests and the rise in the amount of testing that is getting done now.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Most of the increase seems to be from the bars and restaurants opening or not following the guidelines once they opened. We have seen a dramatic increase in cases in Mankato and other medium sized towns. I doubt that many if any of these young bar goers were protesters. I know it hasn't really hit your neck of the woods  yet, better hope it stays that way.
« Last Edit: July 07/02/20, 10:14:48 AM by roony »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
And other than a few clusters related to some bars, Minnesota cases have been holding pretty steady.  I have been checking the daily situation updates and was surprised that there doesn't seem to have been a spike due to the demonstrations and rioting.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
See Glenn......nobody thinks your funny,  maybe u should hire a writer for ur jokes.  It was good tho huh.?
OK,  :pouty: I'll fess up. The bear concoction was pretty good. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Late good morning boys.  I wrote one earlier and when I just got on now I see I didn't hit send.  I spent the morning doing the breakin period on my new motor.  Takes 3 hours to do it all.  Then wide open throttle for no more than 10 minutes at a time till 10 hours I think.  SO I was so excited that is why I forgot to hit send.  I went upriver for maybe 10 miles with livewell full, motor completely trimmed down and plowed water for 2 of those hours.  Then I flew out to the lake and checked that out.  Then back home.  So 50 miles or so with very inefficient cruising and still says 1/2 tank of fuel.  So used about 15-20 gallons.  Supposed to get 6 mph at 2/3 throttle when broke in.  Beautiful out whilst doing it.  Light breeze.  When I tied up to my dock I almost passed out it was so hot and no breeze hitting me.  May stay in the AC for the rest of the day.  Wifes home for lunch.  See ya later.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the lake. Up to my neck.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Amen to that. We were going to take the fishing boat for a ride, but after spending 5 minutes in the sun on the dock, we’re going with the pontoon and the canopy up.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome Barry. Glad to hear you got the new boat and are getting to play with it.  :happy1: Yes this heat is no good.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd Jb!!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 68 here this morning heading for the icky 90s  :puke: again today. Going to get things loaded up and head to the shack to cut the grass and hopefully spray the food plots with glysophate so we can plant them in a couple of weeks. Also I can see what we have for seed and get more ordered if need be. Just another day in paradise. Have a good on boys. Have fun p[laying in the new boat today LPS!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 71 here already ans muggy..  going for 89...  bad enough yesterday and more today and for awhile too..  got some house hold chores to do today and make an egg bake for tomorrow..  got company coming this afternoon.. have a good day all!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 73* to begin & 'sposed to hit 90* here today. Made it back from Waterloo yday by 1:30 so we've finally wrapped up our 1st job in order to get the house listed.  :happy1: Had the neighbor lady that sells real estate do a walk through just before we left Austin too so those wheels are in motion as well. My list is a short 1 today, I see a lot of AC in my day. Have fun with the boat, LPS, but don't overdue it in this heat. Have a good day & try to stay :cool: guys!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well the wife had scalped me again yesterday to I have a bright red head today.  That's ok I love my new haircut style.  So easy.  Never messed up neither.  When the wife got home we went for a boat ride down to the marina to fuel up.  They no longer sell fuel cuz the new regs required them to invest $40,000 to upgrade their already real good system.  Was hotter than heck yet but a fun ride.  I had water dripping from under the dash.  The speedometer works off of water pressure and the hose leaks.  I will try to tighten it up when it isn't so hot.  SO I buy a new boat cuz I am tired of working on stuff.  Now I have to work on it.  LOL  Oh well.  Really a nice boat.  I have a Dr. appt at 9 to get my usual pain shots in my back.  They work pretty good for me too so looking forward to it.  Then may pick up some groceries.  As in steak I hope.  But I won't pay $19.99 lb for it.  May have to get a ham for sandwiches in this hot weather.  Well have a great day and stay as cool as you can be!   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same thing happened at the resort by us LPS. They were told that they'd need to upgrade their system to the tune of $20k in order to keep selling it. They said no thanks, as well. :tut:  :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That is happening all over before someone selling a place. Sometimes I think it's a bit carried away, but what ya gonna do  :scratch:
Morning fellers. Remember you you where whining about the weather this past winter  :scratch: :sleazy: :smoking: sure be nice to have some of that cool air back about now. :happy1:

More inside time again but I think I will need to water the garden today. Sprayed the AC unit outside yesterday, seems to have helped. For know. We have someone coming Monday to look at it. Wasn't all that dirty I didn't think. Still a long ways from Monday though.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning everyone.  day off in onservance. happy weekend!  yaya buttard!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning everyone.  day off in onservance. happy weekend!  yaya buttard!
Yea butt does the wife have the day off from you. :scratch: :evil: that's the million dollar question. :evil: :rotflmao:

Have a good weekend bud!!! :happy1:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning...I have come to the conclusion I cannot catch fish..LOL!!!  But I did score big on aluminum cans at the landing today, so that has to count for something.  The can money goes into the grandkids savings accounts for when they graduate.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's, again. Making the corn grow that's for sure. Should see some tassels on field corn shortly after the 4th. Some of the early sweet corn patches are already tasseling. Paid some bills but other than that, tough to get too motivated especially after grinding through scouting about 1100 acres of soybean fields. Better get this posted or I'll have to edit to "afternoon gang". Have a great 4th!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)