Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902284 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning boys.  Sammy will be laid to rest at 8:30 this morning and he will be buried by Willy under the maple tree.  Talk to ya all later.
:cry: :cry: :cry: awe man LPS..........I feel your pain. really sucks!!!!!! put my lab down back in Oct and still miss that dog. our Sheltie is still hanging in there but i'm noticing a decline!!!!!! :cry:

yep may Sammy RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........1 day closer to it being saturday every day!!!!!!!!!sure was humid last nite.  started to sprinkle when i left this morning and had a light rain all the way in to Ramsey. sure hope we get a bunch of rain at home.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
RIP Sammy, it sure hurts when ya a pet passes away for sure. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sucks lps, always a tough thing to do. RIP Sammy.. I have ashes of 3 dogs buried between the wood duck houses over looking the lake and everytime i go by em I stop and say hi. Good luck lps..

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang!

Sad to hear about Sammy Barry. My sympathies from one dog owner to another.

72 at choretime with temperatures remaining steady. Supposed to drop into the upper 50's tonite so we won't know how to act. .16" of rain in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch and .07" in Bugtussle proper. Thundering & raining presently with more rain heading this way on the radar. Crop damage in the corn was less worse than last year. Some lodged badly in spots but very little stalk breakage. Hopefully the weather today leaves it alone. Better get back at it. Have copy deadline to meet before noon & then I get to go do battle with the license bureau. Damn! Shoulda brought my flask!  :scratch:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for your loss :cry:, LPS, will be thinkin of ya! RIP, Sammy. Got to Austin ~ 8:30 & ran out to the junkyard right away as they hauled the van away yday & there was still a garagedoor opener in it we wanted. Drove through some heavy rain just west of Stacyville, I'm glad that didn't last all the way home. No more now, gotta go.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Sorry to hear about your loss Barry. Dogs are special to alot of us.
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you to all of you.  The passing of a pet friend is maybe as much or more emotional than a person passing.  They are "your friend" that you live with everyday.  Sammy, Bob the female cat, and Buddy the black lab all ended up being very good friends.  Buddy was a sort of rescue thing and has been nothing but a wonderful and happy dog.  Bob was a rescue too and kind of rules the roost and it is fun to see.  Bob walks around and touches nose with the dogs as they lay there.  The dogs used to get up like they were scared of her but no more.  At first she stayed in our closest for 2 says before coming out and taking control.  SO Sammy is buried under the maple tree with Willy2..... 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, that is sad news for sure. It’s always tough when an pet passes. Just remember the good life you gave Sammy.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry LPS. That is very hsrd.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Count me in as a sympathizer. I’ve experienced that many times over the years and it’s one of the most painful things I’ve ever had happen. I have a( unfortunately) growing line of resting places for many of my best friends along the path to the woodshed and each time I walk by I remember the good times. Somehow , we get through these times. In the meantime, remember things will get better and you have the thoughts and prayers of some good people.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well got the new fridge and stove in place and all operating well.  the fellow is comin thursday for the older fridge so I just have a 6 year old LP stove to sell..  $100.00 and it's gone..  got the mowing all done too, that was nice to get that done again!!  have 59 now going for 81...  going to Alex this morning for few things but then not sure what I have going..  might have to the bike out..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here this morning heading for 78 and windy again today. The grandson and I went out fishing yesterday afternoon and the further out we went the rougher it got. Spent about 20 minutes out deep then came back in closer to shore. Managed to catch enough for a meal pulling cranks in 15-17 fow. So, it will be fish for supper tonight. Looking like it is going to be windier to than yesterday. Not sure what the day will bring. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Things will be better today.  Buddy and Bob are pretty quiet today.  Probably confused.  So JB.  Did you use bottom bouncers with those cranks?  Next week I hope to get out on the lake depending on the wind.  In the County news I guess a couple of people may have tested positive here.  Seems they work here but live in another county.  Was from a bar experience it seems.  Then Roseau County reported 2 cases so it may be the same 2 people.  Any news on the cases up by you JB?  Was it friends or relatives visiting or the people that live there?  Just curious.  Our little piece of heaven has been tainted it seems.  Darn!!   Well have a good day all of you!  PS  sausage and eggs for breakfast. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We were pulling the deep diving tail dancers with super braid line. I think they are the #7s or #9s. Says on the package they will dive to 15 feet. I try to run in the 15 to 17 fow and if I let out enough line I will contact bottom. Doesn't seem to work with mono though. I am running 10# spider wire. When we went out deep we were trying down riggers, but it was way to rough. As for the nieghbors that got covid. They are weekenders and I think it is there son that lives in Rochester. Apparently one of the kids was sick and it was covid so everyone that was in the cabin got it. On the 4th they all went to their cousins cabin up the beach from them for fireworks except for the one that was sick. Well the rain came and they all went into their bar. Guess there was a bunch of them. So far none of the big group has got it yet. Thankfully the one that was sick stayed back at the cabin or there would be alot more with covid. This is what I was told last Friday and haven't heard of any new cases yet. I think they would have by now. Good luck if you get out to the lake fishng.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........man what a nice day. this is the way every summer should be. wake up to 55-60 degrees, low dewpoints...........all summer long. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

