Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900996 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. I see 2 out of the 3 cats we gave to the neighbors have now returned. :angry: Need to give them to neighbors farther away I guess. They've got it too good here. Still have about 3 dozen bales left to stack in the barn yet. Somehow it's more fun not to. Playing on the interweb is much more my speed this a.m. Lawn mowing on tap later. It needs it. The rain really made it take off & the mosquitoes are an added bonus. Gotta head to Hope sometime today too so I can get some Hope creamery butter to smuggle into IA tomorrow. Long as I'm at it, better get another Beefeater 1.75. I get all that done it'll be time for a nap!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we've got 71* & goin for 81. There's a bit of a northly breeze again today so it shouldn't get very humid again today. :happy1: Got a few things on the list so I better roll, have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, just doing stuff. My wife alerted me to some free cukes so I went and nabbed them. All of them  :evil:

Gonna put them and more green beans in a pickling solution this afternoon. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here going for 73...  did get a few things done yesterday..  a day for being outside too...  today will the same..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Wife is leaving me unsupervised again today till Tuesday or Wednesday. :sleazy: :sleazy:

Today's projects are to go out to friends and weed my asparagus and get sweet corn. Then take care of it.

Awesome weather. Could use rain though. :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We could use some rain too.  The dew in the morning is just keeping the grass sort of green.  Those refrigerator pickles are pretty darn good.  Yesterday I put the Honda generator in my 4 x 8 trailer behind the wheeler and use my pole saw and trimmed trees as high as I could reach.  Looks great.  The wife tends the fire and I bring her loads of branches.  Did a lot of burning.  May do the same today.  Also cleaned up the suckers growing around the trees.  We have a lot of trees so lots left to do.  Buddy is  chasing a young fox that was in the yard.  Good exercise for him.  May have to get out fishing again in a day or two.  Well you have a great day.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  a couple mile stroll is done, coffee about wrapped up.  Gonna do up some breakfast and probably pack up and ride this wind back to town.  I'm sure the garden is exploding with stuff overdue on picking.  See ya on the flip side!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Air almost has a slight touch of fall to it this a.m. Cruise to Clear Lake in IA is "on" for today. Ankle is pretty sore after wrenching it yesterday. Luckily it's my right & not my left. Might mow some lawn before we go if there's time but the dew is staying on. Oh well, it'll be there tomorrow.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
better get yer cane out Dotch!!!   I see ol Wilford Brimley passed away, always liked him as an actor...  85  RIP.....

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's 66* here & 71* is 'sposed to be the high today. We could use a little rain too, guess :scratch: there were some spotty showers around last night but nothin here. I did get 2-3 things scratched off my list yday so I may have to take it easy today. ;) ;D Some clothes in the wash a few minutes ago & that's my main chore today. Get them on the line & we'll see what's happenin after that. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
better get yer cane out Dotch!!!   I see ol Wilford Brimley passed away, always liked him as an actor...  85  RIP.....

Seems it's s unusual when I'm not gimping around these days. Got a couple shepherds crooks I could use. That way I can smack glenn when he gets out of line!  :happy1: I always liked Wilford Brimley too. His portrayal of the Postmaster General on Seinfeld was priceless! May he rest in peace.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually call them battle wounds,  best get that cleared up before the Mrs comes back Dotch or your better off making dinner otta the microwave to keep her off ya!!  :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 52 here this morning heading for the 70s today. Well, we got most of the food plots planted this past weekend. So no more rain for us now that we have seed in the ground. I wasn't able to get the last plot in. I was on the way to do it and I blew the belt on my skidsteer. Spent the rest of the afternoon clearing trees on that trail anyways. What a mess it was. Well, just another fine day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds busy Jb!!  51 here going for 73 today..  got a couple things done already today and still have plenty to do..  darn good day yesterday and the temp was great like today..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 53* & headed for 72* today. We have a busy day ahead too so we're on the move early as well. The family is havin a ceremony for our golf buddy at the cementary at 10 so that's 1st on the list. We'd like to get to Waterloo after that so that should take care of a good share of the afternoon. Better go, have a good day!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man we got a lot done this weekend.  Cut down a lot of extreme leaner trees that would have fallen eventually anyways.  One was a huge willow.  We knocked it down but still have to clean it up and burn it.  That may take us awhile. It all looks a lot nicer now.  We will be able to see the critters better from the house now. The coyote was on our cam pics again.  He hangs around on the NE corner of our property on a hill we have there.  Last night and this morning Buddy was looking up there and smelling the air so I think he is still around. We do have a doe with twins yet so I hope he doesn't get them.  He already got one fawn last week.  Gonna work on that willow tree and thaw out a nice thick ribeye I have in the freezer for tonight.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 56 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 70's. Albert Lea had 48 for an overnite low. Very mid-September-ish. Had a good cruise to Clear Lake IA yesterday. 14 cars! Stopped at the OP to eat. Food was good and they were very accommodating. No major incidents on the way down. On the way back someone about the middle of the pack missed a turn so that messed things up. Once we regrouped tho it was pretty smooth sailing. Gets to be a lot of shifting and positioning when you run with a group like that. Some of the older crew don't maintain a consistent speed well on the open road. I was tuckered by the time we got home.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........little late to the rodeo but i was busy already.  :doah: starting to regroup for the week ahead. tomorrow gotta be in redwing by 3. Thorne bros called my ice rod is repaired and ready to be picked up, so a slight variation to the road trip to red wing.

