Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901928 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Let me know when you come and mayhaps we can rendezvous with JB.  I just looked at the forecast cuz a buddy warned me of what is coming.  30's for the highs and 20's for the lows.  I hate to but I may pull the boat and pontoon this weekend and get the dock ready for winter.  Seems early cuz I have fished the river during deer season before.  I will see what the water temp is.  It may change too and be warmer.  LOL

Roger that LP,would be enjoyable to hookup,might swing by ships wheel to say hello to Doug as well,Doug told me to come back in mid febuary,and bring just one tip-up as the big pike would be moving in at the mouth,1 tip-up will keep a guy busy all day,never went back as snow goose hunting starts in febuary for me down missouri way.,sometimes AR  if squaw creek refuge is still locked up in NW missouri.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, we had 42* early & mid 50's for the high. We started on gettin the gear out of the lake right away today. The canopy is off the lift, dried, & put away. We had ideas of pulling the boat this afternoon too but the wind has made us reconsider. May yet, if the wind settles down before the sun goes down otherwise tomorrow's another day. May get wet waitin :scratch:, we'll see. That's all I've got.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, light rain this morning and 46 going for 58...  got the yard mowed last night and finished as the was setting..  lots of leaves are off the trees but still have many to go..  going down to Costco this morning, should be interesting and fun too I hope..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here this AM and heading for not much more. Raining here this morning too. Snow1, yes that was me that mentioned we went to River Bend for super Saturday. Good eats.  The bar restaurant was just rebuilt about 3 years ago because it had burned down. Like LPS said, not really a bad resort up here. I am not sure if they do the fish fry anymore. I think Morris Point does it now. Don't quote me on that. Friday for me today. Leaving work at 2:30 to go pick up the grandkids. Youth hunt starts tomorrow. Going to meet their mom in Akeley. Sad thing is I purchased my grandson's hunting license on line last Wednesday and still have not seen it. Usually doesn't take that long.  :confused: :angry2:May have to get a duplicate, not sure yet. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here this AM and heading for not much more. Raining here this morning too. Snow1, yes that was me that mentioned we went to River Bend for super Saturday. Good eats.  The bar restaurant was just rebuilt about 3 years ago because it had burned down. Like LPS said, not really a bad resort up here. I am not sure if they do the fish fry anymore. I think Morris Point does it now. Don't quote me on that. Friday for me today. Leaving work at 2:30 to go pick up the grandkids. Youth hunt starts tomorrow. Going to meet their mom in Akeley. Sad thing is I purchased my grandson's hunting license on line last Wednesday and still have not seen it. Usually doesn't take that long.  :confused: :angry2:May have to get a duplicate, not sure yet. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

thanx JB on the nod on River Bend resort.

not sure what to think about your youth tag,worth a call to DNR but you have proof of license purchase via on line,just transfer to you're phone incase you get checked,BUT what if young man scores? not tag...seems our mail delivery is super slow these days,suspect Trump is to blame... :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  See it rained a bit last night and this morning, so much for using the lawn vac on leaves today. Flu shot at 10:00 and a stop at the drug store are the hi-lights of the day. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

thanx JB on the nod on River Bend resort.

not sure what to think about your youth tag,worth a call to DNR but you have proof of license purchase via on line,just transfer to you're phone incase you get checked,BUT what if young man scores? not tag...seems our mail delivery is super slow these days,suspect Trump is to blame... :scratch:
That is what I am concerned about. Otherwise I have the reciept with the temp autorizatiom number.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Is this new orange color scheme in honor of Halloween, or permanent?
At the moment, it's permanent.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. A few sprinkles on the windshield & gusty winds, sometimes up to 35 mph. Heard something crash outside while I was in the $hitter so investigated afterwards. A 15' long limb that had been dangling in the ash tree broke free & crash landed on the patio. Wrecked one solar light, just glad it didn't hit the house. Not real jazzed about soil sampling today. Wind really tuckers a guy out. Some of it is down in the peat too so you get pretty grubby. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I slept in on this rainy day.  We have half inch so far and gonna rain till this afternoon it looks like.  Things were mushy yesterday after the quarter inch we got then so real sloppy today.  Hoping they postpone the camper storage program.  I think it would be a big mess in their buildings on a day like this. But I am ready if they ask me to show up.  Not much else going on in this weather so work on Rigs I guess.  Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 44* early too & it's not movin from that very far today. Had an early bfast & threw on my ice  :fishing: gear to take the boat out. Had it on the trailer & headed back here by 8:30. The boat ride over to the PA wasn't too bad but the rain/wind has picked up since we got home. The oil is changed & the lower unit is draining out in the garage now. May take a day or 2 now before we put it away for the season. Have a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the trip to Costco was a good one..  mostly looked things over but did get a pile of goodies..  think we will make that a once a month run from now on..   :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they are turning the old Gander building in Bemidji into an Aldi's.  Curious to check it out.  Never been to one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they are turning the old Gander building in Bemidji into an Aldi's.  Curious to check it out.  Never been to one.

I think you will like it!!!    ours is still closed for remodeling for 2 more weeks...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Is this new orange color scheme in honor of Halloween, or permanent?
At the moment, it's permanent.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 for a wake up call going to 45..  still 64 in the house..  yup furnace is on..  got a few things done yesterday and putz with some more today..  have a good day all!!  and don't let the wind blow ya away!!! 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNING! cold one at that,dragging my feet firering up my furnace,fireplace kept the house and my trusty golden retriever toasty until wake-up this morning.Finally put the humming bird feeders away last night,ugh,oldman winter is knocking at the door,still alot of leaves on the tree's yet,surprised after two days of strong wind.Daylight is getting shorter by the day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  25 here shooting for about 40.  I wish I would have put the boats away last week.  I say that every year.  Highs in the 30's from now on.  Will be working on it today though.  Mike if it was only 64 in our house we would think the furnace quit working.  LOL  It is a cozy 70 in our house.  I'm thinking it may even be time to get out my thin long underwear for the boat rides that are in my future.  Have a good one boys.
'

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the black text HD.  The orange text mixed in is nice too. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  25 here shooting for about 40.  I wish I would have put the boats away last week.  I say that every year.  Highs in the 30's from now on.  Will be working on it today though.  Mike if it was only 64 in our house we would think the furnace quit working.  LOL  It is a cozy 70 in our house.  I'm thinking it may even be time to get out my thin long underwear for the boat rides that are in my future.  Have a good one boys.
'

oh it will be turned up before too long, but for now it's plenty warm in here...   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 31* on my early trip out to the garage & it looks like we may hit 40* or so. Not goin to feel like that though as there's a 10mph NW wind predicted for most of the day. Got the outboard pretty much wrapped up yday & currently have 3 fans setting in the boat helping it dry. Looks like :scratch: today is going to be nicer than tomorrow :rolleyes: so we'll be spendin some of the day working on the dock. 'Bout it from this neck of the woods, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Letting the floor heat do its thing at home for right now. Only have it under the new addition but it bleeds plenty of heat into the rest of the house to keep it warm. Mrs. Cheviot made stuffed peppers & apple crisp last nite so that warmed the house up too. Not much for excitement otherwise. Another exciting day of soil sampling after bill paying and other such nonsense.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here and maybe some rain..  40 for the high..  got some white stuff falling now and even some on the ground, not much but it's there..  got several small things done yesterday, some planned and some just got done..  not much more going on so have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had a skiff of snow last night.  The deck and driveway are white.  More on the way tomorrow.  We got the boats out yesterday and all winterized.  Feels good to have that done.  Now need to turn the floating dock parallel to shore for the winter.  May do that today.  Got kind of a scratchy throat so drinking some Emergen-C that the wife bought.  Good stuff.  Elderberry flavored.   :happy1:  Seems fitting since Dotch informed us of our Elderberry abundance here on the ranch.  Gonna take it easy today and relax.  Hope Glenn is staying warm up at the cabin.  He may need to stay in your garage Gunner.   :rotflmao:  Have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Got five full loads of leaves in the Brinley yard vac yesterday. About 1/4 of the way done with the yard  and broke a pulley on the Cub. Set everything up and did a load with the Toro zero turn. Other then the hose being a bit short which means very soft left turns, it worked great. Mike you had better look out the window. It's white here. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been watching it Mark!!  some really big snow flakes coming down!!  road is covered!!  looks like a grease ball for driving!!!  sure glad I put the Harley to bed for the winter yesterday!!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  I hear you Mike, We're headed to Park Rapids soon. Think I'll wait a few more minutes and let this crap thaw off the roads first. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup I hear ya!!  safe travels!!!  I'm just over to Long Prairie but am waiting some too.. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Won't be long now,hard water is right around the corner,waterfowl are starting to migrate more everyday,Snow squalles moving thru north burbs,ground is to warm so not sticking.