getting things together o head north!!!!!! doing last minute stuff in the garden......... i have a lack of faith in someone else babysitting my garden when i'm gone for more then 3 days!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

had a membership meeting in st cloud yesterday so i was training in my new replacement..........think i'm gonna enjoy being done with work!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am sure you are going to enjoy it more than you can imagine. I can only imagine with having these past 2 weeks off. Going to be hard to go back to work next Monday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I am sure you are going to enjoy it more than you can imagine. I can only imagine with having these past 2 weeks off. Going to be hard to go back to work next Monday.
oh yea!!!!!!!! :cool: :dancinred: :dancinred: and next week i get to practice again. :happy1: :happy1: my last supposed week of furlough though!! :pouty: :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Almost a little early September-ish as the Waseca airport recorded a 52 degree overnite low. More looking at goosenecked corn on tap after paying some bills, etc. Might cut some hay later on but not sure I want to tempt fate and make it rain. Cut Sunday and bale next week might be more my speed. Forecast looks a little drier for that time frame. Cruise to Spring Valley on tap for tomorrow afternoon so have the Stude in the shop today getting a shutoff valve installed in the line to the heater core. The heat control valve wants bleed some anitfreeze thru it & finding a new one ain't easy or cheap. The heater core is under the front seat so it gets hotter than Hades in there when temps are above 80. Mrs. Cheviot is always trying to get my clothes off so we'll fix that!  :sleazy:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Those cool temps sure felt good.  Hey, I actually caught a fish this morning.  Well, do carp count??????   The gang was happy for me and cheered.  That makes 2 this summer, not counting bullheads for bait.  :fish2: :fish2: :fish2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
scored some top sirloin steaks for$4.99 a pound today!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man i sure hope i can eat high off da hog when i retire!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man i sure hope i can eat high off da hog when i retire!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

cheap tube steaks for you!!!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

cheap tube steaks for you!!!!!
:pouty: :pouty: :embarrassed: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Tube Steak and Cold Spring Beer.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man............. :shocked: with friends like you ..............who needs enemies!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here heading for 78 today. Hopefully it is less windy today then the last couple of days have been. Got a little sprinkle of rain early this AM. Not even enough to wet the dirt. Dark and cloudy here right now.  Not much on tap for today. Just a go with the flow kind of day. The end of the week is getting near. Which means going back to work is getting closer too. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya it is a rainy looking day but I think it has passed us.  The deck got wet though.  I need to tie up my tomatoes today.  I didn't put the wire things on when I should have.  Maybe I will make some of those wooden ones.  I always like the looks of them.  Or just tie them up on some lathes.  That may be the easiest.  LOL  We are gonna go visit my Mom and Dad this weekend.  Will be a short visit but I think they prefer that anyways.  They are doing well.  We will take the camper so that is fun too.  Youse all stay out of trouble today...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, have a good trip Barry!!!  rain in the area but nothing here so far and I don't think it will rain either..  got my propane contracted for this winter yesterday, glad I got that done..  not much on the agenda today, maybe smoke some chicken breasts today or tomorrow for sure..  got to get them thawed first..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels this weekend Barry!