Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900568 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here this morning heading for mid 40s today. Wish I could be i the stand this morning. Lot warmer then yesterday. Not much else here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning.  Good idea on the gutters Mike.  I should do mine again too.  The leaves are pretty much down here.  I see a few willows hanging on but not many.  Gonna go pay some bills today but nothing else too pressing for me.  I will start getting my hunting things together.  So have a great day!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 27* presently & it's gonna get close to 60* for us. Headed up to Austin today as we still have a few estate things to wrap up. If all goes well, we may be headed back to the lake Wednesday for a week or so. Not much else from south of the border, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today has a trip to Osakis to pick up a set wheels for the side by side and then dropping them off to get powder-coated. After that headed to Graceville to drop off a hide box and back home. Should keep me busy until 1:30 or so. Have great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a good road trip Mark!!  have fun!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers............ with that wind i gotz alot more leaves to deal with, hope the garbage man takes the ones by the curb. they offer a lawn recycling bin and its full but i thing thats coming to an end soon. neeed one more load taken and as it looks i'll be hauling some north. think i'll dump them in gunners yard so he has something to do when he gets there!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

maybe a trip to fleet farm....see how the day goes!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Not much wind either after some gusts of up to 47 mph over the weekend both at Spring Valley & at the ranch. There's a reason they put those stupid windmills up around here.  :embarrassed: Got a lot done at Mom's over the weekend; 2 full bedroom sets dismantled, hauled down from upstairs & loaded into their respective trailers. Got Dad's table saw back home with me too. Didn't have a lot to hook to in the livestock trailer but did clamp it up against the spare with a ratchet strap. Stayed put. Even all the extra parts on top of the saw were still there when I went to unload it.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
as i posted in t he ammo thread i went to FF today. this is the first time i actually seen a respectable supply of fishing stuff on the selves, albiet a bit late it was summer stuff. thye did have some winter fishing gear.

unless there going to really get going on stocking there stuff for there big orange friday sale, they aint got crap for orange clothes. i seen one somewhat insulated hooded sweatshirt, looked at the pricetag....140 bucks. yea right!!!!!!!!i mighta paid 40. :doofus: :tut:

other stuff was still so so like its been since the mills sold it. well they did have an ample supply of M & M's. :nerd: :nerd: the new fudge brownie was are pretty good by the way!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok now that is some very important info Glenn.  As a matter of fact I am very impressed.  SO those new M&Ms are pretty darn good huh?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  I gots to get me some of them now.  I am not a big candy guy but I get the urge now and then.  Halloween marketing I suppose. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok now that is some very important info Glenn.  As a matter of fact I am very impressed.  SO those new M&Ms are pretty darn good huh?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  I gots to get me some of them now.  I am not a big candy guy but I get the urge now and then.  Halloween marketing I suppose.
:happy1: :rotflmao: I only aim to help. Yea those new ones definitely take care of your chocolate fix!!;👍

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......was up and attem by 5;20 am.  :doah: :pouty: must be so excited to go vote for JO JO for prez i couldnt sleep!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: even got some things done.

been dragging my feet on hanging pictures and mounts i brought home from my office and putting stuff from there away, i need to get that done before they get damaged. got my sunfish and crappie mounts an my massive buck to hang!!!!!
gotta do some leaves yet too!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 37 going for 60 today...  was a nice day yesterday for sure...  not sure what I have going on today but I guess I'll figure it out as the day chicks along..  going to vote is the major thing for today..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here heading for the mid 50s today. Was sure nice yesterday. We made the trip to Baudette yesterday to drop off our ballots. Trump/Pence 2020 boys!!  ;) :happy1: Then we stopped at Outdoors Again and bought our Firearms hunting licenses. Also checked to see if he had my Remington 30-06 shells. Just like everyone else no go. He said he has not been able to get remington ammo all summer. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
JB, alot like the canning lids, i think you need to keep that type of purchase in the back of your mind and look like in july-aug when its 90 and humid as hell!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. I tend keep stocked up, but just let it slip this year. I was able to get a box for my 7mm back in September and that is the gun I use the most so lucky there. I was going to buy a reloading system this past summer but the were out of those too. So maybe next year if I still can.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I have some .243 shells but will buy more when I see them.  Beautiful morning.  33 here now.  Gonna be as nice as yesterday it looks.  We voted a couple of weeks ago so don't have to fight the crowds today.  Just gonna hang here at home and cut up some firewood.  Will keep a lawn chair handy to so I can sit and enjoy this nice weather. Stay safe out there

