Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900967 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep, same here LPS........safe travels.  :tut: and that goes for you 2 also..............stay outta trouble!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers...... sure is another nice morning. sun is shining here. its friday for me today!!!! :sleazy: :fishing: :fishing: :drinking: :stillfish: :old fisherman: headed nort in da morning. meeting tonite here at work. nominations for local officers.........and i dont care no more!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 67* when I went out :fishing:(before 5), mid-80's here today. Got out here ~ 8 yday after we stopped at Sportsman's Cafe in DR for bfast & a quick pit stop at Super 1 in town too. About 4 yday mornin we were between Kettle River & Cromwell when I very briefly seen 46* &  48* on the car. :crazy: It'd been nearly a month since we up last & we had 1' high tough stringy grass/weeds everywhere in the yard so I spent all the rest of the day mowing. Had to go over the thicker spots twice even with the mower set as high as it goes just to get it to look decent. Mower blades will get touched up before I hit it again, got some clothes on the line already too. I better roll, have good day.
« Last Edit: July 07/16/20, 09:00:22 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez. You could have bailed it for Ditch and dropped it off on your return trip.  ;) :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez. You could have bailed it for Ditch and dropped it off on your return trip.  ;) :rotflmao:
yea ole "DITCH" would appreciate the extra help!!!!!!!! :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like everyone's practicing their boranese so far this a.m... :scratch: :rotflmao:

