Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953375 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here this morning and heading for 80 today. Going to be around 90 tomorrow  :puke:. Next week looks to be a little more comfortable. I am liking the cool nights for sure. Happy to see the one size fits all mask mandate  :crazy:. Not. Oh well, Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morn in all, about the same temps here as Jb...  was very nice yesterday over all..  not sure what I have going today but I figure it out as the day progress's.  I just know it's nothing to get excited about like Glenn does!!    oh sorry Glenn, morning..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 58* when I came in & we're not going to quite make 80* here, I guess. :scratch:  A little fog on the lake this am when the sun came up. Maybe some more mowing today, if it ever dries up. Not much else on the list, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I have some of my pork sausage patties in the frying pan as we speak.  That will go with a couple of easy over eggs this morning.  Had a fun thing here yesterday morning about 6 am.  The three fox cubs from this year were all in the yard just playing and having a great time right on top of Sammy's grave.  20 yards from the house.  We watched whilst they were having a great time.  Finally I opened the window and said hey what are you guys doing.  They all stopped and sat as if on command.  I kept talking and they just kept sitting and looking at me.  Right on top of Sammy's grave yet.  They wouldn't leave.  It was actually pretty funny.  SO then Buddy and I walked out on the deck and Buddy put a little run on them.  He was pretty close to them and quit the chase as they hit the woods.  A few years ago I think Buddy may have caught them but he is more mellow now.  Well it was a great site.  I am gonna cut up a little firewood this morning.  Nothing too strenuous but some good excercise and add to the wood pile.  Have some nice elms that are dead too which I really like for fuel.  They will be next on my list.  Well you all have a great day.  Don't leave home without your masks.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Got the hay cut yesterday, finally. First field went pretty good which is always a relief. Two power poles to contend with, an angle, a road ditch and a garden in a tight area makes it like mowing in a broom closet. On to the other one which once you're done with the backswath is usually a piece of cake if it's dry. Went good until I was about half done. When I spread the fertilizer a month ago, there must've been a chunk that lodged in the endgate restricting the amount coming out on one side. Parts of it got under-fertilized & parts got over fertilized as a result. Noticed the field was striped a couple weeks afterwards. The over fertilized strips were wrapping around the rollers on the discbine. Doesn't help that they're getting worn. Found that the only way to get it to go through was to go to beat hell, almost to the point you couldn't stay in the seat. Bottom line: It took 4 hours to mow 5 acres of hay. Buying it from SD is looking better all the time!  :angry2:

My masks are on their way! If I gotta wear the damn things I'm gonna have a little fun with it!  :happy1:

https://www.redbubble.com/i/mask/Minnesota-Clown-by-Carpencs/50591530.9G0D8     
« Last Edit: July 07/23/20, 09:15:01 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the masks Dotch!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........man these mornings are nice. may as well enjoy it as the heat and humidity return tonight according to the terrorists!!!!!!!! gonna try and get outside stuff done!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And speaking of temp changes.  Check out the thermometers about half way through this... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 64* & goin for 87* later, breezy too. Gonna go in to GR today early, we need a few things & got some recyclables to drop off in Cohassett. Not much else new from this neck of the woods, try to stay  :cool: & have good 1.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here this morning heading for around 90. The heat index is supposed to be up to 104 in Baudette today.  :puke: :puke: My Dad and Stepmom are coming up for the weekend this afternoon. Hopefully we can get some fishing time in. Will be good to see them. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 71 here going for 91 and as Jb said, very hot with the heat index..  glad I don't have a lot of out door issues for today and tomorrow..  get the AC going again..  have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  104???  Oh Oh.  I better get the AC rocking and rolling then.  It is windy already.  Hard to get on the lake with all of this wind.  We are going to make pickles tomorrow so that may be a challenge too.  Maybe I will wash cukes and clean the garlic today to speed up the process.  Hard to get any thing done in the afternoons when it is so hot out.  Glad I cut and split wood the last 2 days.  TGIF.  LOL 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 69 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's with heat index values only a paltry 98. Perfect day to bale hay!  :cool: That's what's on tap for today prolly later afternoon after I get it raked this a.m. The good news is we can probably leave it in the field and pick it up tomorrow if we have to. Rain forecast is backed off until late tomorrow afternoon here. The bad news is someone still has to run the baler. If I use my tractor (likely) then no AC. Oh well, strip down to my Speedos & Crocs and I'll be fine. Looks like some nice stuff after spreading out some of the wads yesterday that resulted from the discbine wrapping up. Fun and games... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........yep lotz of inside projects lined up for today!!!!!

prbably gonna have to give the garden a drink twice today. the heat combined with this wind is really gonna suck the moisture out. :confused: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man is it ugly outside........ :embarrassed: :doah: :tongue:

momma and I just got done taking care of 40 lbs of blueberries.  :rotflmao: well maybe 37, i might of had a few since we got them yesterday!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

should be set fer winter on blueberries!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
After midnight Dotch you could get by with just wearing a mask while working   :happy1: Afternoon peoples,  speaking of masks, my Twins and Vikes masks are in the warsh, getten em ready for the new set of rules. Our company is hitting the panic button ( don't wanna get fined ),  its gonna be like cops and robbers around there,  all the managers will be patrolling to make sure were masked up..  :crazy:  Have a pretty busy weekend coming up but tonight its a couple of walleyes going in some oil with some sorta yellow squash fritters taking a dip as well..we'll see. 

