Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4950936 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here this morning heading for 58 last I looked. I am a little over dressed for this weather. No deer for us yesterday, hopefully better today. Not much for shooting up here either. Rather quiet up yesterday. Just another day in paradise. Nice view from your stand Mark! Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, heard a fair share of shooting yesterday so I'm wondering what the final score will be??  going to 68 here today and then the change come in tonight and tomorrow the way it sounds..  got a couple things done yesterday, but going at it all slower today..  just because I can!!  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Another day in the woods, got to love this time of year. Curious to see how many monster bucks deadeye and his ground have stacked up. Let’s see some pictures from your stands. It’s not hard to attach a photo, unless you’re a retired union guy from cold spring. Have a great day all. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  not alot going on today gotta gets some charcoal and a few other things is about it, then watch the game. The highlight of our morning stroll was the pooch lifting his leg on a Biden sign in someone's yard, sure wish I had my phone with! Enjoy your Sunday gents!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 57* already here & gonna make the mid-60's, I guess. :scratch: The weather terrorists sure missed our fcast yday as the bay looked like glass most of the day. Cloudy most all day too so it was late afternoon before we hit the upper 50's. Quite a bit of shooting 'round here yday. Got some clothes on the line just a few minutes ago & the mower we just brought up still has the battery in it so that's next on the list. May need to shift gears after that :scratch: ;) ;D. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Put bunny guards around the bushes & got my screenings all home this a.m. Helped clean up under my friend's dryer. With his boys all pitching in we got it done in record time. Best thing about today: Was on this date in 1971, Led Zeppelin released Led Zeppelin IV. Slow dancing to Stairway to Heaven made high school girls wet as never before! :cool:

« Last Edit: November 11/08/20, 12:49:55 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent music my friend!!  April of that year was when I went into the Marines...  listened to that music all the time!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent music my friend!!  April of that year was when I went into the Marines...  listened to that music all the time!!   :happy1: :happy1:
By 1971 I was at Fort Ord, writing code.   

As for music...   These were my faves....

few others...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good music there too... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Definitely good tunes del. November of '71, I would've been in 8th grade. Football was over for the season, wrestling practice had started and I was spending nights plowing with the 656, the same one I spent the past couple days with picking up and hauling screenings.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34 here this morning and I think 40 is the high for today. Made almost 70 here yesterday. It was warm sitting in the stand but the wind sure got cranking in the afternoon. I am sitting in the blind this morning that the wife has been in. She has to work. This is the view from here. Last year's pic. No snow here now. Have a good one boys.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  light rain and wind here this morning, 39 out there and that is the high today too..  just for the heck of it I got the leaf blower out and redid the gutters cause of the wind and all the leaves that came down..  I was some what surprised  at how many were in the gutters in just over 2 days...  then I just sat outside and enjoyed the nice day..  and yup it was HH!!!    have a good day all!!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  light rain and wind here this morning, 39 out there and that is the high today too..  just for the heck of it I got the leaf blower out and redid the gutters cause of the wind and all the leaves that came down..  I was some what surprised  at how many were in the gutters in just over 2 days...  then I just sat outside and enjoyed the nice day..  and yup it was HH!!!    have a good day all!!!

Was there with ya mike only  I could'nt scheeny up the ladder,tweaked my knee somehow(old age) but my darn giant silver maple dumped a load of leaves at my place yesterday as well,I was hoping the strong wind would blast them outof my gutters,"no luck" now its raining maybe snow tonight so spring project now.

But what a great day weather wise yesterday,got the weber fired up late day,nice ribeye with a buddle of assgrass and button mushrooms...might be hunker down for 5 months time.

Pheasant were active saturday wilst I loaded up my truck to head back to minn,my pup Duce started with selective hearing when he herd the rooster's crowing in the morning sun,gave me the stink eye as I loaded him up to head out,think he was really pissed as he said nary a word all the way back to minn.
« Last Edit: November 11/09/20, 08:10:36 AM by snow1 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 41* & steady rain the last I looked. Yeah sure was nice yday, that wind let me pull the clothes off the line by @ 1/2 time of the Vikes game. :happy1: :cool: Probably :scratch: the last time for that this season even south of the border. A couple little projects in mind for today, 1 even includes being outside so we'll see. Have a good 1

