Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903032 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS, Tried to get a flu shot yesterday and no place had the senior dose.  We will keep calling to find out where to get it.  Maybe I will have to take a road trip to see you and get a shot.  :rotflmao:

markn, It's always a great time checking out stands.  Sometimes I just sit in them and imagine seeing the turdy pointer coming to me.  I usually have the chain saw, pole nipper and pole saw, tub with nails, etc, pieces of carpet and other odd things with me when I go to the stands.  I use to put burlap (still do on some) on the permanent stands and remove it after the gun season.  This became too much work as the number of stands increased.  We found that used carpet works just great and lasts a long time.  If you leave burlap on you can get three seasons before it's toast.  Have a good time on your over-nighter. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 45 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. .12" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. with .10" falling in Bugtussle. Too damp for beans so people are waiting until the breeze & sun dries things off for tomorrow. A few are switching over & picking some corn but that'll be short lived once the beans get dry enough to go again. A visitation to attend tonite and a graveside service tomorrow so that'll take some time. Get a few things done at home then back to cleaning out Mom's house. Fun never stops. Have been entertained by these little guys in the photo. Amazing how gray tree frogs can climb straight up the sides of buildings and on windows with their little suction cup toes. Some make it into our basement & can be heard periodically throughout the winter.

https://www.pca.state.mn.us/frogs-minnesota

« Last Edit: September 09/29/20, 11:50:47 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 49 here this AM with a little rain overnight,  .04". Supposed to rain some more throughout the day today. When we lived in Becker we used to have the tree frogs climbing on the house like that too. Don't seem to see them up here. That was an interesting wrestling match last night. Had me chuckling more than once. Poor Mr. Wallace, he would have been better off to just say go and sit back and watch. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 here going for 54..  slight chance for rain too..  yes the tree frogs are around here too, where they show up can be surprising too!!  going to get some supplies this morning and that's about it over all for me..  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed,tree frogs are cool little critters,I've got these small one's at my place about half the size of what dotch has in his pic,last summer little guy found his way into my shower,latched on to my leg when I  stepped in,guessing the water was to cold,he was hanging on the shower curtain.

these are my visitors...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I didn't realize we were going to have any rain today until I saw your comment JB so I looked and we do have a big chance of rain today.  I have some stuff I want to get done before that so a quick bowl of cereal and off I go. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 47* & lots of wind when I looked the 1st time, they're sayin 52* will be the high. Some rain overnight again here, 3rd night in a row, ~ .25" this time. Kept pretty busy yday 'til the Twins started &  it was HH after that was over. :pouty: Back to normal here today as our company is headed back home, a friend is meeting them in Duluth this time though. That's all for now, have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Some sprinkles yesterday at the ranch amounting to a trace of rain and a whole .01" in Bugtussle. Have a graveside service to attend later this a.m. for a neighbor. Since it's immediate family and close friends by invitation only I considered it an honor. Jack was a veteran & drove a Cadillac in JFK's inaugural parade as part of his duties when he was stationed in VA. As I work my way into retirement, I'll probably continue to help his sons on their farming operation. We get along well and sometimes they need a little spark like what their Dad used to provide.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn good of you Dotch,family and friends= strong bond.Sad to see our friends pass as we age,things you don't think about when you're young and bullet proof.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good for you Dotch!!  scored some spare ribs for $1.58 today...  thinking they will great smoked!!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a heck of a deal Mike. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 41 here this morning and a little drizzle. Heard the possibility of a snow flake or 2 in the forecast for today. :pouty: Not ready for that yet. Sounds like 60ish again next week. Spare ribs sound like a heck of a deal Mike. What time should we be there for chow?  ;) Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I'll let ya know when I smoke them Jb!! 45 here and it's only going up to maybe 47 they say..  real heat wave!!  windy too..  coffee is tasting good this morning..  yea I see the 60's are supposed to roll back next week too.  have a good day all!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 40* early goin for 42*, damp & windy too. Startin to see some blue sky though so the overnight fcast of mid to upper 20's seems possible. That should bring down some leaves. A couple small things on my list for this am, nothin pressing. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The deck is wet but the sun is shining now.  Looks nice but it is only 37 out right now.  The camper is all hooked up and ready to store once the winterizing kit shows up today.  Good feeling.  Gonna take the pontoon out this weekend too.  Haven't hardly used it since we got the new boat.  May even sell it.  Gonna hit the grocery store for some supplies this morning.  May do some putzing around getting things ready for winter.  Never been this on top of the situation before.  I usually wait for the last minute.  Feeling good about it too.  I need to think about what to make for supper before I go shopping.  Mayhaps Glenn's fave.  You know Tater Tot Hotdish.   :happy1: Well have a great day all of you.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Tater tot hotdish sounds good. Have not had that for awile.  :hubba:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that has to be about the best hotdish in my book!!!  love it!!  I have used the the smaller rounds potatoes too, all good!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Tater tot hotdish with a side of cottage cheese! Can't beat it!  :happy1:

Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. .03" of rain at the ranch & .03" in Bugtussle as well. Kinda breezy, drizzly & damp. Supposed to stay cloudy too so very little apt to happen in the way of combining beans. Next week is supposed to be nice again so these guys just need to be a little patient. It's Oct. 1 not Nov. 1 like it was last year. Got a few more bales of hay to stack yet & I'm done with that project. Hiking them all the way up the stack & stuffing them in just under the roof takes a lot out of an old fart like me.   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed this cooler weather has my mind thinking "hot dish",chili and tonight beef storgenoff...with a pile of fresh mushrooms.

smoked a couple pork steaks the other night over apple wood/coals and a pot of brown sugar beans in the smoker as well,steaks were #1,I ate one that night and my pup got the other,midnight munchies I suspect,good thing I put the left over beans in the fridge,little crap....my fault tho,can't ever let your guard down when you have a nosey golden retiever in the house,its a constant mooch fest. love it tho,wouldn't have it any other way.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Well we started on setting up a new stand site for my brother. After we found a ground nest of wasps and both got stung (he has had a reaction in the past) we headed back to the schoolhouse and watched the twins for the first six innings on Tuesday in case we needed to head to town in a hurry. We hopped into the side by side and went for a drive. Didn't find any grouse, but had fun looking at the scenery. Plans are to head up again for the next three weekends hopefully it freezes and them damn bees are asleep. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice pic's Markn!!!  glad yer brother is ok too!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
X3 on the pictures.

Oh and you guys and your tater tot hot dish babble.  :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: might as well add panko in there too!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: moore like taylor slop. :rotflmao: :surrender: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy Friday. 33 this morning heading for mid 40s today. Seemed a little white as we got closer to Warroad this morning. They got a little snow. That time of year I guess. Going to head down to the forest after work and get my stuff from the last bear bait. I put the full barrels the so the bears could clean them out for me. Other than that, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here this morning going for 46 maybe..  this will slow down some bugs!!  not a whole lot going on today but I do have some stuff I can get done..  have a good day all!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like 35 here at the moment.  Pretty calm too.  Had a lot of windy days here this summer.  Need to make a run to town today.  Pay some bills and get a watch battery.  All down hill after that.  LOL  Have a great weekend and stay away from you know who.  He's drinking bleach as we speak. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got down to 30 here. Going to wait a bit to uncover things.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 34* is the lowest I seen here, headed for 43* I'm hearin. TWC(Bemidji) was reporting 23* over there ~ sunrise but it was cloudy here & the bay is still close to 60* for surface temps. 1st dry calm mornin here in nearly a week so I may  :scratch: jump in the boat for a bit this AM, if I can find the time. ;) There 5-6 boats out in the bay all day yday so I better be careful though :rolleyes: as I don't want to show 'em any of my tricks. :laugh: 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Got down to 30 here. Going to wait a bit to uncover things.

Wow, 39 on my outdoor therm.  this morning.     Must have gotten colder over on the prairie.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
X3 on the pictures.

Oh and you guys and your tater tot hot dish babble.  :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: might as well add panko in there too!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: moore like taylor slop. :rotflmao: :surrender: :evil:
  :tut: :huh: :rolleyes: & here I thought :scratch: everybody was being too nice to the newly retired guy while he was gone. :doah:                                 ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/02/20, 08:33:28 AM by Gunner55 »