Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952388 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 24* to start & 'sposed to get near 50* but the wind's gonna switch(NW) so it won't feel like it's that warm. The 1st of my early Xmas shopping showed up already Saturday thanks to Fed Ex & it looks like there's a couple more comin today. Going to work on the leaves on the east side of the house some this morning, after that we'll see. Hope everything turns out OK for your daughter's family, mike. No more now, have a good day!
« Last Edit: November 11/16/20, 09:57:16 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Nicer than yesterday at any rate when winds were clocked at up to 48 mph around 11 a.m. in Waseca. Got places made for most of the bigger stuff coming from Mom's. Tool organizer was a nice addition as I cleaned out a crap hole where things kept accumulating. Also burned a lot of stuff. Damp and windy it was a perfect day for it. Tossed a bunch of Indian corn 2nd's over the fence to the sheep as well as a bunch of pumpkins the Mrs. brought home from the flower shop. Inching closer to ready for winter... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterdays wind wasn't much of a factor while hunting yesterday. I actually made still hunting a lot easier.  Bumped into a number of deer and they didn't seem too concerned about my being in their bedrooms.  Cleaned and put away the rifle and will sort through my pack to set it back to bow stuff.  Probably will not go muzzleloader hunting as we dented the buck population enough for one year.  Left all my hunting gear out as I will probably go bow hunting later this year. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw plenty of deer over the weekend but they were all on the run after being disturbed both here and at Mom's. I mentioned I'd started a fire yesterday. Kept it going most of the day. Smoke was blowing right at the woods where some hunters were headed. Heard a lot of gunfire but they appeared to come out of it empty handed. Not sure what effect the fire might've had. Hopefully not much. Lotsa people had success including one gal who shot a nice old buck. It didn't have any teeth!  :shocked: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 13 here going for 30...  I did get a fair bit done yesterday, now to keep on going today..  I hear the wind has settled down today too..  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 11 here this morning heading for 26 last I seen. Well, I have to admit the wife called me a sell out last night. I watched the 2nd half of the vikes game. Just couldn't help myself. I guess at least I picked a game they won. Otherwise just another wonderful day in the salt mines dreaming about deer hunting. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin JB, didn't know the queens played last night? figured they played sunday,no interest this season here either.

lakes making ice up you're way? or is the wind keeping lakes open? Chilly start this morning,but 50's forcasted tomorrow,yippee.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Little slush along the shoreline on the big pond last night. I suppose about 1/4 mile out.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 22* & are headed towards 40*, I hear. Didn't get 'em all but the majority of the leaves were to the curb by 10 & the city was scoopin them up by ~2. :happy1: :cool: Not much in the works today, may do some wash later. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  We got our deer cut up last night and in the freezer. One package of backstrap is in the fridge and has a very good chance of falling on the Pitboss tonight or tomorrow night. Need to get the hides out of the truck and one carcess hung up in the tree behind the house before I take the truck to town and get the old plow mounted on it. The old "98" has seen it's better days. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:

P.S. I did watch the Vikes last night, sorry Lee.
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have about 30' of new shore ice this morning on the river.  I don't think it will last yet.  Great Vikes game yesterday since we won.  There were the moments that I thought oh no we are screwed now but they pulled it off.  Looks like a putzing around day.  Nothing major, just try to stay out of trouble.  It's another great day!  I hope Lee is ok....    :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........well back home from deer camp 2020. came back yesterday. a bit disappointing but it is what it is. after my experience a week ago i didnt see another deer until this past saturday afternoon driving to a different area, well my brother hunts the area, a doe standing in a guys yard. :doofus: then seen 5 more after dark driving back to the cabin. think i seen more grouse then deer!! :rotflmao:

saturday nite of opening morning my nephew showed me a video he took of a timberwolf roaming around in front of him, my brother also had a bobcat by him.

well time to put hunting stuff away and gear up for the ice season. i spent 12 days up there hunting, its the longest strech of time i,ve ever stayed at the cabin in one stretch, i like this retirement thing!!!! :happy1: monday morning when i left the lake was all locked up from what i could see.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 17 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Article written, proofed and sent. Had to make coffee for an older friend. He and a group of elderly types had been having morning coffee across the street at the elevator. One of the employees had been exposed to COVID so he had no place to go. Took a little more time to get everything done on this end but glad I did it. 10 years from now he might not be around. I might not either! Better keep at it. We're burnin' daylight as John Wayne used to say... :drillsergeant:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I went to help two other MDHA chapter members work on deer hides today.  The three of us cleaned and salted 180 hides.  My arms felt like jelly by the time we got finished. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 28 here going for the mid 40's today..  going into Alex this morning to resupply a few things..  other than that not a whole lot going on today..  just going to wait and see what comes down the tonight...  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 heading for around 40 today I is hearing. It is my Friday today. Daughter and grandson will be up tonight to deer hunt the final 4 days of the season. Hope the deer cooperate for them. Other than that. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Grand morning at that,beautiful sunrise mild temp,good day to be above ground.I'll take the 50 degrees forcasted.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 34* now & on our way to the mid- 50's. Lots of wind too. Not sure we made our high yday, if not we were close. Not much on my schedule for today so far, havta see what comes my way. Have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......papers are all read half da coffee is gone!!!! :coffee: :coffee: looks like a good day to do outside stuff, sounds like it my bt a bit breezy however.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid 50's. A warm up is underway so a good day to find some excuse to be outside, out of the wind. More 40 mph gusts on tap so should dry the soil surface off some. May make it conducive for more NH3 applications & some manure hauling for those so inclined. Need to charge the battery up for the lift & winch on my 22' trailer. Should help move wagons, tractors, etc., from Mom's a little more easily.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  The plow is on my newer truck, looks good. Need to move a trailer full of deer hides to the North side of the garage to get them in the shade in case it warms up. Hope to get rid of all of them tomorrow. A run to fleet to get dog food and a stop at the county garage to drop off something for a hunting buddy. After that lunch and a nap. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looking forward to a warm day.  That will melt some of the ice on the river but that's ok.  It will return.  Good luck hunting with the kids JB.  Sounds fun.  I bet they are really excited.  So what kind of truck did you put the plow on Markn?  I assume a GM since that is what you did have. I be it feels good to have a new plow truck.  Mine is an old 98 Dodge but runs good and works great.  Won't win any beauty contests though.   
« Last Edit: November 11/18/20, 09:20:51 AM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  LPS, I put it on my 2013 F 150. The old truck was getting very weak. It will be nice to have a working radio, wipers, brakes, heater, battery, starter, lincense, insurance just to name a few.The junkyard down the road from me only offered me $150.00 for it and that's with a brand new set of tires.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You going to take the tires off and sell them separately?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You will be in heaven plowing with all of those amenities Mark.  My previous truck had wiper, heater, etc. issues but got the job done.  Now with all of those things working on my current truck I don't even care if it snows.  Being retired makes it more fun too.   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
JB I’ll give the whole thing for $200.00.
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and he can deliver it too!!  sorry Mark had to do that!!~!  good luck on getting rid of it...   call Hwy 27 salvage just south of of Long Prairie...  they were always fair... 

on a side note I score a nice sheet pan with a rack for $10.00 at Target.  bacon time in the over!!!  along with chicken and such!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: how do you do bacon in the over?? :scratch: :moon: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You don't have to flip it when you do it in the over Glenn.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Cuz it is over.   LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: how do you do bacon in the over?? :scratch: :moon: :rotflmao:

slow and easy!!!  just like you!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: