Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902429 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn must be on his way home!!!  man did we just have a down pour!!!!  another .80 of an inch!!!  that's over 1.25!!  sweet!!!!!  slower would have been better but we will take it!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn must've left this area too cuz it quit. Somewhere north of 2" total. Will know in the morning when we measure it. In the meantime still a 30% chance the rest of the afternoon.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, we had 63* early when I went out :fishing: & it's gonna top out in the mid 70's. Had lots of action :fish2: this mornin :happy1: :cool:, the 1st was a 21"er so it went back. The 2nd was barely in school ;) as it was barely 8" but the last went in the box. A couple perch & a lg mouth bass that were even too little for glenn. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Worked on the dock & pulled the lift in a little this afternoon. 'Bout all from this neck of the woods for now, later.
« Last Edit: August 08/12/20, 06:01:24 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn must be on his way home!!!  man did we just have a down pour!!!!  another .80 of an inch!!!  that's over 1.25!!  sweet!!!!!  slower would have been better but we will take it!!!
Yea no crap. It poured between Alex and Sauk center. Then again by Avon. :doofus:

Got home and busted my but with garden stuff.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, ended up with over 1 1/2 inches of rain with the afternoon rain coming down super hard...   but it will green things back up again..  got a few things to do today so I'll just plug along with that..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here this morning heading for 78. No rain here yesterday, just heat. Seen 86 on the car on the way home yesterday. Sounds like we have a good chance for rain today and tomorrow. We could use another shot of moisture. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We are having coffee and watching a doe eating apples from one of our apple trees.  She must have eaten 10 of them.  She had slime just running out of her mouth.  So funny.  I took a bite out of one of them the other day and they are as sour as a chokecherry.   LOL   We don't do anything with them other than put them by our trail cameras to attract critters like her so no big deal if she eats them.  I went and got some hydraulic fluid to top off the loader on the WD preparing for the big Buckthorn pulling event that I plan on doing today.  It is windy as heck here now.  Yesterday I took a boat ride down to the bridge project.  They are done with the concrete pours on the deck.  Now they will tear up the blacktop and use concrete up to the Customs office.  Then they take down the forms which are thousands of pieces of plywood and 2 x 6's etc.  They expect to open for traffic in about a month.  At one time they had 3 concrete pumpers each pumping to the next one till the concrete got to the last two that were on barges below the bridge so they could reach it all.  Have a great day!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, ended up with over 1 1/2 inches of rain with the afternoon rain coming down super hard...   but it will green things back up again..  got a few things to do today so I'll just plug along with that..  have a good day all!!
cold spring got missed on the afternoon rain!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :censored: could sure use it.

morning fellers. one of these friggin days i'll get around to getting my social security retirement stuff done!!!!!!! :doofus: :confused: this damn work stuff keeps getting in the way!!!!!!!

other then that working on getting ready to have a weekend of canning, suppose that will require some  :toast: also!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the guys I know planned on retiring in Oct and now he may work longer cuz he didn't get his stuff in earlier Glenn.  With the Covid and offices not all having people working he said it is delaying his stuff from being approved.  ???

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i really dont have to rely on the S.S. with my pension so........ but yea i hear yea....... the stuff i've read says could take up to 4 months. when my wife applied for here disability S.S. she got back payed.......so there is that!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. 2.11" of rain at the ranch yesterday a.m. and 2.31" in Bugtussle. Impressive totals especially considering a quarter to a half was forecast later afternoon. Should take the crop to harvest and probably beyond. More rain forecast for Friday nite. Giant ragweed pollen is exploding locally. Throw some heat at it today & tomorrow and it'll get worse. Oh well, next thing you know the snow will be flying.  :rolleyes:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey guys, been  :fishing: most all day. Could've had my limit this mornin but they were all too small, except 1 & that 1 was too big. :pouty: Had a 3 man crew from Blackduck here yday & all the trees damage from the storm has been cleaned up & hauled away. We had 3 more that were starting to threatin our power lines & they came down too. So with the yard cleaned up, I did a little mowin today too. Back to just 2 of us tomorrow as the rest of 'em are leavin. 'Bout it from this neck of the woods, talk at ya later.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice to have that done Gunner.  Does it look much different with all of those trees gone? 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, man are we getting the rain!!  lots of red on radar all around here..  flash flood warning too..  been going on for a few hours now too..  glad ya cleaned up Gunner!!!  and I'm thinking this rain is missing Glenn this morning too..  the areas are full of water this morning too..  sure hope it's not raining when it's time to grill some beef tonight!!  have a good day all!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Supposed to be done raining by that time Mike. So they say. We have not gotten any rain up this way. Buddy and his woman will be coming up this evening. We will be putting out our bear baits tomorrow. We will be putting out 6 of them for the 2 of us. I am getting excited to start chasing bears. Well, another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup hoping for that Jb!!  checked the rain gauge, 3.1 inches of rain so far!!!   Glenn did you go by here again??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

forgot to mention the big buck I seen yesterday afternoon!!  about 25 feet in front of me on the harley going down the road at 55!!!!  I could almost count the hair on him!!!  sure glad he was on a dead run at that time!!  I even locked the brakes hard too!!  to darn close!!! 
« Last Edit: August 08/14/20, 07:51:43 AM by mike89 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 63* now & goin for around 80*. Ran out to the compost pile & dumped 3/4" of rain out of the gauge. :scratch: Think I heard it start, ~12:30, not sure when it quit but it was rainin when they left @ 4. The Adjuster is having some issues with finding someone who can come out & inspect the cabin for storm damage as the 1 they 1st contacted doesn't work in our area. We're 'sposed to hear from different company today or tomorrow to set up an appt. We had planned on returning to Austin Monday but that may now need to changed. I guess they've already issued a check for the tree clean up & an estimate they received from the guy who did our gutters 'cause the adjuster wanted to know where to send it. :happy1: :cool: I have some :fish2: cleanin on my list for today other than that we'll havta see. Hope your Friday's a good 1.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice to have that done Gunner.  Does it look much different with all of those trees gone? 
Not too much to me, LPS, except for the 1 nearest the garage that was close to the power lines & was doubling as part of our clothesline.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had lightning during the night but hardly any rain.  Around noon we may see some action though.  That is a close call Mike!  Good luck JB and hope they get an adjuster out to see you Gunner.  I am trying to get an 8 hp Merc running for my kicker motor so that is sort of my big project for today.  You all have a great day!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, man are we getting the rain!!  lots of red on radar all around here..  flash flood warning too..  been going on for a few hours now too..  glad ya cleaned up Gunner!!!  and I'm thinking this rain is missing Glenn this morning too..  the areas are full of water this morning too..  sure hope it's not raining when it's time to grill some beef tonight!!  have a good day all!!!
He's probably out waterin his garden now, mike. :doah:    ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:  Sure hope the rain hits his garden so we don't have to hear him :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: about having to water it.  :tut: :pouty: :pouty:
« Last Edit: August 08/14/20, 01:03:36 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 63* now & goin for around 80*. Ran out to the compost pile & dumped 3/4" of rain out of the gauge. :scratch: Think I heard it start, ~12:30, not sure when it quit but it was rainin when they left @ 4. The Adjuster is having some issues with finding someone who can come out & inspect the cabin for storm damage as the 1 they 1st contacted doesn't work in our area. We're 'sposed to hear from different company today or tomorrow to set up an appt. We had planned on returning to Austin Monday but that may now need to changed. I guess they've already issued a check for the tree clean up & an estimate they received from the guy who did our gutters 'cause the adjuster wanted to know where to send it. :happy1: :cool: I have some :fish2: cleanin on my list for today other than that we'll havta see. Hope your Friday's a good 1.
so the girls in Inger dont clean your fish no more????????? :evil: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.........man the radar looked nasty this morning. didnt rain in cold spring yet when i left, but ran into rain not far from home.  so according to the weather terrorists, first this front, then more later today.

well, its friday and next week is furlough week!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: busy weekend in store, finis getting my goodies ready tonight to make my soup mix/starter tomorrow then salsa on sunday. and momma sure knows how to bail on me when there's work to be done. :pouty: :confused: sounds like her granddaughter and her might go up by mille lacs to see her sister.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He's probably out waterin his garden now, mike1. :doah:    ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:  Sure hope the rain hits his garden so we don't have to hear him :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: about having to water it.  :tut: :pouty: :pouty:
:confused: :confused: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :mad1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
round 2 of the rain is coming down now.... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 67 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Muggly day on tap again with some thunderstorms likely for evening. Otherwise, playing with more aphids today along with the diseased insects that keep appearing as a result of the warmer wetter conditions. Felt like a wet sauna when you'd open up the soybean canopy to check it out. Thankfully there was a breeze because the mosquitoes have been just nasty lately.   
« Last Edit: August 08/14/20, 12:39:01 PM by Dotch »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to deercamp to do some four wheeling and check cameras. Have a great weekend everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, lot of scary red on the radar...  Last wave missed us but more coming. 

Batten down guys...

Update:   Still coming.  Almost here.     :thumbs: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: August 08/14/20, 07:20:03 PM by delcecchi »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered how things were going for you Del.  I bet it is beautiful there.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here in cold spring, I dumped 4 inches of rain today. Had sirens go off twice some wind but managed to but the bullet.

Yea Gunn, I won't whine about watering the garden for at least 2 days  :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
why would yu but a bullet? like a sapository?? yur creepy!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"