Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900718 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, that sounds like here Scenic as we have 60* & some showers startin our day. Rain is 'sposed to end ~ 9 & they're sayin low 70's for the high. Some NW wind though so it'll feel cooler. I was misinformed as I found out we won't be getting the U Haul 'til Wednesday. We still have a few things to get moved so that's OK. That's it for now, have a good Monday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 55 here this morning heading for 70 something. Had a nice steady rain all night. Ended up with .83" of rain. Made it home around 6 last night. We did good at the sale on Saturday too. Way more traffic than I thought there would be. The grand total we raised for the daughter and her family was $1651.77. Pretty good haul for them. Well off to feed da bears after work today. Hopefully now I can just concentrate on bear hunting now. Well, just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here going for 69...  had some rain over night, right at an inch...  got a few things done yesterday and do a few more today..  glad to hear your daughter had a good weekend Jb!!  good luck Gunner!!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning feelers. Nice to see you back Scenic. :happy1: looks like close to an inch here.

On furlough this week. Got word last week that our shop in Minneapolis is closing it's doors. It's owned by a big conglomerate and rumor has it that there shutting down about 6 other facilities also. That place has been around since Columbus  :pouty: yep 2020 just keeps getting better and better. :confused: :angry2: so I gotta go down there this morning. Then it's back home, pack to head north, get new to me truck. Tuesday head north. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  We had .70" of rain this morning. Heck of a light show about 10:00 last night. Couple were close enough to rattle the windows too. Time for some more coffee, this getting up at 6:30 instead of 4:40 and not going to work is kind of nice. Have a great day gents.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had right at an inch last night in my crude gauge.  Kind of dark and calm here today.  The wind is supposed to pick up though.  I got that 8 hp Merc running with lots of Seafoam so will keep starting in and let the Seafoam do its job.  May take a run to town today in the ol Ford but that is all for now.  Good for you Mark.  Mayhaps you can even have a second cup and do whatever you darn well feel like today!!!  Life is good.  Have a good one boys.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. 1.72" of rain at the ranch & 1.76" in Bugtussle. Unexpected as one forecast had pared it down to less than a tenth before changing it back to tenth to a quarter inch. Pay some bills & after it dries off will entertain thoughts of doing some yield checks. Guessing it's a little muddy but I'll take that over 90 degrees like last week. Nice job JB!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
WTH is next, the dnr might hafta hire that worm wrangler guy to control the spread!! Afternoon peoples, good thing I dumped down some fertilizer last evening with the nice watering we got this morning other than that just another crappy day at the office.  Stopped by and chatted with the fella i bred the pooch to his and by the sounds they are still craps just bigger ( must come from the female side)  lol but the ones that hunt will be in the fields this year. Grabbed another ice cream pail of beans and maters from the garden, the beans we've freezing like the maters but soft boiling em first. Gottta get taco's ready.. See ya!!
« Last Edit: August 08/31/20, 04:10:05 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, on the move early again today. It looks like a repeat weather wise of yday here as it's 52* now & 72* will be the high. Goin to be a busy day today as it's our last 1 in the house & we still have a few things to do. We'll be boxing up the pc later as that's goin north with us so I'll be out of touch for a few days. Plans are for a late Thursday/early Friday departure. Tomorrow & Thursday we'll be packing the U Haul. That's all for now, talk to you from north of the stress zone next time. have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Drive safe Gunner! 45 here this morning heading for 72 it says. We only made it to 65 yesterday. The wife complained, but I liked it. First time I wasn't sweating my behind off doing bear baits. Had 4 of the 6 cleaned up again. Wednesday will tell me what we have left after being gone for 5 days. Hoping that some stick around so we can hunt this weekend. Otherwise just another salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 53 here going for 73..  got 63 in the house..  feels good too!!  got a few things done and even managed to do a couple errands on the bike, excellent day for a ride!  looks like a good day today too..  got a few things to do but other than that an easy day I think..  have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  69 in the house this morning.  Fall is coming.  Good to hear you are about done with that project Gunner.  JB it sounds like you have a good chance of having action on your baits when you hunt.  I decided that I need to take the carb apart on the 8 hp and give it a good clean job.  Mowing is pretty high on the list too.  You all have a nice day. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......its finish packing day and heading north later, maiden voyage with the new to me truck!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: decided i will cut the lawn first or will probably need a farmer to come and bail it when i get back monday!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WTH is next, the dnr might hafta hire that worm wrangler guy to control the spread!! Afternoon peoples, good thing I dumped down some fertilizer last evening with the nice watering we got this morning other than that just another crappy day at the office.  Stopped by and chatted with the fella i bred the pooch to his and by the sounds they are still craps just bigger ( must come from the female side)  lol but the ones that hunt will be in the fields this year. Grabbed another ice cream pail of beans and maters from the garden, the beans we've freezing like the maters but soft boiling em first. Gottta get taco's ready.. See ya!!
boober.........i dont think that worm wrangler gotz fast enough reflexes to catch them!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

they had a pirce about them on the #4 news last nite?? :scratch: thye claim there no go for bait because they break apart, but when the person picked one up it didnt seem to???????