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea snow me and the ladder are not friends either..  that's why I bought a toro leaf blower with am gutter cleaning attachment..  darn nice srt up!!! 
« Last Edit: November 11/09/20, 10:10:23 AM by mike89 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. No rain yet but as someone said, the fun's over for a while. Took advantage of it. Got a lot of stuff done. Mentioned filling the wagon with screenings yesterday at my friend's place. Also mentioned staying and helping him and his 3 boys clean up the rotten stuff under the dryer for a couple hours. A job well done. This is the same guy I've written about who lost his wife 2 years ago at harvest. Probably his last harvest. Nam vet. Bronze, silver star & purple heart. Went thru the Tet offensive so people younger like myself didn't have to. I owe him. Plan on getting some thick cut ribeyes from Morgan's some nite & having him over like I did last year after harvest. Got everything backed in & put away at home. Moved the feed troughs back into the brood ewe pasture. Getting closer to ready for winter.
« Last Edit: November 11/09/20, 10:02:56 AM by Dotch »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Definitely good tunes del. November of '71, I would've been in 8th grade. Football was over for the season, wrestling practice had started and I was spending nights plowing with the 656, the same one I spent the past couple days with picking up and hauling screenings.  :happy1:

by November of 71 i had completed a bsee, worked a couple years, got married, got drafted, went through basic, and relocated to Pacific Grove, CA, and then Salinas which is like minnesota only with lettuce and broccoli and cauliflower instead of corn and beans... 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 22 this morning going for 30..  maybe an inch of rain yesterday...  I see we have swans on the lake again this morning..  got a few things to do today so I will see how it goes..  have a good day all!! 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guyz,looks/feels like winter is back,30deg's in hugo with heavy snow on the way by noon.Good news is the ground is plenty warm so it won't last long plus 40's by saturday

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I remember November of 71 but not for music.  I was never much of a music fan however I do listen to music on the radio when traveling in a car.  Also, I did have and 8 track in my first car.  I was in the middle of a 4 year enlistment in the Navy, married for a little over a year and had a son a couple months old.  I was maintaining the Naval computer systems at the Norfolk Atlantic Command Center.  Yes, there were computers back then they just were a bit bigger.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 22* here as well & we might get a little north of 30*. Lot's of sun though & it appears the wind has finally backed off. Ventured out to the boat shed after lunch yday when we had a brief break in the rain, got my thing done quickly & came back in as it was pretty raw out there. A very short list again today, will find somethin to putz with this am though. 'Bout it from here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was 15 here when I got up and it's up to 18 now.  I left Luverne yesterday morning at 7 and it was 54 out.  Less than an hour later it was 34 and raining and blowing hard.  28 by the time I got home and couldn't open my back doors on the truck all of the way cuz there was so much frozen road spray on the truck.  Saw some does and a small buck but no shots at him.  Didn't see near as many hunters as we usually see.  Didn't hear any shots neither.  Usually it is an army of guys out hunting.  ???  It was fun to visit my buddy Blue and hunt with him.  He cooks like an old farm wife and that is a huge compliment!  He even made me a roast beef sandwich for lunch in my blind.  He has diabetes and has had cancer so I was the only one he let come to his place this year.  He has hundreds of acres of farm land.  We think this is the 32 or so year we have hunted together.  Maybe more, not sure.  Was fun but also great to be back home! 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS,
Sounds like a good time. Sorry about your buddies issues. The more stories I hear like this them more I wish this virus thing could be contained somehow.  We are all missing out on so much. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it sure has changed things.  He knew that the wife and I are very careful so that's why he wanted me to come.  I am sure he is lonely but he won't admit it. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. .85" of precip at the ranch and a whopping 1.15" in Bugtussle, primarily rain & freezing rain at both locations. Raining presently & we're in an ice storm warning. Saw an angleworm crawling slowly on my way out to read the gauge in town. He better crawl faster! Got my pickup back. Was the fuel pump but it gave the mechanic fits trying to figure it out. Said when he was checking the fuel pressure he heard a growl coming from the fuel tank & it died so that was proof enough. Just happy to have it back. Has a lot of farming tools in the back, many with long wooden handles. Locked the cap on the box when it was at the shop tho not exactly sure why.  :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
45 years ago today:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bad deal, but a good song... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Not sure if you guys seen in the news of the Blaine deer hunter found dead today in becker county. But I'm pretty sure that  the uncle of someone my nephew brought up hunting with us. More specifically it was his wife's uncle. Sunday night when we got back from hunting  he was greeted with a call from his wife with the news exactly the same as what I read.  From what he said he wasn't of the best health.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!