Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904229 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Del.... Don't forget the face shield for that extra protection. :doofus: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Welp....I know what I'm doing....

as of today, we have 93 confirmed cases in Isanti county.......I wear a mask, in any store or public function.

It's just what I do.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
With a mask they can't see him drooling so that is a good thing.  Yes the wife and I used to just use them here in the  grocery store.  NOW we are not shy to wear them much more than we used to.   The people wearing them seems to have increased greatly since we were last at Ottertail. At the convenience store we even used them to go in and get coffee.  I hate wearing them like everyone else..  I don't want to get it and don't want to give it. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget del you live in a city of over 100,000 people & then spend time in CA part of the year. If I were in your shoes I'd probably do the same. But I'm not. My closest neighbor lives a half a mile away. I spend most of my days driving the countryside alone, jumping out & examining fields then texting my observations to the customer. This is more like SD than it is municipal MN. Confinement livestock vs. pasture raised.
Well at the moment we are in north central st Louis county.   I am still doing the mask thing even though not many others, including the 60 people at the wedding next door, or the folks at the hardware store,  are doing the same.   

But the wedding was fun to watch from our deck and listening to the music...  Metal to start out but ended with chicken dance and other traditional songs.

sooo yer saying you were sitting on your deck and watching a wedding party with your mask on??????????????? 

Nope, I maintained like 100 foot social distancing...   But nobody at the wedding had masks. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Del.... Don't forget the face shield for that extra protection. :doofus: :doofus:
:scratch: Don't forget yours when you have to go to St Cloud shopping the next time, glenn.:sleazy: :tut: :evil:                                       :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna get down to 47 here tonight!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
51 here i think...  good sleeping weather!!!  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
51 here i think...  good sleeping weather!!!  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
good cuddling weather!!!!!! :happy1: :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Got dry cleaned here, no rain or wind as was initially forecast. If I'd rolled the dice I could've mowed hay yesterday & likely had it dry enough to bale tomorrow afternoon. Now it looks like rain again by tomorrow night into Tuesday,  then again Thursday. :scratch: It'll get done eventually, just wish we had a better forecast near term. The whole process of baling hay sux.  :angry:

I feel for you HD & everyone who had damage in this last round of storms. In '96, it scattered our then new 40×72 pole barn a half mile across the neighbor's fields. Also lost some lambs & numerous trees. Moved sheep & lambs to several locations. Royal PITA.
Getting kinda dry here. Maybe you otter cut that hay and make it rain.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Goin' down in the a.m. Shouldn't need to water anything for several days.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Seen 49 here this morning. Got the house down to 66 last night. Nice and cool in there for now. Supposed to get up to 75 today. Now the heat is coming. High 80s by Friday and 8s for the weekend. I was surprised on Saturday when we were getting gas in Baudette to see the flyer for the Effie Rodeo. Thought for sure it would have been canceled so we planned a month or so back to have my Dad and Stepmom come up for the weekend. We usually go to the rodeo. Oh well, maybe next year. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 53 here going for 74...   got the mowing done and a few other things outside done too!!  great weather to it for sure!!  going in to Alex this morning for supplies again..  mostly just a few groceries.  and I see the local store has top sirloin steaks for $4.99 yet, might have to score a few of them instead of just one meal..  have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 53* here & we may hit 75* today. No early boat time today, maybe later. Not much on the list either, bfast is on so I better go. Have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup a nice morning.  Gonna head over to get pickles today so that will be a fun drive.  Have to pull my boat out of the river today cuz they haven't sent me the sticker for it so the temporary one expires today.  Will get some other things done now.  Like mayhaps cut some firewood.  Well have a good one!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I hear Glenn Taylor is thinking about selling the timber puppies; they are saying Kevin Garnet and the Viking owners are interested....
« Last Edit: July 07/22/20, 08:14:00 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read that.  Very interesting!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Hay mowing day. Will be starting sometime after 10. Takes a couple hours due to dicking around with poles, ruts, fence, a garden and travel time. Would be easier and cheaper to buy it from SD & be done with it.  :huh:

I pulled one of my patented tricks on a customer yesterday. The guy is a decorated Viet Nam vet and a longtime friend. Also lost his wife tragically a couple years ago. He was bemoaning the fact that he'd messed up spraying his soybeans. On his 200 acre field east of his house there was a strip of scattered volunteer corn that looked like hell 3/4 mile long & ~ a couple sprayer booms wide. I have a bean hook I always carry in my truck in case I see bull thistles or other weeds that torque me off. I decided since it was the last field of the day I'd take the corn out of it. David was gone so the timing was good. Took me a little over an hour but I got it done without getting caught. Went by the field this a.m. to see what kind of job I'd done. Pretty as a picture. Laughed my tail off as I drove by it. Wish I could see the WTH...? look on his face. :happy1:       
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, gotta head down to the hall today. Just some stuff I need to get done. Just a couple hours. Got a few things on my list nuttin real important that it can't wait. I like the LPS theory, why do it today when I can do it another time. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Seen that story also about the Woofies, also read something about Garnett that he was interested, but also something he posted about Taylor being a snake and won't do business with him?? :scratch:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Now, now Glenn.  :tut: You aren't supposed to doing nothing with work when you are on furlough.  :tut: :tut:

Dotch you make a good little elf. Cleaning all the corn out of the beans. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I really try not to but tell that to the 400 members I represent. :confused: or my boss, or the international that wants stuff. :confused:

I had nothing this week at first. I planned it that way. This was supposed to be the last week of the furloughs but we got another 2 weeks in August. I won't tell you what I got them 2 weeks. :doofus: :pouty: :banghead:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doofus: :doah: Forgot to mention earlier that we had 1.1"+ in the gauge when it was done yday :bonk:. Just got done with my boat ride, sure was nice out there. Lots of little perch action again.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
shopping was good today..  and I did score about 5 pounds of top sirloin...  and then to boot if I purchased $30.00 worth of food I got another $5.00 off the bill!!!  works for me!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
shopping was good today..  and I did score about 5 pounds of top sirloin...  and then to boot if I purchased $30.00 worth of food I got another $5.00 off the bill!!!  works for me!!
well I sure hope you donated that 5 bucks to a good cause. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

My extra savings goes towards Glenn's alcohol fund!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I sure hope you donated that 5 bucks to a good cause. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

My extra savings goes towards Glenn's alcohol fund!!! :happy1:

of course, I put it in POM fund....   Poor old Mike!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thought you'd like that one!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I have my steaks vacuum sealed and in the freezer..  got some yellow beans from the veggie stand in Long Prairie today too!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I really try not to but tell that to the 400 members I represent. :confused: or my boss, or the international that wants stuff. :confused:

I had nothing this week at first. I planned it that way. This was supposed to be the last week of the furloughs but we got another 2 weeks in August. I won't tell you what I got them 2 weeks. :doofus: :pouty: :banghead:
Yah, I hear ya. The extra $600 unemployment runs out next. They must be counting on the feds extending it with something. I am pretty sure our furloughs will be done.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.   A nice cool morning in the north country.  The days are already getting shorter.  Hoping it stays cool like it has been the last few days.   Time to start the night trolling soon.