Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952990 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 11 for a low, 12 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. .6" snow at the ranch w/.03" melted out of it. 1.1" snow in Bugtussle melted out to .07" liquid equivalent. Picking up some wheel weights this afternoon with the trailer. Rather do that than bust a nut trying to get them into the pickup. Can unload them with the skidsteer when I get them home. Luckily they're the half weights so they're ~75 lbs. apiece. More work at Mom's over the weekend coming up. Prolly just Saturday. Too much stuff to get done at home before winter sets in for good.
« Last Edit: November 11/13/20, 10:12:00 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Seen one small doe yesterday afternoon. Watched it for twenty minutes or so and away it went. Nothing big planned for today, sit in the stand for a few hours and get dinner ready for this evening. Venison backstraps, baked potato and scallops. A little "surf and turf". Been waiting all week for this. Here's a picture from yesterday at a new stand I put up. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we crossed the border @ noon yday & got back here ~ 2:30 after 3 stops in Mason City. We have 21* & they're sayin we'll get north of 40* today. I see there's some 50's in the fcast for the end of next week down here.  :scratch: The trip home got a little wild yday as we stopped in Cambridge, we went 169 again, at a Casey's only to come back out & almost walk by the car :crazy:, closest thing to a whiteout I've been in a long time. Think  :confused: it was the same squall that caused the big pile up in Monticello as it was ~ 9 am. Luckily it was better by the time we hit North Branch but there was 10-12 miles in between that it was hard to see 50 yds. I-35 was fine from there, we were through the TC's by 11 :happy1: :cool: & started seein green grass again around Dotch's neck of the woods. That's it for now, hope your Friday's a good 1
« Last Edit: November 11/13/20, 09:46:51 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  Seen one small doe yesterday afternoon. Watched it for twenty minutes or so and away it went. Nothing big planned for today, sit in the stand for a few hours and get dinner ready for this evening. Venison backstraps, baked potato and scallops. A little "surf and turf". Been waiting all week for this. Here's a picture from yesterday at a new stand I put up. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:

sounds like a great meal!!  send me your address and I'll head up!!  enjoy your meal!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Was 10 above this morning. The lake is iced over. Deer must be quarantine. :angry2: :confused: :doah: haven't seen a one since the weekend. :confused: kids coming up tonight for round 2.; Thinking heading home Monday and call it a season 🦌 or no deer.

We filled our anterless tags. Nephew missed a buck Sunday morning. I hit a nice buck Sunday morning tracked it for over 4 hours then quit bleeding. :doah:  :angry2: still makes me sick thinking about it. First one ever.

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
That sucks glenn,lung shot (pink blood) or just a low nick(dark blood)  sheet happens.suspect a hot shower is in order by now eh?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from a walkabout our land and this track was on the edge of the yard and then down to the river.  Looks like something woke up a bear. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The back foot steps in the back of the front track. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Was 10 above this morning. The lake is iced over. Deer must be quarantine. :angry2: :confused: :doah: haven't seen a one since the weekend. :confused: kids coming up tonight for round 2.; Thinking heading home Monday and call it a season 🦌 or no deer.

We filled our anterless tags. Nephew missed a buck Sunday morning. I hit a nice buck Sunday morning tracked it for over 4 hours then quit bleeding. :doah:  :angry2: still makes me sick thinking about it. First one ever.

That's too bad Glenn.  At least you tried to find it.  That's all you can do. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That sucks glenn,lung shot (pink blood) or just a low nick(dark blood)  sheet happens.suspect a hot shower is in order by now eh?
yes a hot shower will be nice. Where there's a will there's a way. :happy1: some use baby wipes some take a whores bath. :nerd: 

Better be careful LPS.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoping he went by one of my trail cams.  We will check them tomorrow.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: some use baby wipes some take a whores bath. :nerd: 

P.T.A.  :embarrassed:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
There I was in my kitchen stand
When her boyfriend showed up. Hadn’t seen him all summer so slipped out to the garage stand