wed still in red wing for an arbitration. hopefully i can go out with a win. my record there isnt to good.  :thumbs:

thursday gotta be in grand rapids, then the weekend at the cabin!!! :fishing: :drinking: :toast: :campfire:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Good.morning boys. just got back from Sturgis. pics to follow
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good.morning boys. just got back from Sturgis. pics to follow

ya missed all the big crowds then I'd say.....  hope it was fun!!!  loved going there!!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 55 here this morning heading for 75 today. Looking forward to the pictures Boar! Boy what a gorgeous evening last night. Lake was like a sheet of glass. Got the alternator pulled out of the skidsteer last night. Boy, some days I would love to slap some of those engineers right up along side their head. Talk about stupidity. :crazy: But I got it out. Will stop at Napa after work and see what the damage will be. Otherwise just wnother day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 50 here going for 73...  got a trip to the St. Cloud VA for a 1pm appointment..  Dr. wants to see how my veins look in the upper part of my body..  interesting..  got the yard mowed last night so one less thing on the agenda for today.. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope all goes well at the DR Mike!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep what JB said Mike. BUT leave the nurses alone. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :tut:

Morning fellers, today starts my busy week. Well next 3 days anyway. Lady night got some cukes and green beans unexpectedly so I got them all in pickling solution. More goodies to eat this winter  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ok Glenn just for you I'll be good!!  and thanks guys!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ok Glenn just for you I'll be good!!  and thanks guys!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
liar liar your pants is on fire.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 47* here & 73* is gonna be the high. The last couple days here have been a nice change & pretty strange for the beginning of August. We are losin our ISP so we've signed up to bundle the phone, cable, & internet with Mediacom & they are coming this AM to hook us up. If that goes as planned we'll be goin back up to Austin early tomorrow. We did make it to Waterloo yday about noon & were back here by ~ 3. A few things on my list, have to see how far I can get. That's it from this neck of the woods, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup the weather has been great!  I need to get out fishing but need to mow the small pasture before it gets to tall for me.  That is the main focus for today.  WE got that big willow almost all burned up yesterday.  I sharpened my big chain saw twice and still isn't cutting the bigger trunk of the willow very good.  Maybe my stone in the Dremel is getting worn down.  ???  OR maybe I need to file down the rakers some.  ???  Keeps cutting to the right.  May just be the darn willow.  ???   Cuts right through regular sized stuff.  Oh well another thing to figure out.  After 3 days of that I am looking forward to just sitting on the wheeler mowing.  I do have to make a trip to town with Buddy to pay some bills too.   :happy1:  You all have a great day.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The slot in the bar could be wearing out too and allowing the chain to rock to one side.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Dayim! I enjoy this kind of weather. Made my copy deadline so at least I accomplished something this a.m. Afternoon will mean more time spent on soybean aphids. Be nice to finish mowing the lawn tonite. Ankle has healed sufficiently so I should be able to perch on the lawnmower to keep my balance on El Capitan again. Ya JB those skidsteers are usually the consummate 10 gallons of chit in a 5 gallon bucket. Lucky to have the neighbor next door who has worked on dozens of them just like mine. Good luck at the Dr.'s office today mikey!  :happy1: