Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900666 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I didn't know you couldn't use cams there neither.  We had a weather warning late last night about bad weather coming.  I slept through it.  We have a hair under an inch of rain I see.  I see we won't have any 30's at night until next week.  Good as I am in no hurry for it to get too cold.  Have to go to town to ship a package today and the see what else I can do.  You all have a good one.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Windy here overnite & so far today. Thought about cutting hay but after seeing the forecast it passed. Rain Saturday nite and more Monday nite into next week. The only good thing is if it stays cloudy it probably won't freeze. Still some later maturing soybeans out here that would be pretty vulnerable if it pulled that stunt.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we're at the lake. We had a change of plans & hit the road @ 12:30 last night, rolled down the drive here shortly before 8. Can sure tell glenn's in the neighborhood  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: as it's in the low 50's NW wind 15-25 & rain. :pouty: We backed the U Haul in the garage so we can start to unload it later so we can take it back to DR tomorrow.  Think it's time to chill out for a bit, maybe even a nap. Later!!
« Last Edit: September 09/03/20, 09:12:08 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
   Spent the night in Hubbard Co last after I got the grass cut. Plenty of thunder but not much for rain. At home, truck is unloaded and the fifth wheel plate for tomorrow to head to campground. Time for a snack and short nap. Later...

:happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
   Spent the night in Hubbard Co last after I got the grass cut. Plenty of thunder but not much for rain. At home, truck is unloaded and the fifth wheel plate for tomorrow to head to campground. Time for a snack and short nap. Later...

:happy1: :happy1:

sounds like ya the retirement thing under control!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
All this mention of naps...suddenly feeling drowsy meself... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too.  Just got done with lunch.  I try to eat a tomato with every meal just to use them up.  Nap time soon here too.   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmm. A nap would be good. But I am at work.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just pull your mask up over your eyes and see if anyone notices.  LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 here but going for 71 they say...  I did get some things done yesterday including the mowing..  the grass will slowing down now with cooler weather coming in..  got a few other things to do today and then the weekend starts I guess..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 here this morning heading for 69. Looking like a nice day today. My buddy Dave is on the way up and bear hunting we will go this evening. Going to leave work at noon so we can go take the trail cams down that need to come down and switch the hang on stand to a ladder stand because we can't have screw in steps in a WMA. Need to get that all done before we hunt. I want to keep the CO happy, since he was nice enough to give us the time to get it down. Well just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good luck on your hunt JB.  Gonna be in the 70's on the weekend.  Cool at night so should be a nice weekend.  We will camp in our woods again.  Man that is convenient.  I did fill the propane tanks so we will have heat this time.  LOL  I am making Auto Jiggers as the season is getting near.  Want to be on top of things..  I am waiting for Menards to email me telling me the tin is in for my Shelterlogic structure that the canvas wore out on it.  Will make a nice shed.  Will keep the boat in it this winter.  I see we have one of those small nuthatches with the orange belly on our feeder along with a regular nuthatch.  Well have a good one on this nice day. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck Jb!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Need to go to town to pick up ten bags of pellets for the grill from a co-worker (former) and then finish up loading up the camper for the weekend. Probaly head to camp ground about 1:00 or so. Burgers tonight, chops tomorrow and NY strips on Sunday night. Have a great day, I thinks I will. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  I forgot to mention...... During HH last night on the patio I grabbed a couple of carrots and small onions from the raised garden. My question is;
           Why do they taste better with some dirt on them? Inquiring minds want to know.  :scratch:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So true but I can't answer your question.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  Need to go to town to pick up ten bags of pellets for the grill from a co-worker (former) and then finish up loading up the camper for the weekend. Probaly head to camp ground about 1:00 or so. Burgers tonight, chops tomorrow and NY strips on Sunday night. Have a great day, I thinks I will. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:

that guy live by Lake Geneva?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  I forgot to mention...... During HH last night on the patio I grabbed a couple of carrots and small onions from the raised garden. My question is;
           Why do they taste better with some dirt on them? Inquiring minds want to know.  :scratch:

markn: you have a deficiency and need to eat more dirt or get a mineral block...  :Deer:

Mornin' gang! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's with lotsa sun. More yield checks on tap but we're making progress. Should be about halfway thru after today. PITA but provide farmers with an idea of what they may harvest. Also get a look at the plant health so if there are fields, especially corn, that are having stalk quality/standability issues, they can move that one up on the harvest schedule so they aren't picking it up off the ground. Looks like a car cruise to Elmer's Museum in Fountain City WI for Labor Day. May have to lock the OD on the Stude out in the hill country. It'll freewheel & go really fast otherwise... :huh:
« Last Edit: September 09/04/20, 10:57:27 AM by Dotch »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 mike he's close to Garfeild. I'll have to work on that mineral deficiency dotch, makes sense. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mike he's close to Garfeild. I'll have to work on that mineral deficiency dotch, makes sense. :happy1: :happy1:

what brand of smoker do you have??

