Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901018 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 24* now & we might get close to 40*. Took our old recycle bin full of leaves out to the curb a few times yday as the city is comin by next week to pick 'em up for us. They were wet & the wind was chilly so didn't spend very long doin that. A few sprinkles yday pm, a little, 1-3" snow fcasted for tomorrow. Today's lookin like a Big 10 football day to me. Have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just changed the low beam bulb head light on the Impala, very easy job compared to some cars!!!!  got a butternut squash in the oven now and I did bake some Mediterranean flavored potatoes too...  time for a break!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/20, 02:43:59 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
sheez dotch, ya got me all tuckered out just reading that!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Jerry Jeff Walker passed away yesterday, he wrote and sang Mr. Bojangles...  RIP............

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just changed the low beam bulb head light on the Impala, very easy job compared to cars!!!!  got a butternut squash in the oven now and I did bake some Mediterranean flavored potatoes too...  time for a break!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i'm not real mechanically inclined........but isnt an Impala a car??????? :scratch: :confused: :evil: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man was runnings in st cloud busy, but they had a lot of cashiers so it moved pretty good. that store has alot of stuff stocked, well except for ammo and suet cakes for the birds.

hell of a lot better than fleet farm.  managed to use up th gift card and 10 dollar coupon! :happy1: :happy1: sure woulda been nice to put that store on the west end of town!!! :rotflmao:

they tore down the west side shopko recently, man does that look wierd being an empty lot now!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just changed the low beam bulb head light on the Impala, very easy job compared to cars!!!!  got a butternut squash in the oven now and I did bake some Mediterranean flavored potatoes too...  time for a break!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i'm not real mechanically inclined........but isnt an Impala a car??????? :scratch: :confused: :evil: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:

there I fixed it, that better??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just changed the low beam bulb head light on the Impala, very easy job compared to some cars!!!!  got a butternut squash in the oven now and I did bake some Mediterranean flavored potatoes too...  time for a break!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
wadda gonna do with that squash, feed the neighborhood cats. :confused: :rotflmao: :puke:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
wadda gonna do with that squash, feed the neighborhood cats. :confused: :rotflmao: :puke:
oh man that's some good stuff!! Gots 9 downstairs yet. Wonder if that's on your list??   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/20, 04:23:20 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Dotch... Golden Malrin and Coke will keep the flies from pushing your  windows over....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good question Bobber!!!  darn goood stuff!!!  bought 2 more today, at $2.00 apiece!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good question Bobber!!!  darn goood stuff!!!  bought 2 more today, at $2.00 apiece!!!
:pouty: awe geez!! :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Jerry Jeff Walker passed away yesterday, he wrote and sang Mr. Bojangles...  RIP............

He had lots of good music.  RIP Jerry

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here again this morning. Pretty much stayed that temp all day yesterday with snow flakes off and on. About the same for today too I believe. Sitting in the stand again this morning waiting for big Hank. Would mind seeing big Hammett either. Plan to pull the dock later and park the camper in its winter spot and cover it. Those are the 2 main things in the afternoon agenda. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got a lot done yesterday, and the day turned out kind of nice...  have a few things to do today..  looks like no snow again too..  about 25 for a high..  have a good day all!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I got up first so I have some Vanilla/Hazelnut coffee brewing.  Hi test too.  I drink the good stuff on the weekends.  Decaf during the week.  We filled the ol Ford with stuff going to the landfill yesterday.  Love that truck.  Will head to the landfill in a couple of days.  We found a 6 year old black lab at the Bemidji Humane Society so we have an appt to go see him on Tue afternoon.  They said he is a sweet heart so we will see....  Hoping he would make a good friend for Buddy.  No big plans for the day.  Should get something done with no Vikes today.  We'll see.  May have to watch Lees Bears play.  Well stay warm and have a great Sunday.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  the paper is read and coffee is a about wrapped up. Got the outside water shut off yesterday,  noticed the dryer vent had lint accumulating so got that all cleaned out. But today Momma wants to go shopping for new furniture,  oh goodie... Enjoy your Sunday gents!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Glenn when ya was at Running's yesterday did ya check out canning supplies??? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........boober........your the luckiest guy i know!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: shopping here for stuff like that goes like this. my wife does the shopping, when she sees what she thinks both of us like, then i go and look. :happy1: :happy1:

