Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904163 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, no snow over night to speak of..  have 20 now goin up to 40 today..  sure was nice to see the sun yesterday, makes the day some better..  got a few things done yesterday and have a few today too..  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here this AM heading for the upper 30s today. Maybe the snow might start melting today. Plan to go hunt after work today. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning from Hugo,35 now might hit 50 later?,snow is gone,warm week ahead maybe 60 midweek,,I'll take it.my deer are sure active lately,brought in some fresh alfalfa and field corn to change up they're apple diet and hopefully make em bed down over opening,my goofy neighbor shot my 10'ter last year under my apple tree /cross bow,he's got a target up now so I know he's been practicing.prick shoots out his garage window with a cocktail in hand,dresses in camo with face paint,goofball comes to mind.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  SO you neighbor is hunting over bait then Snow!  Even if the bait is in your yard and he shoots it in his yard.  The river had ice sheets covering most of the river in the morning.  It was all moving and wasn't there in the afternoon.  We have about 10' of shore ice now.  Gonna do some grocery shopping today.  Not sure what else is going on.  Looking forward to the nice weekend and next week looks great too.  I have a pile of Tamarac I want to get cut up and split.  Then I will be set for winter.  I have some dead standing elm if I need it later on.  Hope the winter doesn't get that bad though.  Enjoy the day!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........if there wouldnt of been snow on the deck you wouldnt be able to tell it snowed, no snow on the grass or roads when i went out to get the paper.

fish hit the brine this afternoon. going to moms to get her snowblower checked over and fire up the old ski-doo. havent hadthat started id a few years. thats headed to the cabin. reckon i should get the tabs updated to at some point!  :pouty:

starting to get the deer hunting bug bad. just keep thinking about that portable stand by me!! UGH!!!!! i hate confrontations in the woods!!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's been 5 days since I was out hunting and like glenn57, I too am getting a little antsy so I'm heading out around noon today.  Should be pretty good hunting weather wise other than the wind.  glenn57, better make plans on how to handle the portable stand guy.  Could be fine but could be a real mess. Be careful. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 32* presently & we could make the upper 40's today. Worked on our leaves a bit again yday but it was a tad chilly for much of it. Pretty sure the city will be comin around again to clean 'em up as there's a lot to still come down so that's OK. Not sure what's on tap for today, have to see what comes my way. Have a good Friday!!
« Last Edit: October 10/30/20, 08:35:02 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I contacted the two meat lockers that we usually bring our deer to when we don't want to butcher them.  They both said they are only accepting completely boned out venison.  They will then turn it into sausage etc.  That is the easy part.  But they are so busy doing beef and pork as we have already mentioned that they just don't want to butcher deer.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's been 5 days since I was out hunting and like glenn57, I too am getting a little antsy so I'm heading out around noon today.  Should be pretty good hunting weather wise other than the wind.  glenn57, better make plans on how to handle the portable stand guy.  Could be fine but could be a real mess. Be careful.
thanks deadeye. i've given it a whole lotta thought, even probably lost a little sleep over it, but as of now my plan is......

1) get to my stand early, then see what happens.
2) if he's a jerk, just go to my other stand back further, i might be able to still see him but different terrian to look at and i cant see that far that way. his orange would give me his position though, or
3) go back out the trail out of his site and be noisy!!!!! which i probably wont due.

thing is, where that portable is its on a plateu and i rarely see deer in that area, vary rarely anyway. both my stands overlook a gully leading into a swampy area. thats what i have seen over the last 25 years hunting that same area.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Heard about possible snow overnite but didn't see any this a.m. so am going to assume it's like all those pictures glenn doesn't post: Didn't happen!  :bonk: Day is starting out crappy. A customer called and thought I should take a bullet for the landlord on an application mess up on a field I have nothing to with. Another reason retirement from this garbage can't come soon enough. Not my circus, not my monkey. I have my own problems to deal with that I've back-burnered long enough. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Heard about possible snow overnite but didn't see any this a.m. so am going to assume it's like all those pictures glenn doesn't post: Didn't happen!  :bonk: Day is starting out crappy. A customer called and thought I should take a bullet for the landlord on an application mess up on a field I have nothing to with. Another reason retirement from this garbage can't come soon enough. Not my circus, not my monkey. I have my own problems to deal with that I've back-burnered long enough.
dotch buddy..........welcome to what used to be my world!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh and that picture remark............ :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: remember i have your mailing address too!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks deadeye. i've given it a whole lotta thought, even probably lost a little sleep over it, but as of now my plan is......

1) get to my stand early, then see what happens.
2) if he's a jerk, just go to my other stand back further, i might be able to still see him but different terrian to look at and i cant see that far that way. his orange would give me his position though, or
3) go back out the trail out of his site and be noisy!!!!! which i probably wont due.

thing is, where that portable is its on a plateu and i rarely see deer in that area, vary rarely anyway. both my stands overlook a gully leading into a swampy area. thats what i have seen over the last 25 years hunting that same area.

