Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900876 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 53* presently & goin for 76*, I guess. We had some nasty weather roll through here last night just as we were finishin our supper. BIG WIND, a lot of rain in a short period too. :crazy: Lost power til the generator kicked in & have quite a few trees down. Check the DR/Talmoon thread for details, it's gonna be a busy day here. Have a good day guys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, all the weather except the heat missed us..  hope all are good!!!  57 here when I got started going for 77.. much nicer weather..  got a few things to do today but nothing big and I like that...  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We made it.  We had some wind like a mild hurricane for a little while and ended up with 1" of rain so no big deal.  Haven't walked our woods to see if any trees came down.  Gonna be a nice day I think.  No big plans yet but that can change quickly..  Hope you don't have too much damage Gunner! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like some nasty weather could be heading in Dotch's and Roony's area...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........little late to da party..........da puter was super duper slow today!!!!!!!!

working this week...........this is beginning to suck!!!!!!!! this on and off crap. cant wait till Oct 1.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the newer camper appears to be a hit with Mrs. We really enjoyed the extra room with it being four feet longer and having a large slide out. The list of "stuff" we need isn't too long either.Looking to go back in two weeks and spend another weekend in it. My 5.0L seemed to pull it well too. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:

P.S. 14 more school days left at work. But whos counting.......glenn :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 69 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's .38" of rain in the last 24 hrs. at the ranch. Had some squishy quarter-size hailstones with the system that passed thru quickly ~ 5 a.m. but nothing too serious. .03" of precip was all in Bugtussle. Small cell just passed thru Bugtussle ~8:30 a.m. Reminded me of glenn. Noisy little bugger.  ;) Was some hail, ~1.25" diameter. Golf ball-sized hail in the same cell to the north & east of here. Makes twice today I've called the NWS to report hail. Picked up all the windfall apples and pears yesterday and tossed them over the fence for the sheep. They ate some of them then mosied off to gnaw on something else. First time they've had pears so curious to see if they have a preference. Took some of the pears inside to see if they'll ripen. If not the sheep will probably get those too.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the newer camper appears to be a hit with Mrs. We really enjoyed the extra room with it being four feet longer and having a large slide out. The list of "stuff" we need isn't too long either.Looking to go back in two weeks and spend another weekend in it. My 5.0L seemed to pull it well too. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:

P.S. 14 more school days left at work. But whos counting.......glenn :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 52 calender days 38 school days, actually 37 school days, labor day is a paid holiday!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 69 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's .38" of rain in the last 24 hrs. at the ranch. Had some squishy quarter-size hailstones with the system that passed thru quickly ~ 5 a.m. but nothing too serious. .03" of precip was all in Bugtussle. Small cell just passed thru Bugtussle ~8:30 a.m. Reminded me of glenn. Noisy little bugger.  ;) Was some hail, ~1.25" diameter. Golf ball-sized hail in the same cell to the north & east of here. Makes twice today I've called the NWS to report hail. Picked up all the windfall apples and pears yesterday and tossed them over the fence for the sheep. They ate some of them then mosied off to gnaw on something else. First time they've had pears so curious to see if they have a preference. Took some of the pears inside to see if they'll ripen. If not the sheep will probably get those too.
:confused: :angry2: :angry2: :tut: :tut: :surrender: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 63* now & we're gonna hit the low 80's, I hear. Up early & was goin to go for a boat ride ;) :laugh: but when I was down there yday runnin the bilge I must've left the ignition switch on. :doofus: :bonk: Oh well, it's kinda breezy already anyway. Ended up in GR yday by ~ noon as our downed tree job went pretty smooth 'cause we only did what was needed to get in the boat shed. Even went up to Squaw Lake for a couple :toast: & some grub last night. Pretty nice out yet when we got back so I fired up the mower for a bit too. I'd guess there's more downed tree stuff gonna happen today, after that who knows, I might even get out  :fishing:. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1 :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 heading for 79 today. Glad the tree cleanup is going smooth Gunner.  :happy1: Little bit windy here to this morning. Was really windy yesterday out of the west. Welded me up a new ladder section for the ladder stand that I had stolen last winter and recovered this spring. When they put it up they only used 2 sections instead of the 3. So I made a new section and purchase the brace the goes from the ladder to the tree for $16.00. Better than having to buy a whole new stand. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, glad to hear things are moving along smoothly Gunner..  sounds like you did good Jb!!  got a few things done yesterday but nothing pressing..  the mowing is coming to loud halt!!  brown every where except low areas..  so when I mow today I'll be done almost as soon as I start!!! well not that quick but it sure will go fast.. have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like mowing on the list here too when the dew is gone.  That inch of rain greened the grass up nicely.  Speaking of stands I have a nice ladder stand in the neighbors grove that I should get out of there.  Not sure if I will keep it or sell it.  Has the seat with bars all around it type.  We will see once I get it down.  Looks like rain in a few days here.  Well have a great day!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........like JB another day at the mine!!!!!! :pouty: the closer it gets the more i'm looking forward to retirement. working on getting goodies together for canning salsa and soup mix. thats the weekend plans!!!!!!!!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Another .32" of rain at he ranch in the past 24 hrs. and only .06" in Bugtussle. Had some hail at the ranch too when I was in town yesterday. A lotta leaves stripped of the trees. Finish my article for today then off to the fields to see what's transpired with the soybean aphids. Need to start getting mentally prepared for Crop Tour, if that's even possible.  :undecided:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to start getting mentally prepared for Crop Tour, if that's even possible.  :undecided:
so in translation............MORE GIN!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he was out of gin, so did he replace it??????????    :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
today I scored a bunch of tomatoes, kalirabi's and some other small veggies!!!   of the 3 kohlrabies one had worms!!!  never seen that before!!!! but got some good eats!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
today I scored a bunch of tomatoes, kalirabi's and some other small veggies!!!   of the 3 kohlrabies one had worms!!!  never seen that before!!!! but got some good eats!!!
worms in kalarabi??? :surrender: :scratch: never seen or heard that ever. And I've thrown that stuff for 40 years.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning sleepy heads. Off to Fargo for the last time, for work anyway.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  yes Glenn first time I have seen that too!!!  wave on your way by here!!!  got a few things done yesterday, including my little bit of mowing..  so much dead and stunted grass...  61 here with rain maybe coming in from the west..  80 for the high...  have a good day all!!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 55 here heading for 83 according to TWC. No rain here until Thursday or Friday. The grass is looking good in our yard after the 7 tenths on Sunday. We also had been watering too, since it was starting to brown in some spots. Well I was in LPs's neck of the woods last night dumpster diving. Went and got another load of bread for bear bait. Getting excited to start that this weekend.  2 of us will be hunting this year. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good luck with the baiting JB.  I sort of miss doing it.  It is a lot of work. The challenge of out doing other hunters is a big part of it too.  Hope to see some pics.  Buddy and me have to go to town and pay some bills today.  May even go for a boat ride.  Supposed to be windy again so we shall see if we fish any.  Need to at least make sure they are building the International Bridge properly.  I also need to get Glenns onions planted today.  You all have a great day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I'll be Glenn must have driven by!!  it's raining here!!!!  oh yea!!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Last week I was thinking maybe I could start skipping a week of lawn mowing here. Every time I think that it rains enough to keep the lawn going.  :doah: Oh well, there are worse jobs. Rain coming later this afternoon again so it might not happen today. Need to keep  looking for soybean aphids in the meantime. Ta ta!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I'll be Glenn must have driven by!!  it's raining here!!!!  oh yea!!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
:tut: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: and I'm sending it cold spring way. We need it really bad.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we ended up with just over 1/2 inch!!!  could use an all day slow rain...  but looks to be done for now....  thanks for driving threw the area Glenn!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wowsirs! We got piss-pounded this a.m.! They'd talked about no rain until ~4 p.m. and then maybe a quarter to a half inch. When I did chores it was beautiful out, hardly a cloud in the sky. Did some stuff around the office then took a dump before heading to the PO. When I came out of the can the sky was black and it was starting to rumble. Checked the gauge a few minutes ago and it's ~ 1.4" so far with more bands coming back to the west yet.