Mike, they had some stuff but not lids. i did get one of them thing a ma bobs to take jars out of hot water baths. i had stopped at a guy i used to work with house, he was canning and he used one and i had to have one!!! no jars either but i got plenty of them.

well 5 lbs of venision muscle meat is in the juice melding, tomorrow morning it goes on the dehydrator. got a bunch of snot rockets thawing out, they'll hit the pickling jars tonight.

snowing real light here, just enough the cover up th bare spots. not sure what else is on the aganda but the day is young.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning all! bougjt a new triton tandem 22' 4 placment trailer yesterday. ibtried tonhooknup with glenn but his couch had to be held down and was working on a new ass mold on it. got homebsafe. heading intonthe woods this morn fir stand wirk. have a great day
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all! bougjt a new triton tandem 22' 4 placment trailer yesterday. ibtried tonhooknup with glenn but his couch had to be held down and was working on a new ass mold on it. got homebsafe. heading intonthe woods this morn fir stand wirk. have a great day
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: liar liar your pants is on fire. :rotflmao: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 32* & it's gonna stay right about there all day. They've backed off on our snow a little now & no sign of any yet. Another NFL Sunday here. Have a good day.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Between Friday, Saturday and this morning, I spent 14 hours in deer stands. Strange as it sounds, it wasn't too cold.  Saturday morning was 17 degrees when we headed out but it soon warmed up to 25.  I usually don't too worry too much about cold while bow hunting before the rifle season but this was a bit different for sure. Probably way colder than most gun openers.  Except last year.  At any rate, I'm pretty dialed in for any thing down to 15 degrees.  Not sure what I will do if it's colder.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here this morning and hot getting much more than that. Looking warmer later in the week. Pulled the dock and parked the camper in its place yesterday afternoon. We were going to put the cover on, but it is still all ice and snow on the roof. So decided to wait until this coming weekend. Supposed to warm into the 40s this weekend. That should hopefully melt it off. Otherwise back in the salt mines today. Have a good Monday boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 here going for 22, a regular heat wave!!  must have been a great weekend for the Vikes, I didn't hear any news of them losing!!  thank heaven for bye weeks!!! might have a weak battery in my car, seems to be turning over slower in this colder weather and the radio and clock shut off by themselves too...  have to get it load tested today..  have a good day all!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........the pickled fish have been mixed, venny meat is in the dehydrator and all my mess is cleaned up. :happy1: might work on getting deer hunting stuff together and organized!!!!

looks like staring wed a pretty good stretch of respectable weather. hopefully it will melt all those  hard frozen clumps of snow the plows piled up.  :confused: dealt with that all last year!!!!! :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I am looking forward to the warmer stretch coming up too.  Man you are busy Glenn.  You are going to run out of things to do at that pace.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I should start getting my deer hunting stuff ready too.  Will come fast now.
I made another 4 bone short rib plate yesterday.  Turned out great!  Like Mike said the Vikes didn't lose yesterday so that is a positive thing.  :happy1:  Have a good one boys. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I am looking forward to the warmer stretch coming up too.  Man you are busy Glenn.  You are going to run out of things to do at that pace.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I should start getting my deer hunting stuff ready too.  Will come fast now.
I made another 4 bone short rib plate yesterday.  Turned out great!  Like Mike said the Vikes didn't lose yesterday so that is a positive thing.  :happy1:  Have a good one boys.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i know, i better start pacing myself.  :doah: :rotflmao: i got some things on the list for inside stuff, just waiting for the dead of winter to do. :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 24* & might make 30*. Barely enough snow yday to yurn the ground white but it did melt on the hard surfaces & freeze overnight so they're warning everyone that's it could be icy. :doofus: Got a couple little projects, if I have time ;), in mind for the day. ' Bout it from here, hopin your Monday's a good 1.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 18 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. 4.5" of snow both at the ranch & in Bugtussle, along with .16" of liquid equivalent melted out at both locations. Looks rather Christmasy this a.m. Accomplished a lot at Mom's this weekend. Got the mattresses out of there, the bedding along with it, loaded up some furniture, cleaned up more of the granary/raccoon condo along with yanking the disc & gravity box up out of the dirt. They came out easier than expected with the pickup & log chain. Another month from now that might not be the case.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)