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I have some .243 shells but will buy more when I see them.  Beautiful morning.  33 here now.  Gonna be as nice as yesterday it looks.  We voted a couple of weeks ago so don't have to fight the crowds today.  Just gonna hang here at home and cut up some firewood.  Will keep a lawn chair handy to so I can sit and enjoy this nice weather. Stay safe out there
with all the supposed mail in voters i cant see how there's going to be much of a line??????? oh well we shall see soon....well as soon as momma gets outta bed!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Hafta pinch myself. Was still ice on some small puddles east of St. Olaf last nite. Next thing you know Mrs. Cheviot will try to corner me again & do what I'm not sure... :scratch: Got a column to finish & soil samples to log into the system. After that, think I may entertain thoughts of heading home & grinding up some of the leaves. Or at least changing oil & what not so I can do it tomorrow depending on what transpires in the office this a.m.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 40* now & we're headed for 70*. Got back from Austin around 1 yday, managed to get the storage unit cleaned out & loaded on our trailer. :happy1: :cool: Taking Mom's rider & the rest of it north with us early tomorrow. I too voted absentee when we got back here a week & 1/2 ago. Looked to be, it's only a block down the street, more cars than normal at our polling place @ 7:10 to me. Glenn :tut: :mooning:................................... & can you try not to shoot Bambi's mom again this year. :pouty:  ;) :laugh: :laugh: Bout it from here, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to give the dog a bath before his vet appt. at 2:00. Then we're off to put out hide boxes for deer hides after that. Nice day for a drive to Graceville and back. Didn't see one deer, duck or rooster in the whole 140 miles. I did however see a bunch of them big green things making the corn disappear. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 here going to the mid 60's they say..  going in to Alex this morning to re-supply..  listing to the voting results and it seems interesting..  not sure about some results yet..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here heading for the mid 50s today. It sure was nice yesterday. It looks like the whole election will come down to PA and I can see that going to Biden.  :pouty: Or should I say Harris. Thanks for the Ice Rig Barry. You sure didn't need to mail it. I could have picked it up when I happen to be over to Baudette. Otherwise hump day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  JB I had to laugh when you said you came to town to vote.  I hadn't even thought about that.  Darn.  I just wanted to keep caught up with things.  I hope you enjoy it.  Watching the election stuff for awhile and then packing for hunting today.  Enjoy this nice weather whilst we can. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Packing day. Got to get everything packed up and loaded today to leave for Hubbard Co. tomorrow. Head to town after that and grab some eats for next week. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good luck markn.
With the election in a mess and the weather being so nice, I plan to go bow hunting today.  I have picked a stand for today that I believe does not have cell coverage so no politics for me until I get home tonight.  I haven't been in this stand for 3-4 years so who knows what I will see. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  JB I had to laugh when you said you came to town to vote.  I hadn't even thought about that.  Darn.  I just wanted to keep caught up with things.  I hope you enjoy it.  Watching the election stuff for awhile and then packing for hunting today.  Enjoy this nice weather whilst we can.
Yeah, I chuckled too when I seen it last night. I had kind of forgot about it. It will be going in the fish house I built last year. Thanks Again! This is the first year that I won't need to pack to go to deer camp. Feels kind of odd.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Nice day yesterday altho it deteriorated quickly. Someone decided they needed fertilizer recs based off soil tests the co-op pulled. Spent a couple hours playing text & email tag. Then my accountant decides they need Oct. payroll this week so they can take off next week. After making some miscalculations & battling with the scanner the afternoon was pretty well shot in the @$$. Maybe I can do yesterday's plan today. Better hurry before Walz shuts the state down again.  :angry: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....yep gonna pretty much finish packing for deer camp today!!!!! i started watching election results last night but that was a joke.

i did go to the states website and found election results there. little surprised, biggest one was Collin Peterson losing. presidents race is a tossup but i see Biden is in the lead with the electorial college. my choice didnt do so well! :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  but then neither did most people i voted for!!!!!!! :pouty:

oh well............time to move on.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Nice day yesterday altho it deteriorated quickly. Someone decided they needed fertilizer recs based off soil tests the co-op pulled. Spent a couple hours playing text & email tag. Then my accountant decides they need Oct. payroll this week so they can take off next week. After making some miscalculations & battling with the scanner the afternoon was pretty well shot in the @$$. Maybe I can do yesterday's plan today. Better hurry before Walz shuts the state down again.  :angry:
i'm kinda surprised that nit wit hasnt done something already!!!!!!! :tut: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hello peoples, back in my happy place since ~ 9 am. Left the southland a little after 1, stopped 4 times using a little different trail again this time. Not much open water on the bay when we got here but the wind & 70* took care of that by sunset. Been a full day, time to chill. Later!!