Mornin' gang! 52 for an overnite low in Waseca, 59 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Getting mentally prepared for the afternoon cruise. The shop got the shutoff valve installed yesterday so I'm not waiting on that. Easy access on the firewall & labelled with "on" & "off". Should work although having a bun warmer under the front seat made it easier to stop for a libation. As if I needed any help... :doah: Ike said the heat control valve was stuck tighter glenn leaving a tip! :rotflmao: Anaway, if it doesn't we have one more spot we can place a valve. On some of these older cars & the Silver Hawk was one of them, there was a smaller, separate set of hoses running to the defroster. We'll know after today's cruise if that needs to be done.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
yea ole "DITCH" would appreciate the extra help!!!!!!!! :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, every now and then I like to try .y hand at boaraneze. :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My personal favorite is still the bitch trees JB. I think of that every time I mow around our river bitch & laugh.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea them bitch trees are something for sure!!!  mornin all..  59 here going for 88 and muggy I guess..  going ti fire up the smoker today, chicken and boneless bacon wrapped pork chops on the menu today..  other than that just small things going on..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
On the road again. :sleazy: :stillfish: :super smiley: :old fisherman: :fishing:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, the bitch trees was a good one. The boaraneze is much easier to do when on the phone too. Morning boys. TGIF! which means Monday is getting closer for me to go back to work. Only time I don't look forward to the weekend is when I have the week off. Oh well. 71 outside right now and heading for the mid 80s today. The dang wind has made it really hard to get out deep to try fishing out there. Maybe today or not. The grandkids will want to go tubing again today. Maybe we will get some fishing in later. Tomorrow we bring them home. It was nice to get an extra week with them. Grandma was happy for sure. Safe travels Glenn. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 64* presently & somewhere around 85* is 'sposed to be the high today. I seen 62* early when I went out, sure was a pretty sunrise today. Only had 1 smallie wantin to play today, he wasn't the biggest but sure was fun as he took drag 3-4 times. :happy1: :cool: Since it's goin to be pretty toasty today, I've got a dock height adjustment project in mind for this afternoon. Not much else here now, hopin your Friday's a good 1.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  78 now and it was warm on the water,  thank God there was a little breeze. Caught a handful of little sunnies and a 16" eye but let everything go free. Got a couple small trees cut up yesterday so think I'll service the mow lawner in a bit then float around in the water tge rest of the day. See ya!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 69 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Cruise came off without a hitch yesterday. Day was a "10" weather-wise & there were sure some nice smooth stretches of 2 lane road between Ellendale and Spring Valley. Recently installed in-line shutoff valve on the heater hose worked to perfection. Open the fender vents, roll the windows down partway and let 'er buck. Food at the A&W was decent & the car hops were wearing yoga pants so you didn't even notice they were wearing masks.  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some nice rides there!!  where's the pic of the car hops??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Another error in judgement on my part. Kinda like glenn going to Menards w/o his mask!  :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
some nice rides there!!  where's the pic of the car hops??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
X2!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here this morning and I think it is supposed to be cooler than yesterday. Only mid 70s instead of mid 80s like yesterday. We got little over a 1/4" of rain around 7 last night. Good for the grass but put the cabosh to a fire though. Oh well. Grandson and I went out down rigging yesterday for 4-5 hours and it was not good. Only 1 keeper, caught 3 in the slot and 3-4 little ones. We will be heading south shortly to bring them home. So, I am going to make some blue berry pancakes before we hit the road. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 66* now & goin for ~ 80*. Our weather hit around 8:45 last night & I'm not sure :scratch: when it quit as I fell asleep. Walked out to the burn barrel & found .9" in the gauge with very little wind damage. :happy1: :cool: Probably a little down along the drive though. No  :fishing: today early :pouty: but may need a boat ride later depending on when today's rain is 'sposed to start. Do have a project to start as the new mower needs some more TLC. Hopin that isn't too bad, we'll see. Have a good day guys. I'm sure it'll be pretty quiet here. ;) :whistling:                                                                                       
« Last Edit: July 07/18/20, 07:06:35 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, man did the storms roll threw here about 11 last night..  power was flickering like crazy!!  and the lightning was insane!!!!  we ended up with 3.15 inches of rain!!!  and it sounds like that amount all over in the area...    blue berry pancakes sound great Jb!!!!  sounds like we have a 50% chance of rain again today..  must be Glenn's fault for sure!!  have a good day all!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 67 at shoretime heading for a high in the low 90's. .31" of rain overnite at the ranch. Some of the system that hit hard up north managed to stay together long enough to get here too. Did a lot of odds & ends around the house so far this a.m. About ready to blast off for town, read the rain gauge there, get some burger buns & more jelly. Must be feeding about half the oriole population in Steele Co. A couple jars a week ain't cutting it anymore.  :doah: BTW, Glenn sends his greetings & a photo of his retirement plans!  :coffee:
« Last Edit: July 07/18/20, 10:04:17 AM by Dotch »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yeah.....we got pasted... only 1.5 inches of rain, but I have multiple tree's down and we didn't have power for 6 1/2 hours. Been cutting 🌲 all morning.  :angry:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's not good HD!!  we lucked out with all the wind only some leaves and branches here...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah.....we got pasted... only 1.5 inches of rain, but I have multiple tree's down and we didn't have power for 6 1/2 hours. Been cutting 🌲 all morning.  :angry:
Wow, HD that's  :crazy: They(TWC) had a lot of that, 60+ mph winds, fcast for us. Take it a little easy, bud, as it's really sultry here already. Pretty easy to overdue it in your situation & end up gettin yourself trouble. Lots of water today. :happy1: :cool:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, HD that's  :crazy: They(TWC) had a lot of that, 60+ mph winds, fcast for us. Take it a little easy, bud, as it's really sultry here already. Pretty easy to overdue it in your situation & end up gettin yourself trouble. Lots of water today. :happy1: :cool:

yup what he says!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Hope he's got some help, mike.  Some family, friends, or maybe even some neighbors. :angel:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Yup, I'm not sure what it was....the last I heard before the power went out, the news said they detected rotation and the sirens were going off. So I headed for the basement.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good move!!!  haven't heard anything about tornadoes, just straight line winds, at least around here... 
« Last Edit: July 07/18/20, 11:12:16 AM by mike89 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
good move!!!  haven't heard anything about tornadoes, just straight line winds, at least around here...

There had to be some sort of rotation here cause the 🌲 are not laying down in the same direction. Either way, I gotta clean it up.

Nobody here but me Gunner... But I guess my son-in-law is coming when he gets off work.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Glad your OK!! :cool: Anything damaged can be replaced & some of the clean up can wait, if it needs to.