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  started filling kindling totes for the cold weather months this afternoon,  I'll never learn tho to leave the pooches inside, snap a stick throw a ball and repeat,  can't get much done that way. Anywho, not sure if we'll head otta town this weekend or not, tge lake is still plenty busy but its amazing how the traffic drops off after labor day, still some great weekends to be had yet I think. Time to grab a cold one and light some charcoal...see ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  started filling kindling totes for the cold weather months this afternoon,  I'll never learn tho to leave the pooches inside, snap a stick throw a ball and repeat,  can't get much done that way. Anywho, not sure if we'll head otta town this weekend or not, tge lake is still plenty busy but its amazing how the traffic drops off after labor day, still some great weekends to be had yet I think. Time to grab a cold one and light some charcoal...see ya!!

see that here every year!!  labor day and done...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to like to go stay somewhere on or right after Labor Day weekend.  Kids are back in school and things got quieter in the places we liked.  This year we will camp in our own woods in our camper and grill great food.  Easy as can be. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
used to go to Itasca State park the end of Sept..  generally all to our self's!!  it was great!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We took a drive through there last summer.  It was so packed I couldn't believe it.  Had no interest in camping there when it was that busy. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yes in the summer that place is packed but in a month it will not be LPS..  52 here going for mid 70's..  heading to Alex this morning to get supplies for the week..  I did get a few things done yesterday and have more today..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here heading for 69 today. Sounds like some rain this evening and tonight. So I may get wet running baits tonight. Lps, You should try doing a little camping down in Beltrami, Pretty peaceful down there. Just go find an old landing and clean up the brush. That is what we did and most people do. You already have the generator. Otherwise just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We did take a couple of drives down there a while back JB.  There were some spots that looked inviting.  Next summer we will actually camp there.  It is 46 here at the moment.  The furnace is set at 70 but hasn't kicked in yet.  We would freeze in Mikes house. LOL   We are going to camp in our woods again this weekend.  I see it is going to get down to 38 one night this weekend.  Yikes.  Have a good day all of you.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
64 in the house this morning... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ouch  LOL  I figured that. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Shut the AC off a few days back. Haven't started opening the windows at nite but with Mrs. Cheviot gone for a couple days here that could change. Much easier to shoot at stuff that way! :evil: Same ol' same ol' otherwise. Yield checks indicate corn should be pretty tremendous. Huge ears, what we refer to as donkey dicks. Soybeans also look promising. Very little in the way of stress to stand in their way this past month with plenty of heat and nearly 7" of rain. Better get back at it. Might have a nap to take after lunch.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember picking regular field corn and when it was just at the right time it was as good as sweet corn and had such large kernels.  Are we at that time Dotch?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We're well past the "roasting ear" stage here Barry. In fact I found a few fields today that were nearly mature meaning that after they dry for a couple weeks, guys may go after them with their combines. Right now the aphids (mainly bird cherry oat aphids & English grain aphids) are thick in the corn so when you come out of the field they're crawling all over you. Plus you're sticky from all the honeydew they exude. Ish! One other thing of note is the large number of beneficial insects, in particular the multi-colored Asian ladybeetle larvae. Wondering if this will translate into large numbers of unwanted winter house guests.  :scratch:   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here this morning heading for 59. Great to hear Dotch, love those Asian beetles in the house. :crazy:Well we still have some nice bears coming in to hunt this weekend. Also found a business card from the local CO to call him. Guess I never knew that BLM lands inside a WMA we are to follow the same rules as the WMA and I never knew a person can't use trail cams on a WMA. At least he is a nice CO. He just told to get things corrected as soon as we can. Otherwise just another day in bearadise. Have good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all .. interesting Jb!!  man is the wind howling this morning!!  55 going for 65 today..  got a few things to do today so I'll just plug along with them..  have a good day all!!