Glenn, The one thing you have to remember is it is public land open to everyone. So what you have planned is what I would do too. I hunt plenty of public land up here and have had that happen to me and I have also ended up hunting near someone else not knowing it. If this was me I would just get there early and hunt like you normally would. Be polite and if and when the hunter talks to you. But I would stay and make my presence  there known. I think eventually they will move on then.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks JB. i had that happen back in 1975, my senior year in high school. i took a walk and when i got back he was gone. i had built that stand with the helps of my dad, and that guy had the gall to tell me HE built it. i'm not so intimidated anymore.

guess the best case senerio would be he used it to bow hunt....which i thing it was for and he took it down !!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That has pretty much been my experience hunting public land.  Sometimes when you try a new spot, you horn in on someone else.  Sometimes someone horns in on you.  It usually doesn't last any longer than the first morning sit - if that long.

Your mileage may vary.  Good luck.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Glenn.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well my camper is out of the yard and put away. The only survior left is the zero turn mower and he's headed to the barn tomorrow. deadeye you're spot on with the fuse information on Ford pick ups. I'm pulling a gunner today and taking it easy, tried of fixing for the week. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, happy Halloween all!!!  lets get this years tricks over with!!  37 this morning and windy..  the wind has been howlin all night and sounds like today too..  that should help knock down some of the leaves.... well hope your day is full of treats!!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
halloween..........bah  humbug. we are playing scrooge again this year!!!! in alll reality, we dont get many kids, why bother. we are 2 blocks off the main drag. and i dont need to have all that extra candy around........bad stuff for me. :tut: :doah:

morning fellers........ loooks like a windy one today. oh well, i'm having a  :campfire: and  :toast: later ome hell or high water!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: gonna move my winter stuff from back shed to garage this afternoon too!!!!!! that mostly means my winter fishhouses and such!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Happy Halloween.  We got two big bags of M&M Peanuts and a bag of Tootsie Rolls.  Our lights will be off!  The candy is for me!   :rotflmao:  Ya windy as heck here too.  The trees are really whipping around.  Good day for someone to go fly a kite...  LOL  Well we actually stayed up for the whole Gophers game.  Unreal!  Will check the Gophers thread.  Having some French Vanilla high test with my typical shot of local honey in it.  WOW is that good.  The wife wanted to have a fire today so will have to gauge the wind and see how it goes.  Everything is wet and snow covered so should be no problem here.  Mayhaps I will fire up a chainsaw and do some more firewood.  Well stay out of trouble and have a fun day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just heard Sean Connery has passed away..  darn good actor, he was 90!!  RIP.............

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 36* now & we're going to make 60* later. Very "glenn-like" ;) :laugh: here too. It looks like it'll be switchin to NW about sundown so that'll make it pretty chilly for the kids. Not sure if we'll have our lights on or not as presently we have no treats but that might change, we'll see. It's that time of the year to mess with the clocks again. :rolleyes: Have a good 1

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. May not feel that warm with the wind blowing up to 35 mph. Cool down tomorrow then a nice week predicted ahead. Heading out in a bit with the livestock trailer. Need to pick up my Dad's old Craftsman table saw and a bunch of other stuff. Saw was made back when stuff was still made right, & right here in the USA. Can't wait for that extra hour of sleep. I think every few months they should set the clocks back an hour!  :happy1: 

« Last Edit: November 11/02/20, 09:55:22 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Another fine morning in the deer stand. Looking for big hank again today. Had 37 this morning and a bit breezy. Not the greatest direction for the stand I am in either. But It will have to do. Today will be mostly hunt day. Have a good Saturday boys.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here this morning heading for 33. Boy it was a windy one yesterday afternoon. I was rocking in the tree. And snowed pretty good to. Back in the stand again this morning. Magically an hour earlier than yesterday. Sure wish they would get rid of that. Had a nice buck at 30 yards yesterday morning. 2 more steps and he would have been in the clear. But he caught my wind and whirled around. Bye bye he said. Otherwise this is my last hurrah with the bow. Gun season next week. Have a good Sunday boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea that wind was howling good yesterday and over night..  no fire here..  not much going on today so I'll do a Glenn and take it easy and just go with it kind of day...  have a good day all!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The wind is till blowing pretty good here.  Feels cold today versus yesterday.  I could have almost surfed on the river yesterday the waves were so big.  The wind was coming right up the river.  Just football today and leisure!  Got round bales out to the horses yesterday so they are all good too.  Stay warm in that tree JB. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers Yea windy as all get out here too. Was damn chilly when I went out to get the paper.

My laptop is acting up. :angry2: :confused: watch da vikings for a while see how they do, if they suck I'll make a trip to fleet farm for last minute deer hunting stuff and a few udder tings!! :happy1: pretty much caught up, do I'll pull a Gunner and Mikey today. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 30* at the moment & we might hit 40*, seen 61* on the car yday. Had few kids out last night here but there wasn't too many, including us, with their lights on. Made a mid morning dash to Mason City lookin for a new frig as ours seems to be on it's way out. Even tough drivin in that wind yday. :crazy: Still goin too, another NFL Sunday here. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  got back a while ago from southwest MN rooster chasing, let's just say it was a struggle with hunting public land,  Managed 4 between the kid and i. The wind never stopped no matter which way it was blowing.  Good to back tho, it was fun listening to Paul Allen on the radio calling the game, dang he gets into it.  Well the wife wants my ear to make it bleed on how her weekend went so I gotta run..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!!  a good day yesterday and quite the football game, that is what I seen of it..  not much on the agenda today..  hoping this week the leafs fall off my maple tree so I can clean my gutters finally..  have a good day all!!