Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902378 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
checking out the banter over on IDO, guys in the cities say its pretty ugly driving around now. sure glad i dont gotta do it no more.

but i would to head north!!!!!! :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
That's why we waited to travel as they originally had it starting right about the time we would be goin through.  :crazy: :thumbs:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: why worry about it today when i can do it tomorrow!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
:scratch: I think he's catchin on...............................................finally. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
From Faribault straight west, all the way north to mike's neck of the woods is 100% covered now according to MN DOT. Their map of the metro must have at least 50 or more accidents reports on it now too. :crazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got as solid 6 inches here I'd say..  no plows yet either..  and it's heavy wet crap too...

and thanks gunner!!  511 was one of the missing web sites from my puter...  got it now!!! 
« Last Edit: October 10/20/20, 03:17:21 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't doubt that gents. I left at 130 to take the pooch in fer shots and it was slimy and building then.  Just put a tape in the patio table and had 5" at 3:30.  Good thing the ladies work from home nowadays!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, icy covered morning..  plows are sure taking their time..  township roads not touched yet..  we are a storm watch for tomorrow again so that should be interesting...  garbage trucks are running on time today, go figure..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and some light snow. I would say we have about 3" of the white crap. I was going to go out bow hunting after work today, but changed my mind. Needed to load the wood shed last night, but didn't feel like doing that with the wet snow coming down and the wind blowing. Like you retired guys. Why do today when I can do it tomorrow. So I will hunt again on Friday after work. So, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I think we had about 3" here.  The EGO blower blows it off the deck pretty good.  Just made a path so the wife could go to work and make some money.  LOL  I will go out after breakfast and finish it.  Looks like another 6" starting Wed night in the same areas that got the most this time.  Will make a mess of the gravel roads.  The county will try to stay off of them.  Too bad the ground wasn't frozen yet.  Stay safe and go slow today.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I guessing about 5" East of Alex. Got the plow truck running. One flat tire and a dead battery. Finished plowing and it looked more like a D-8 CAT did it with all of the dirt and not grass showing. Headed to town to get teeth cleaned. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers, looks like i gotta clean out the end of the driveway. they did plow the streets last nite. snow caught me off gaurd, or should i say i forgot to put the patio furniture away before the snow came. :confused: :doofus: pain in the  :moon: to clean off the deck. will get done today. :rotflmao:

not sure what else i'll get into today. :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Snow totals yesterday were 3.5" at the ranch & 3.2" in Bugtussle. Melted out liquid equivalents were .54" & .47" respectively. Made things too snotty for tillage in area fields yesterday and likely for today. Looks like snow melted off the stalks & ears overnite so guessing they'll get back to picking corn shortly. Few things try your patience more than thawing a combine out once it gets packed full of snow, especially if everyone else is going.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here this AM heading for 35 it says. Sounds like the snow is going to stay South of Barry and I.  :happy1: Good deal. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup we got snow..  30 and that is where the temp is going to stay they say..  schools are all closed today..  saying up to 8 or 9 inches of snow today..  oh what fun :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I will say this about the snow, it sure isn't hurting the ice on the lakes!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I will say this about the snow, it sure isn't hurting the ice on the lakes!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Good point mike,thought the same thing last night spooling my ice reels getting gear somewhat organized,if we had a couple "s of ice coverd lakes our lakes would be terrible for icefishing for weeks this this heavy wet snow...

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Went to town already this morning to drop off the wife's car for a new set of tires. Roads sucked, about another 4 to 5 inches so far. And back to town in 30 minutes to bring the mrs to work and a quick stop to get my A1C checked. Stay dry and have a great day. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Mikey the rocket sceintist!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers................nuttin here as of yet. putz in the garage day and cook up a couple venision neck roasts for deer camp.

send an email to the st cloud times. we recieved out statement for the nov delivery  :confused: there going to charge 5 bucks alone for the thanksgiving day paper. what a farce, just because its got all the black friday ads. :bs:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all from south of the border, the land of green grass & 50* days. ;) ;D We left the lake at 6:30 yday & it took us almost 45 minutes to get to Deer River as 40 mph was all that was it was safe to do. Hwy 2 was better & actually pretty well clear after Cohasset. We came down 169 though & that was real good. Seen a sign that said HD's this way ;) :laugh:, actually it just said Stanchfield but it made me wonder how far it was? Faribault for some lunch by noon & back here by ~4 after a couple more stops in Clear Lake & Mason City. Gettin some rain here since around 6, 'bout it from here besides I got some runnin to do. Have good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glad to hear you made it safely.......i've seen Iowiegans drive!!!! :smoking: :mooning: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry Dotch dared me!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
when you going to head back up that way again????????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: :mooning: :pouty: Dotch!! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:  Not sure :scratch:, brother needs some eye surgery & has looked into having Mayo do it. Could get pretty involved in running back for check ups, so it could be Spring.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck to your brother gunner!!!!!!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

your little ladies in Inger are going to miss you!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said not a bit of new snow here.  The ground is still white.  Man does that change the feeling about fall.  Was a short one for sure.  15-18 degrees below normal for MN.  Sucks.  Helped the neighbor get his boat out yesterday.  We talked about how we have fished in nice warm weather before during deer season.  Not this year.  Have some stuff to ship today so a trip to town is on the game plan for the day.  That's all folks!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dad gum pot stirrers! Why me?  :pouty:  :rotflmao:

Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. .04" of precip the past 24 hrs. at the ranch & .03" in metropolitan Bugtussle. Rain on tap for today at last check, having changed from "wintry mix" a little bit ago. Oh well, at least there's snow on the ground yet & a butt ugly forecast thru early next week. :rolleyes: The good news: On this date in 1969, Led Zeppelin released Led Zeppelin II.  :rocker;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h9MxNn8P7w
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dad gum pot stirrers! Why me?  :pouty:  :rotflmao:

Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. .04" of precip the past 24 hrs. at the ranch & .03" in metropolitan Bugtussle. Rain on tap for today at last check, having changed from "wintry mix" a little bit ago. Oh well, at least there's snow on the ground yet & a butt ugly forecast thru early next week. :rolleyes: The good news: On this date in 1969, Led Zeppelin released Led Zeppelin II.  :rocker;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h9MxNn8P7w
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

just went out to grab the paper and some apples mom dropped off. just a little sleet/graupel at the moment.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nothing more deadly than graupel... :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So far today nuttin but sleet, graupel and a few snow flakes. Nuttin really piling up, yet.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mist & drizzle, wind NE sustained at 20 mph, gusting to 25, temp 32 degrees. Great hypothermia weather. Got my bun warmer fired up!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/22/20, 02:59:40 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good ol standby.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got done snow blowing the drive way and sidewalk..  got to guess 6 to 7 inches of snow..  and dang full of water too..  just got clean off the car is all now...