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way lps, I enjoyed the vid. Just may watch it again!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
After midnight Dotch you could get by with just wearing a mask while working   :happy1: Afternoon peoples,  speaking of masks, my Twins and Vikes masks are in the warsh, getten em ready for the new set of rules. Our company is hitting the panic button ( don't wanna get fined ),  its gonna be like cops and robbers around there,  all the managers will be patrolling to make sure were masked up..  :crazy:  Have a pretty busy weekend coming up but tonight its a couple of walleyes going in some oil with some sorta yellow squash fritters taking a dip as well..we'll see.
went to the freezer section of Wally world huh. :surrender: :fish2: :smoking: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And that's a site I'm trying to get outta my head, :pouty: Dotch's only clothes covering is a mask. :confused: :censored: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/24/20, 03:06:27 PM by glenn57 »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,
If you got time you can make my hay.  I got 50 acres of wild grass hay that should be easy on your equipment.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way lps, I enjoyed the vid. Just may watch it again!!  :happy1:

The AC must have kicked in. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost done cleaning the 35 lbs of pickles.  Got the garlic cloves all  cleaned up this morning.  Gonna do the process in the morning.  I have my turkey cooker type of propane thing on the ground and boil the pickles.  The wife has water boiling in the house for sterilizing the jars.  Works pretty good.  We both fill them.  Gonna do your onion slice in the bottom of each one Glenn.  Two toes of garlic in each jar too.  Maybe 8 or 10 I will put some jalapenos in.  Lot of work but I really enjoy it.  I think our pickles are the best of course.
« Last Edit: July 07/24/20, 04:52:04 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: the onions taste just as good as the pickle. Same with garlic. I put 4 garlic in. Keeps vampires away. :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Almost done cleaning the 35 lbs of pickles.  Got the garlic cloves all  cleaned up this morning.  Gonna do the process in the morning.  I have my turkey cooker type of propane thing on the ground and boil the pickles.  The wife has water boiling in the house for sterilizing the jars.  Works pretty good.  We both fill them.  Gonna do your onion slice in the bottom of each one Glenn.  Two toes of garlic in each jar too.  Maybe 8 or 10 I will put some jalapenos in.  Lot of work but I really enjoy it.  I think our pickles are the best of course.
Sous vide pickles are great.  Pasteurize without cooking them.  I remember long ago trying to make pickles and apparently overprocessing them to be safe.  Mushy pickles are gross

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You guys boil your pickles? Don't they turn into smoosh?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 77 here going for the upper 80's and humid again..  got about 10 drops of rain over night..  a chance of rain this morning again..  looks like another quiet day for outside  stuff..  nothing pressing anyway...  have a good day all..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  No HD.  I knew I didn't say that right.  I run the cooker that we have the pickles canning in.  They are in the jars already.  Gonna be 89 here today.  We are having a cup of java and then we will get to work here.  Real dark here and sprinkling.  Didn't get enough rain to hit the quarter inch mark in my gauge.  Will have both AC's running whilst we do the canning. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 71* & rain on my 1st trip to the garage. It's been rainin since 3:30 or so but @ 1st peek the gauge only had <.5" in it. There has been a few mini cloudbursts in the last 20 minutes though. Looks like a day for inside stuff to me, at least startin out. Hopin your Saturday's a good 1.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 72 here right now and raining. Have .6 in the gauge at the moment. The grass needed it. Didn't know it was supposed to be that warm here today. Last I seen yesterday it said 83 for today. Oh well will still be better than yesterday. Both thermometers said 96 when we got home from work yesterday. Not sure what today will bring. All depends on what my dad and stepmom want to do. Only thing I know is to finish putting up our new flag pole. Got the tube cemented in last night. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  pretty steamy here yet we cut our Mornin stroll in half earlier.  Gots to do a bunch of running around today, first stop hafta get more dill for pickles and maybe some cilantro for salsa last stop will probably be tge tire shop to have em rotated.  Stay cool fellas!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys boil your pickles? Don't they turn into smoosh?
nope!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: way i do my canned pickles....once in the jar all packed nice and purdy, put in the canner and hot bath them for 10 minutes!!!!!!!!

morning fellers....yep pretty steamy this way too. :confused: :confused: inside projects for most the day. momma left me and da sheltie unsupervised again today!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: didnt even have a beer yesterday!!!!!!! mayhaps not today either.

took the rest of my dill out to Da Generals yesterday afternoon and had a good  :bs: session. he says HI to all!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: and is doing good!!!!!! and of course i said nuttin but good tings about all of ya!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/25/20, 08:52:03 AM by glenn57 »