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
DEL  SHOOT HIM!!!!!!!     :crazy:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
My pellet gun wouldnt have done the job and my pop's 06  would have been way too loud...   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 this morning going for the mid 30's today..  not much going on so I'll be able to get the CS ribs and brats going so they can simmer all day..  have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 33* & are on our way to the mid - 40"s. Looks to be some rain in the fcast for us this afternoon as well. The city is coming around again for the last leaf pick up so I'd like to get some of our out to the curb before the rain comes. Probably be some golf & maybe a couple college games today too. Pretty good game last night, I watched.  :sleazy:   ;) :laugh: Nothin else now, have a good day!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Deer Camp Day 8. Had a great day yesterday. My brother shot a 9 point...........30 yards right behind my stand. Lucky chit. Dinner was awesome last night. See what the day brings, probaly load up tonight and head for home tomorrow. Got to pressure wash about 700 pounds of Hubbard Co. mud and ice off the frame and under carriage of the truck. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It's a windy 31 here right now.  Cooking bacon in the oven now.  Gonna check the trail cams today and hope we get a shot of that bear.  Golf watching high on the list today.  That game last night sucked Gunner.   :rotflmao:  My SIL had ACL surgery and may be all healed up now.  She needs to do the kicking for the Gophers I think.   :rotflmao:  Del that is a nice buck you have there.  Fun to watch.  Have a great day all of you.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We have been watching that buck, if it is indeed the same one, since he was a little spike and maybe before that.    The doe and two fawns come almost every day, but the buck will disappear for months at a time.  Might not come out in the daylight or maybe he goes somewhere else.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 this morning and only 31 for a high today..  my CS ribs and brats turned out very good yesterday so now I have a couple or so meals!!  didn't do much of anything else yesterday..  I do have a a few things to do today..  have a good day all... 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here and a strong NW wind this morning. I think that is the high for the day. Back in the stand again this morning. Back to work tomorrow. At least for 3 days anyway. Grandson and now the daughter are. Coming up Wednesday to hunt the final weekend. Otherwise I will be rocking in the tree for a few hours this am. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 34* here & we might  :scratch: warm up a degree or 2 from there. There's close to a 25 mph NW wind blowing now too, it was gusts around 40 earlier. Had planned on some more of the leaf detail for today but that's gonna have to wait. Been gettin a jump on some of the holiday shopping this week as things could get busy in December if the bother's Mayo appts go through. No Vikes today & the Masters looks like it's goin to be a runaway so I'll be doing some channel surfin. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: November 11/16/20, 08:00:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  So JB we are having coffee and talking about the wind.  Our little windmill was hardly moving.  I told the wife how you had said it was so windy.  About 5 minutes later the wind started howling here.  Guess it just took a few more minutes for it to get here.   :rotflmao:  I'm gonna do some spare ribs today.  I think I will do them on the Daniel Boone instead of the smoker.  Fun to use it for a change.  Will probably switch back and forth from the Masters to football this afternoon.  Buddy will take me for a walk or two I am sure too.  Would be fun to see Jacksonville beat Green Bay today. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's, maybe. Windy with winds gusting at 39 mph at the Waseca aiport .02" of precip at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. Did a day trip to Mom's but got a lot of small stuff moved out. Means I need to make room to absorb it here. Also had the new owners in so they could take a look at some of the things we didn't want. Was tickled that they took a lot of books. She home schools their kids and was happy to have them. Planning on doing putz projects inside & unload the pickup until the wind goes down. Was drizzling up until a little bit ago & just plain nasty.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 10 here this morning heading for the mid 20s today. Back in the ole salt mines today. At least until Wednesday. Then hunt for 4 days with the daughter and grandson. Otherwise nit much new here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 here and going for the mid 30's..   a few snow showers too..  got a few things done already this morning and I have a few more to go today..  found out last night the middle grandchild of my daughter had the covid..  sounds like a mild case so far.. and the the next youngest has severe asthma...  not a good time for that either..  have a good day all...

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh know Mike,does this effect your enrtire family? lock down for two weeks? hope the tyoungens pull through okay and hope family members dodged the bullet,

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no she lives in the Otsego area, my son  is in Monticello and I'm by Osalis...  so they are on their own, for now...  yes we hope for the best for any and all... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Darn Mike.  Hope their youth helps with the covid thing.  I just see on the news that there is another vaccine that could be ready in Dec if the FDA approves it.  Does not have to be super frozen like Phizer's and it is 94% effective with no known side affects.  1 shot not two.   :happy1: :happy1:  Well it is 15 here right now.  A little more shore ice forming on the Canada side of the river.  Some here too.   :happy1: :happy1:  No big plans for the day yet.  May warm the garage up and putz out there later on.  Have a great day.