Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902360 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers............well this will be the last morning greeting as an actively employed member of the work force.  :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

moving forward to the life of leisure !!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: should be around till shortly after lunch.....having a pizza party, of course on the union dime!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  So you can tell your boss off and not get in trouble around noon Glenn.   :rotflmao:  It is a rainy, windy, 54 here this morning.  No real amounts of rain but it is wet outside.  The leaves are really falling now.  I got to try the Gyro at Arbys yesterday.  Pretty darn good.  Got my trolling motor so now have to take the boat out and get it on.  Maybe this weekend.  There is hardly any current in the river now so that usually means not as many fish are attracted to the river including the shiners.  I hope it picks up some.   Just gonna take it easy today and see what the weather allows me to do.  So Mikey still has computer problems?  He needs to call a neighbor kid to get him back online.  See ya later.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  glenn have a great day today. Monday morning when you wake up you will think you have to go to work and then it will sink in you don't have to. By Tuesday morning that silly thought will no longer be there. Need to take a load of scrap steel and aluminin to Glenwood today and then to Sauk Center to pick up a storage bag for the side by side. Get ready to shoot a duck tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Just got done with my alien probing. They said I am a perfect a$$hole. Now the wife has confirmation.😁 Yes, a little rain on the way to see the doc. We could use some rain like Barry said. The lake is down pretty good right now. The wife is grocery shopping right now while I sit here and wait. I am munching on some crackers. Then we will make are way home and get ready to go camping. Think I may have to sneak in a nap before hand. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Be down to my Speedos this afternoon the rate this is goin'.  :shocked: .16" of rain the past 24 hrs. at the ranch with .07" tallied in Bugtussle proper. Some combines rolled after lunch but other places it rained enough that the beans stayed too wet. Should be a good breeze today however so once the dew comes off it won't take long before they're back at it. Long day on tap for tomorrow. Heading to the home farm to move things out of the house so we can sell it. Also need to assess what kind of hp I'll need to bring in order to get a tandem disk, a gravity box and a '59 Studebaker Lark sans wheels.  :scratch:

I knew it all along JB! Glad you got a good report.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got some trees to cut down this fall. Thinking of hiring this guy...

https://twitter.com/fred035schultz/status/1309251176903462914 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I think the DNR color map needs updating again.  It shows 50% in Morrison county.  I just left the woods and I put it at 100% and it won't last long.  Massive amounts of leave falling today.  If you stand still you will get covered quickly.  Lots of the under brush have lost leaves.  You can actually see into the woods.  Raining leaves today.  Basswood and ash are getting bare.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This was today's image & sure it'll change tomorrow. Mid-80's here today w/wind gusts up to 40 mph. 80 again tomorrow so the soybeans are changing rapidly too. A gradual cooldown tho w/frost possible Thursday nite may keep some color down this way into next weekend.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 57* early & 70* is 'sposed to be the peak today. Was out :fishing: early again & got 1 crappie but 2 got off at the boat, a couple sunnies too but only kept 1. We went to town yday  & ran into a little rain comin home, ended up with only ~ .1". Some thunder & lightning with that too, could be more precip in store for us late this afternoon or early evening the way it looks. Sounded like there's a lot of duck hunters around us early too. That all for now, hopin your Saturday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Camped again this weekend.  Could be getting some rain here soon.  Leaves are really falling now.  Basswoods are naked now.  Ash too. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 52* early & we might :scratch: make 56*. Went out :fishing: & they were bitin, must've known the weather was gonna change. With the wind & temps fcasted the next few days our trees will be bare soon too, LPS. Did some mulchin & a little mowing yday PM. 'Bout it today, have a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Got a lot of stuff moved out of Mom's house yesterday then stayed up way too late playing cribbage & BS-ing with my brother. Sad day too. Neighbor passed away yesterday so was out gathering some ears of corn and soybean stalks out of his fields for his casket spray. He was a tough old bird. Milked cows most of his life & worked his @$$ off. Another case where the guy just plain wore out.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
after noon all, finally got my puter up and running...  lost all my web site bookmarks..  but all good other wise I guess..  lots of color yet to come all around up here..  but there are places with lots of color too...  hit and miss...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to see ya.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta boy Mike!! Now just stay off the naughty sites  :sleazy:  Not even oct yet and some maples around here are shedding leaves where the ash trees are still green  :confused: usually opposite.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea but I lost all my book marks...  it will take time to rebuild...  had one for the daily corona totals here in  Minn and can't remember that one...  oh well!!!  it's all good!!  just glad to be back!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 and a little rain here. Heading for a high of 50 today. Spent the weekend camping down in the forest. Rode 4 wheelers Saturday. Had fun. Watch a camp fire and drank some beer too. Could be the last use of the camper for the year.  Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, it's 48*, wet & windy here starting out. No boat time today :pouty:, got a few other things lined up though. Not much new here today, hopin your Monday's a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good to be on here again!!  hope all are well...  all good here..  Del that's a good one but not the one one I had..  did get a few things done yesterday besides getting the computer back and up and running again..  got 47 here this morning, but 65 in the house..  got a few things on the agenda today so have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. .04" of rain the past 24 hrs. at the ranch & .07" in Bugtussle. Damp-ish morning so not much happening in the fields just yet. Looks like rain coming back in after lunch so probably not much going to happen today. That's not the same website I was looking at earlier on either mikey. The one I recall had a daily breakdown by county of cases & cumulative deaths per county. I sorta gave up on it after the situation got more and more political then couldn't find it again.  :confused: 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea that sounds like the one I was looking at too..  and I agree with ya... 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

The link I posted has the county information if you go down a ways.      z

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

The link I posted has the county information if you go down a ways.      z

yes but it's not the one that showed the whole state...  and each number..

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a visitor today after lunch, glenn dropped by :happy1: :cool:, it was his 1st day of being retired. We  :bs: ed 'bout an hour as it was too nasty for much outside here today. He was hopin to go back & shoot his  :deer: gun a bit before HH. I don't think :scratch: we even talked bad about any of you guys. :doah:                          ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 09/28/20, 06:48:46 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee, you guys must have been feeling ill if you didn't talk any smack about us.  ;) Morning boys, 46 and a little rainy here this AM heading for around 50 again today. Not much else. Just another day in Paradise. Hope Glenn is liking his 1st week of R&R. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another cool morning out there..  saying 62 today, that would be great!!  nothing on the agenda today, at least anything big..  I do have to get some propane tanks filled before long..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The big thing on my list is to get my flu shot today.  When I called yesterday they said they have a stronger version for cool guys over 65.  LOL  Then I am going to start getting the camper ready for winter storage.  Feels good to have it parked inside for the winter.  We just started doing that last year.  I got tired of looking out the window seeing the snow getting deeper on the roof.  We still have some maples with green leaves on them.  Most of the other trees have turned yellow or even lost their leaves.  Well Glenn stay out of trouble. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  My brother and I are headed to deercamp for an over-nighter today and a little work on a couple of stands. Going to set up a ground blind too and then see if we can find a grouse or two. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:

mm