Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902991 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well it appears the battery in my car was factory, 7 years old and it was shot..  so $160.00 later it's replaced...   then down to the tire shop and sure enough the front that gets low every 2 to 3 days have a nail in it so $18.00 there and I now hope it's all good...  can't complain overall with the car...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well it appears the battery in my car was factory, 7 years old and it was shot..  so $160.00 later it's replaced...   then down to the tire shop and sure enough the front that gets low every 2 to 3 days have a nail in it so $18.00 there and I now hope it's all good...  can't complain overall with the car...
:scratch: :scratch: how much at the liquor store?? :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: how much at the liquor store?? :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Why you ask him about the liquor store?  Don't you know the liquor store is a budgeted expense?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got that last week!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea the first thing on the budget!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Why you ask him about the liquor store?  Don't you know the liquor store is a budgeted expense?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you got that right Steve-o!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 12 here this morning heading for 32 and maybe a little white stuff later. I think the weather station I have in the house might be whacko. Been reading 30 for the last 2 days. I know the wind thingy is broke and have the replacement part for that. But don't think that would effect the temp. Guess I will need to pull it down and see what is wrong with it. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 here too, going for 30 they say...  I did manage to get a few things done yesterday and going to try to do them same today..  other than cloudy yesterday it was a decent day, sure could use some sun here and there..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree some more sun would be nice.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sure dark this morning.  So the wife mentioned to me that daylight savings changes this Saturday.  Seems early.  It will be dark by the time some of youse get home from work.  Darn!  Well today is the day we go to see Ralph.  The 6 year old black lab that needs a home.  I hope he is a nice dog.  If so he will be Buddy's new friend.  Have a good one!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sure dark this morning.  So the wife mentioned to me that daylight savings changes this Saturday.  Seems early.  It will be dark by the time some of youse get home from work.  Darn!  Well today is the day we go to see Ralph.  The 6 year old black lab that needs a home.  I hope he is a nice dog.  If so he will be Buddy's new friend.  Have a good one!

that's a kind jesture LPS,hope it works out,got a note from a hunting bud,his long time friend passed away recently and his wife is giving away two yellow labs,male is 6,female is 3yrs old,sad deal,what's worse these are kennel dogs,not house trained,how/why would someone not let these fine pup's in to they're home?,but that's me,my pup has run of the house,and a machine in the field,at night he's a 70lb lap dog,wouldn't have it any other way.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry to hear about your friend snow...  hope they find good homes for the dogs!!!  mine were always in the house too..  good luck LPS!!!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Pick up didn't want to run right on the way home from town yesterday. No rpm's, no power and then when I'd put it to the floor it would take off. When I got home it would run at an idle after a few minutes of that it quit all together. Start up and run for a few seconds and quit. After the Mrs. got home from work I went to Fleet and grabbed a new battery and our oldest dropped off an elect. meter (mine is now in the garbage). Started right up and putting out 14.7 volts. I'm guessing I was in the same boat as Mike with an oridginal Motorcraft battery in my truck. Now I should be able to get done today what I wanted to yesterday. Coffee and breakfast first of course. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 18* here & we could get above freezing by a degree or 2 later. We had a little sunshine yday here ~ 5 & you guys are right it was nice to see. Big warmup comin, all next week in the 50's down here is the talk. :happy1: May make that this Saturday as well. A couple things done yday & couple more today, just gotta keep pluggin away. :pouty: ;) ;D Have a good day!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 12 for an overnite low, 14 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Supposed to be windy tho, gusts up to 30 mph so it prolly won't feel as warm as it could be. Looking forward to a little warmer temps. Still a lot to get done outside before calling it a season. Sorry to hear about your friend snow. Hope someone makes a good new home for the dogs. Kinda curious to see what Barry comes up with after his visit.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNING FELLERS....... not much on the agenda today..maybe pesture the wife all day.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

so how hard do you guys think it would be to house train one of those dogs???? i mean they dont really like doing there bathroom thing in there kennels from what i've seen, but........just thinking out loud. not sure i could get the wifey in line with another pooch at the moment with the sheltie as old as she is?????????

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn,
Doesn't look like a battery to me especially if your getting 14.7 volts from the alt.  Symptoms sound more like fuel supply issue.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNING FELLERS....... not much on the agenda today..maybe pesture the wife all day.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

so how hard do you guys think it would be to house train one of those dogs???? i mean they dont really like doing there bathroom thing in there kennels from what i've seen, but........just thinking out loud. not sure i could get the wifey in line with another pooch at the moment with the sheltie as old as she is?????????

I wondered the same thing Glenn.  If we hadn't found this dog I would be interested.  They would adapt very quickly I would think. And you have plenty of time to spend with a dog too. 
« Last Edit: October 10/27/20, 10:54:18 AM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

that's a kind jesture LPS,hope it works out,got a note from a hunting bud,his long time friend passed away recently and his wife is giving away two yellow labs,male is 6,female is 3yrs old,sad deal,what's worse these are kennel dogs,not house trained,how/why would someone not let these fine pup's in to they're home?,but that's me,my pup has run of the house,and a machine in the field,at night he's a 70lb lap dog,wouldn't have it any other way.
i'm working the wife over on taking one of these dogs. :sleazy: :happy1: she didnt tell NO and asked what i thought, so there's hope i may help this person out. i'd be interested in the 3 year old female. snow are these dogs trained for hunting???????

another thing i thought about. i had a male black lab that was strictly an outside kennel dog. thinking 15 20 years ago. then we got our first sheltie that was a house dog from day 1. this began to really bother me the lab was always outside, so we brought him in. we never had an issue with him  relieving himself inside the house. and he was a great house dog after that albiet a big one!!! :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My son has been talking about another dog too, I sent him a text.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Now if smurfette can just house train glenn... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Now if smurfette can just house train glenn... :scratch:
:rotflmao: :confused: :tut: watch it pal, I also have your mailing address. :tut: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

so snow, I got the wifey talked into one of the dogs. I also pretty sure my kid will take the other one. So..... They would still see each other. :happy1: this if it should happen it hopefully can happen before deer hunting.

As I read your post there looking for a new home at no charge correct?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The kid will take the other one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The kid will take the other one.

good thing you are retired!!  ta had all day to wear her down!!!  hope it works for you all!!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Afternoon peoples,  dang that wind is chilly especially in the shade. I hope it all works out Glenn,  just don't get your hopes up if the owner has other plans. BUT you got mommas ok now!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  dang that wind is chilly especially in the shade. I hope it all works out Glenn,  just don't get your hopes up if the owner has other plans. BUT you got mommas ok now!!  :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: i hear ya. just hoping it works, hopefully i spoke up and committed early enough!!!! :happy1: :happy1: i'm pumped!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 deadeye I'm thinking you're correct. My truck got  ride on a flatbed from Osakis where it died again to my fix-it guy just down the road from my place. Should know what it is today or tomorrow. They're reallllly busy. Oh well that means I should have time to get my deer camp stuff packed and ready to go, clean my trap gun and other things (nap?). Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, too bad to hear that Mark!!  hope it's not to bad to repair...  did you take it to the guy by the round about then??  when you said down the road I thought of him first..  got 30 this morning and going for 39..  got a few things done yesterday, to going into Alex to re-supply...  only one or 2 stops...  have a good day all!!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here this morning and that will b the high also. Little chance of snow or rain this AM they are saying. Hope you all get the dogs you are looking to get. Almost got me thinking about getting one again. But it is hard when still working full time. Hard to be around for them and then when traveling. I think for now we are good. Otherwise just another day in the slat mines. Have a good hump day boys.