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That does sound fun lps, anything pops up head for the house  :happy1: . Afternoon peoples, clocked out at 12:30 today ( still had a little OT yet) came home ran the pooches then swabbed out the fireplace chimney.  Picked a bunch otta the garden, 3 big butternut squash,  3 zookini,  ice cream pail of beans and tomatoes, really looking forward to some homemade soup this fall.  Well don't tell snow but the twins are on, didnt see any kneeling tho...See ya!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Cheese and rice boober! I wish you'd a let me know the Twins were on sooner. I'd a ditched those last 4 yield checks and parked my arse in front of the tube!   :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 now going for 76 they say...  a good day yesterday and even got a few things done!!  got a few things to do this morning but nothing major..  just a few things to get ready for the weekend..  have a good day all!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  pooches are walked and fed. Thought it was early goose opener today, havnt heard one shot this away. Gotta fire up the smoker soon 2 small briskets going in, should only take about 6 hours then head to menardos for a few things. Real good chance of a Glenn special tonight,   :campfire: and some  :drinking: .. :happy1: :rotflmao: .See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 49* last I looked & we 'sposed to hit 70* for the high. Was out  :fishing: before the sun came up & got 2(Crappies) for the box, 1 Sunny & 1 Crappie last night too. :happy1: Had a busy day yday as we were in DR by ~8:30 to take the U Haul back, a quick stop for a few groceries & a few minnows too. Worked on the stuff we brought up a bit until it dried enough to mow, it was lunch time then, Twins time after that, kinda weird the new doubleheader/extra inning rules but it keeps it interesting. Didn't think :scratch: they were gonna get the last game but they did. :cool: It looks like I have a couple projects down at the lake in store for me as both the lift & the dock need some TLC. All for now, hope your Saturday's a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Potential for heavy weather tonite so will need to get as many tomatoes picked as possible. The vines have been beautiful but they're top heavy with all the fruit on them. Mowing is on tap as well. Our old neighbors who moved to town just stopped out to drop off some potatoes, golden cherry tomatoes & homemade caramels. I reciprocated with some Honeycrisp apples & cucumbers. Ate some groundfall Honeycrisp's the other night & oh my they were good. Sheep enjoy them too!  :happy1:

Sure is nice & peaceful around here. No squeaking noises either...  :confused: :rotflmao:     
« Last Edit: September 09/05/20, 10:14:57 AM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Potential for heavy weather tonite so will need to get as many tomatoes picked as possible. The vines have been beautiful but they're top heavy with all the fruit on them. Mowing is on tap as well. Our old neighbors who moved to town just stopped out to drop off some potatoes, golden cherry tomatoes & homemade caramels. I reciprocated with some Honeycrisp apples & cucumbers. Ate some groundfall Honeycrisp's the other night & oh my they were good. Sheep enjoy them too!  :happy1:

Sure is nice & peaceful around here. No squeaking noises either...  :confused: :rotflmao:   

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!! a good day yesterday, almost got every thing done I wanted too!!  looks all the rain is going south of us, hope it's not a gully washer for anyone..  going to make breakfast burritos this morning so better get cooking!!!  have a good day all!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here this morning and not to windy yet. Supposed to get pretty windy today I guess. Was a beautiful day yesterday to be sitting in the stand waiting for Yogi. My buddy Dave shot his first bear Friday evening. He had a whole half hour sit. Classic 2 in 1 out. Worked like a charm. I seen nothing Friday. Sat at a different spot yesterday and had a nice beR come in about 7pm. I was at full draw on him and was waiting for him to move his right leg forward. Be finally did and started to turn to his left and I may the arrow fly. Watched it bounce off a tree and go flying to outer space. Bear runs away. 5 after 7 so I hung my bow up and sat back down. 15 minutes later I can here sticks breaking again. About 10 minutes later I see him about 40 yards away. Then he travels the same route he took before. Here he comes. Just pops his head out from the pines and stops and sniff around. What breeze there was has been in my face all evening long. Then I happened to feel the breeze switch and blow right at him. He makes a huff and turns and runs away. That was my excitement for last night. Guess I should have had the gun. Oh well. See what happens tonight. That bear will probably be nocturnal now for a few days. Now I wish we could have a trail camera there. Just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
glsd for your buddy Jb!!  hope ya get yours too!!   :happy1: