Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902200 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. 1.21" of rain in the overnight at the ranch. According to the wife it stormed. Coulda fooled me. Ya gotta remember I'm the same guy who about 10 years ago slept through a couple 40' - 50' trees blowing down in the yard & in the road. Plus another big spruce tree snapping off & sticking through the side of the house 15' from where I was sleeping. Never heard any of it. Didn't see it until I got up to pee. :scratch: Ground fall apples and pears were about the extent of it this a.m. :coffee: Congrats to your buddy & good luck JB! Hopefully the bear will come back and make your day.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/06/20, 12:16:21 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 60* now & goin for around 70* again. Went out  :fishing: last night & again this morning, got 1 :fish2: each time but I'm in C & R mode already. :happy1: :cool: Got enough for a meal in the box & that's enough for now. Did manage to get the dock & lift adjusted yday am, so good there for now too. Sure were a lot of boats out last night but I'm sure it's goin to get quite a bit quieter around here unlike MNO. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: 'Bout time for our Sunday paper run over to the Bowstring Store, need some mower/boat gas too. That's it from this neck of the woods, have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, had a good day yesterday..  we had smoked stuffed mushrooms ans smoked bacon wrapped meatballs to snack on as the day rolled along!!!  good eats!!!  sure was lots of fire works over the weekend too!!  sure cool this morning 45 to start and only hitting 55 today!!  got a few things done already today so I have a good start to the day!!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 here going for 52 today. Sure got windy yesterday afternoon. Really got windy when I was sitting on the stand and I could feel the temp dropping. Could have used on more later on my upper body as I was getting chilly by the end of the hunt last night. Well, I feel I solved the mystery of the crazy arrow bouncing off the tree. The skeeter head net I was wearing actually folded and blocked my right eye so I was looking at the sights thru my left eye. I did some practice shots with the head net on yesterday and it did that to me a few times. Should have practiced with that on before I guess. No bear showed up last night. Had a feeling he wouldn't with as windy as it was. I will give it a break until next weekend now. Hopefully I can get him back into his routine of coming back in during daylight. Otherwise just another day in bearadise. Have a good Labor Day boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 47* early & goin for 53* for the high. Too much wind here yday for anymore boat time, lookin to be the same today. :pouty: Got some clothes on the line already & another small project lined up for today. We still have some of the stuff we brought up sittin in totes in the garage as well, so I can always putz with that. Not much else here, hopin your Labor Day's a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Rain moving in later in the day. Cruise to Fountain WI on tap today. Will be heading out momentarily. That should pretty well shoot the day in the @$$. Good thing I got as much done the past couple days as I did. Plenty more where that came from. Ta ta!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice story.  Lots of hunts end this way.  Cool to be there anyway.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  nice cool weather. The oldest shot us a text while we were walking the pooches earlier and he had a coyote stalking him and his pooch, thing didn't wanna leave so they turned at went straight at him and it finally left. Anyhow 24 yrs ago today the Mrs and I tied the knot, probably grab some grub later but other than that maybe can some more pepper jelly...See ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I read back and looks like everyone is enjoying this fall like weather.  Congrats on your buddies bear JB.  Yours will show up.  Man did it get windy last night.  Was fun in the camper.  Kept looking out at the tall pines by the camper and all was ok.  Had a small boxelder fall but not on us so will turn it into campfire wood.  Still windy out and 49 degrees.  We did our cooking outside and same with coffee it was perfect weather Sat and Sun.  Did an experiment with the Honda genny.  Night number one I filled it with gas at 7 pm.  We used the 1500 watt electric heater all night.  The gen was on Economy mode.  It kicks in high when the heater comes on.  It ran out of gas about 4 am.  Then the furnace ran on battery till morning.  Last night we filled it at 7 pm and ran the furnace in the camper instead of the elec heater.  It ran till 9 am.  14 hours.  SO the furnace heats it up faster so the Honda spends a lot more time in idle mode.  The elec heater runs for a long time and that means the Honda is in power mode for many hours.  Huge difference.  Now we know.  We are in the house now taking it easy.  Youse all have a good day. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to ya all Bobber!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Potential for heavy weather tonite so will need to get as many tomatoes picked as possible. The vines have been beautiful but they're top heavy with all the fruit on them. Mowing is on tap as well. Our old neighbors who moved to town just stopped out to drop off some potatoes, golden cherry tomatoes & homemade caramels. I reciprocated with some Honeycrisp apples & cucumbers. Ate some groundfall Honeycrisp's the other night & oh my they were good. Sheep enjoy them too!  :happy1:

Sure is nice & peaceful around here. No squeaking noises either...  :confused: :rotflmao:   
yea well there bubba its back!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :mooning: :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats boober!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats boober! If you have to take one for the team the rest of us understand... :surrender:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, rollin early again today as we're headed for GR. We had 41*~5:30, 51* is 'sposed to be the high. A little too windy & cold for any boat time for me yday. Did see a couple from the resort go out, 1 early, they didn't stay out very long though. Found plenty to keep busy all mornin anyway, some Twins in the afternoon. 'Bout it today, have a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 41 this morning going for 53 they say   65 in the house LPS..  got the house cleaned up after the weekend, along with all the other cleaning..  got a some things to do today but nothing pressing.. have a good day all!!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had 43 at the house this morning and 32 coming across to Warroad. Lots of frosty roofs. Thankfully the lake keeps us warmer so my tomato plants don't take a hit. There are lots of green maters on the plants. Some are just starting to turn. Just went and fed the bears yesterday afternoon. Try and get them back on schedule for this coming weekend and hope I can get another opportunity at one. Barry I built an extended run gas tank for our genny out of a gas can. Works great. Otherwise just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  JB I wondered if anyone had done a tank extension.  Show us a picture someday if you get time.  It is raining here right now.  Looks like some showers may pass through today.  They are going to show up and hook my well up to my water line so I hope it doesn't rain too much.  Will be good to have that done.  Tomorrow the electrician is supposed to show up to permanently hook my septic system electrical so I can put the extension cord away.  Will be good to have all of that done too.  Good feeling heading into cold weather season.  They could be here anytime.  They were not sure if I would be the first hookup or the second one for them today.  Good luck with bear hunting all of you!  Mike I hope you have a sweater on....   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........... back at the office........17 calender days, 8 1/2  actual work days left. ok before you clowns jump all over that last statistic........8 1/2 days to got to the office days!!!!!! :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :moon: :doah:

the new to me truck ran flawless up and back from the cabin!!!!!! :happy1: gotta figure out the trailer light hookup though....... :bs: :surrender: :doah: GAWD thats a pain in the  :moon:

well.....need to get caught up with stuff and mayhaps start a little trouble!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........... back at the office........17 calender days, 8 1/2  actual work days left. ok before you clowns jump all over that last statistic........8 1/2 days to got to the office days!!!!!! :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :moon: :doah:

the new to me truck ran flawless up and back from the cabin!!!!!! :happy1: gotta figure out the trailer light hookup though....... :bs: :surrender: :doah: GAWD thats a pain in the  :moon:

well.....need to get caught up with stuff and mayhaps start a little trouble!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

sounds like things are all normal for ya then...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What color is your truck Glenn.  Have the neighbor kid send a pic.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL. Good one Barry! Here is a pic of my genny setup.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice JB.  How does it draw from the tank?  Do they have a fuel pump?

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Back from the campground yesterday, cleaned out camper and found some great snacks I didn't know were in there. Furnace ran great except for the fact someone left one of the roof vents open.....ya it was me. Got to call the heating company I bought me new furnace from and have them stop by and make sure the gas/air mixture is good and the furnace is ready for the upcoming heating season. Then time to start on cleaning garage #one. Have a great day everyone.   :happy1: :happy1:

Mike, to answer your question from Friday it's a 710 Pit Boss. I'm having a ball with it, and 90 pounds of fresh pellets to play with. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the pit boss is a darn unit too!!!  going to get some pellets soon too...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What color is your truck Glenn.  Have the neighbor kid send a pic.
gray with a white topper!!!!!!!

yea youz guyz are hilarious!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i could send it via email........i do have that fingered out!!!!!! :smoking:
« Last Edit: September 09/08/20, 09:56:22 AM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL. Good one Barry! Here is a pic of my genny setup.

im pretty sure thats OSHA approved to!!!!!!!!!!  :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 47 at choretime with temps remaining steady then heading for a low in the mid-40's. Survived another cruise yesterday. At least I lived to tell about it. A rainy Tuesday after a Monday holiday so everyone and their dog has been in here. They have nothing to do therefore neither do I. :rolleyes: Another anniversary today. 36 years with the same woman. Like I keep telling her, she's lucky to have me! Should have some time to get her something nice. Maybe another tractor!  :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice JB.  How does it draw from the tank?  Do they have a fuel pump?
The genny has a fuel pump on it. Just need to make sure the tank on the genny is full and it will draw the the extra tank. Bought the genny cap off of Amazon for 7-8 bucks. Then got the fittings at the hardware store. OSHA SMOSHA GLenn.  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to you both Dotch!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 47 at choretime with temps remaining steady then heading for a low in the mid-40's. Survived another cruise yesterday. At least I lived to tell about it. A rainy Tuesday after a Monday holiday so everyone and their dog has been in here. They have nothing to do therefore neither do I. :rolleyes: Another anniversary today. 36 years with the same woman. Like I keep telling her, she's lucky to have me! Should have some time to get her something nice. Maybe another tractor!  :happy1:
congrats................bud..............yes in the post i will refrain from mischief!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hope ya have many more. :happy1: :happy1: