Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905289 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here going for 78...  yesterday was great temps all day...  sounds like rain over night in to tomorrow..looks like I have refill the bird bath again today..  been seeing blue birds the last week which is nice..  got a few things to do today but nothing pressing..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 56* when I came in :fishing: & mid 70's for the high here. Even a bit on the cool side goin out the last couple mornings but I like it as I can just grab a jacket. Dang wind switched on me this mornin not long after the sun came up. Sure was another pretty sunrise though. Pulled a crawler harness startin out but no go, went to my rig with a leech & had quite a bit of action. Mostly acted like perch though & I did land 1 little 1. Got a bunch of my mowin done yday & 1 small section is lined up for today. That's all I've got today, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Hay cutting is on hold for now until this forecast gives us 3 days in a row w/o rain. Got all the lawn mowed in the meantime so shouldn't have to worry about that. We loaded out a bunch of lambs this a.m. There is a Muslim holiday coming up on July 31st I'd never heard of. Luckily our buyer had and asked me last week if we had any lighter lambs we'd be interested in peddling for pretty good coin. Yes & always. See comments a few pages back about baling hay! Did Google the holiday to see what it amounted to. I'm OK with it as long as they don't start asking to butcher on the farm.   

https://nationaltoday.com/eid-al-adha/

And almost forgot, it's Carlos Santana's 73rd Birthday today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4jdiJA2TtQ 

« Last Edit: July 07/20/20, 10:14:29 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Morn'in boys!

Day 3 of clean up. I got the front yard done (and I even convinced the power company to take down some storm damaged 🌲 under the power lines)
So today, I'm working on the back yard.......

Have a good one.... it maybe your last....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very true HD!!  really like the bottom post!!  did it take your bird feeders too??

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
very true HD!!  really like the bottom post!!  did it take your bird feeders too??

Still up... probably the only thing that didn't sustain damage. Most of the feeders were empty, but still intact. If they can take a hit from a 300 pound 🐻, I guess it should withstand a tornado.  :scratch:

So, the official report, said it was a F-1 tornado. With a smaller one just a little north of us that they considered a F-0 (I didn't even know there was such a thing) so, 2 tornadoes.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting on the feeders!!  yes I heard there 4 tornadoes that day total and the F-0 surprised me too... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey JB, the other day you were talkin about pullin some of smaller Taildancer's when you were  :fishing: with the grandson. I have a few of those & I'm wantin to give 'em a try so I was wonderin :scratch: what speed do you like & ~ how much of the 10#  braid gets you  15-17' deep. Been marking a lot of  :fish2: but there all usually up high, 15' or less. Rod holders or not?  :confused: Thanks!!
who you trying to  :bs:, you feet your walleyes in Inger. :laughroll: :laughroll: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here heading for a high of 68 today. A healthy breeze blowing off of the lake this morning. Not much else here, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here going for 70!!!  got .50 inch of rain over night.  must have been a quiet rain as I didn't hear it at all..  got a dentist appointment this morning, a check up and x-rays...  was going to mow last night but decided the heck with it, so maybe today..  have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey JB, the other day you were talkin about pullin some of smaller Taildancer's when you were  :fishing: with the grandson. I have a few of those & I'm wantin to give 'em a try so I was wonderin :scratch: what speed do you like & ~ how much of the 10#  braid gets you  15-17' deep. Been marking a lot of  :fish2: but there all usually up high, 15' or less. Rod holders or not?  :confused: Thanks!!
who you trying to  :bs:, you feet your walleyes in Inger. :laughroll: :laughroll: :nerd:
   :scratch:  Is that Boar? :confused: I see some time at the cabin didn't help your FAT fingers!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :doah: :evil:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 58* ~ 1 hour ago & the low 60's for the high. Rainin pretty good right now, not exactly sure when it started. It was 'sposed to be around midnight, I know it had already started by 2. :scratch: I figured glenn must've went home yday as it was too nice out for him to be around here. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: A lot of boats out last night & I'm sure today's fcast had a little to do with that. Got some wash goin now & a couple other things on the list. Hope your Tuesday's a good 1

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just watched a ship come is at Duluth and another is about to enter the canal... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 67 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. More soybean aphid scouting on tap for today. Probably more of the toad relocation project as well. Little terds keep digging in Mrs. Cheviot's flower pots & dislodging the transplants on the porch. How they get up there remains a mystery. They have to hop up 4 steps first. They apparently love the moist potting soil and submerge all but their head in it. I've taken toads down to the barn & dumped them in the road ditch but they keep coming back. Thinking there's more than one too. Last nite before bedtime, I hauled one down to the neighbor's slough a quarter mile away. There was one back in the pot again this a.m.! I hauled it to town in a 5 gallon bucket & turned it loose in the slough behind the office. It's ~ 6 1/2 miles back to the ranch. That's one amazing toad if it makes it back there.  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You need to mark it with a sharpie or some paint.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I am back in action!  I only read this page but will read back farther later.  May HD you got walloped!  Sorry to hear that.  What a mess.  And Dotch, what do those toads eat?  Remember don't lick them.  Some psychedelic reaction could take place.  Ask Glenn about it.  I think he licked one awhile back.  LOL  We had a fun weekend.  Parked the camper at Ottertail and then headed to Luverne and visited with Mom and Dad.  They are good but the aging process doesn't stop for any of us unfortunately.  Our lawn looks like a pasture so since the rain barely nicked us I need to mow which is what I am going to do now.  I will check back later but wanted to say hi to all of youse.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. We got an inch of rain overnight. Got some garden veggies to process today. :happy1: on furlough this week. I'm getting good at this retirement practice. :happy1: :rotflmao: pretty soon I'll be able to screw off every day all the time like Gunner, Mikey, del, and LPS!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Toads eat all kinds of stuff including flies, mosquitoes, earthworms, and probably earwigs while they're at it. That might be one of the things they're after now on the patio. I noticed a large hatch recently. Getting a marker or paint to stick on a moist toad might be a challenge del. Don't want to harm them either. They're the "good guys" and are an indicator of a healthy environment locally. Last mowing I saw dozens of small ones hopping out of the way. For now I'll just relocate them far enough away so they don't incur the wrath of Mrs. Cheviot.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Once my garden plants started emerging I notice a small toad in my garden. Seen that feller last week again, he be eating real good. :happy1:

There are all kinds of toads and the real frogs up at the cabin. Pretty sure there eating good to.Dotch us correct, a healthy population of those critters means a healthy water system and environment.

And I wouldn't admit Dotch is right often. :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have to make a trip to Menards? This retirement thing is going to your head!  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have to make a trip to Menards? This retirement thing is going to your head!  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: ya know I'm resigning to the fact that masks may be a requirement in the very near future any time one enters a public building. :pouty: :doofus: and I'll be a good boy and politely comply. :confused: :doofus:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: ya know I'm resigning to the fact that masks may be a requirement in the very near future any time one enters a public building. :pouty: :doofus: and I'll be a good boy and politely comply. :confused: :doofus:

that's about the truth of it too!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh same here & I already have for Dr's, eyeglass & license appts. It's just going to be another PITA. My odds are better of having my hip broken by a ram than contracting COVID out here where I see 4 or 5 of the same people on a daily basis. I see Cash Wise recently required masks. If my local liquor & grocery store doesn't require masks, that just increased the odds I'll buy here. No one forcing me to drive to Owatonna. If they gotta wear masks, odds are there are more sick people over there. Better stay away from 'em!  :tongue:   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I wear a mask in stores up here in the great white north, where there have been very few cases.   Just doing my thing and it's not that big an inconvenience.   Put it on, get my stuff, walk out, take it off.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bully for you...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
But Del NOT your holloween mask. :sleazy: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget del you live in a city of over 100,000 people & then spend time in CA part of the year. If I were in your shoes I'd probably do the same. But I'm not. My closest neighbor lives a half a mile away. I spend most of my days driving the countryside alone, jumping out & examining fields then texting my observations to the customer. This is more like SD than it is municipal MN. Confinement livestock vs. pasture raised.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Done raining here since ~12

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget del you live in a city of over 100,000 people & then spend time in CA part of the year. If I were in your shoes I'd probably do the same. But I'm not. My closest neighbor lives a half a mile away. I spend most of my days driving the countryside alone, jumping out & examining fields then texting my observations to the customer. This is more like SD than it is municipal MN. Confinement livestock vs. pasture raised.
Well at the moment we are in north central st Louis county.   I am still doing the mask thing even though not many others, including the 60 people at the wedding next door, or the folks at the hardware store,  are doing the same.   

But the wedding was fun to watch from our deck and listening to the music...  Metal to start out but ended with chicken dance and other traditional songs. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well at the moment we are in north central st Louis county.   I am still doing the mask thing even though not many others, including the 60 people at the wedding next door, or the folks at the hardware store,  are doing the same.   

But the wedding was fun to watch from our deck and listening to the music...  Metal to start out but ended with chicken dance and other traditional songs.

sooo yer saying you were sitting on your deck and watching a wedding party with your mask on???????????????