Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905571 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning all... been a while... just checking in.
:happy1: :happy1: dont be bashfull!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Be a letdown after yesterday but any day above freezing this time of year is a moral victory. Fun & games at the ranch this a.m. Charged the battery on a trailer outside overnite. Checked it this a.m. Battery was fine but the charger wasn't working. Also had no power to the garage outlets. Plugged the charger in on another circuit and tripped the GFCI. Hmmm...finally located a GFCI in the garage hidden behind a dorm fridge that was popped so that problem solved. Was real damp this a.m. so figured the charger was wet. Looked closer and appeared a  :censored: bunny had chewed the cord.  If I just replace the end it'll wind up about 2' long!  :doah: Had the charger for 40+ yrs. so guess I can buy another one & replace the cord on the old one. Just what I need. More of that type of projects.  :rolleyes:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Be a letdown after yesterday but any day above freezing this time of year is a moral victory. Fun & games at the ranch this a.m. Charged the battery on a trailer outside overnite. Checked it this a.m. Battery was fine but the charger wasn't working. Also had no power to the garage outlets. Plugged the charger in on another circuit and tripped the GFCI. Hmmm...finally located a GFCI in the garage hidden behind a dorm fridge that was popped so that problem solved. Was real damp this a.m. so figured the charger was wet. Looked closer and appeared a  :censored: bunny had chewed the cord.  If I just replace the end it'll wind up about 2' long!  :doah: Had the charger for 40+ yrs. so guess I can buy another one & replace the cord on the old one. Just what I need. More of that type of projects.  :rolleyes:   
why not, you got nuttin else to do!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :evil: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all... been a while... just checking in.
:happy1: :happy1: dont be bashfull!!!! :happy1:

2nd that Glenn...   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,
That's the problem with the new fangled GFI stuff.  In the old days it would have fried the bugger.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought I had a bad outlet cuz it wouldn't work when I plugged in my pellet grill.  SO I took it apart and had to use a chisel to fit the new one in the same hole.  Was a pain.  Still didn't work.  Walked around on the deck and sure enough there was a GFI tripped.  The wife said did you get it fixed so I said yes.  I finally admitted to here about the GFI.  LOLOL

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,
That's the problem with the new fangled GFI stuff.  In the old days it would have fried the bugger.  :rotflmao:

The positive is the bunnies kept chewing the Christmas lights so I finally just gave up on that... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got back a bit ago from st cloud shopping with the wifey. i should be good for another 6-8 months!!!!! :doah: :doah: :pouty:

stopped at fleet farm and they had what i wanted  :dancinred: but man they where busy. then to the house of pizza, costco and cashwise. unlike Mikey, didnt need to stop at the liquor store!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

picked up the  turkey at costco for 95 cents a lb. cashwise had them for 77 cents a lb but they where the big honkers, the others where like 1.17 lb. we had been looking for new pots and pans and saved 50 bucks on a really nice heavy 13 pc set at costco. 150 bucks!

here in cold spring gas was 1.99 per gallon at all 3 stations, the holiday by cashwise in waite park was a 1.80 then with the discount from shopping at cashwise got it for a 1.73. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 12 here this morning heading for mid 30s today. Just waiting for everyone else to get up to go hunting. The lack of deer is. Ot helping to motivate anyone. Just crazy for the amount of deer that are usually around up here. Wish gas was that cheap up here. $2.14 in Warroad right now. Diesel is $2.34. well time to go shake the grandson up. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck jb!! Mornin peoples,  21 here at the moment.  Gotta funeral later but it'll be a hi by in and out ordeal I'm thinking. Probably hit up a few stores like Glenn did and then do my best impression of Griswold and hang some Xmas lights perhaps.  Have a good day gents!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 here going for 38..  I did get a few things done yesterday..  not sure what I have on the agenda for today yet..  have a good day all... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We are going turkey shopping today.  We like to get a 10-12 lber.  Now it sounds like that is what everyone wants so I hope we can find one.  Cold day here but seems pretty calm so that should help you get some deers JB.   :happy1:  Hope the kids can get some shooting in today.  The Gophers pulled it off last night.  Didn't look good for them but they lucked out on a few things.  You all have a good day today.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 22 at choretime heading for a high around 40. Bright sunshine so nothing wrong with that. Thanks for the heads up Barry. I better put the turkey in the fridge to thaw. Then need to get mentally prepared for another session at Mom's. Got a battery charger so the lift on the trailer should be ready to go. It was few minutes ago anyway. Need to unload a few things then toss the air compressor & a come along in. Weather could be crappy tomorrow so better git 'er done!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea sir, god luck JB, i noticed that also when i was up at deer camp for the week. seemed like they all of a sudden disappeared  :scratch: then all the deer we seen where after dark!!!

morning fellers..........today is grind up venision trimmings day. should change the oil in the wifeys car but thing i'll push that aff till tomorrow.  :smoking: :sleazy: whats the rush!!!!!! :rotflmao:

already got a half of pot of tanzanian coffee in me. and the kitchen half tore apart. momma's gonna go what the hell. when she wakes up. getting ready to move pots and pans around so i gave those places a good cleaning. its early yet so i might be able to think of more mischief!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it's 24* here & we're on our way to the mid-40's. Finally warmed up enough yday that I was able to hang my fall jacket out on the line to dry, didn't take long either. The Fed Ex, & UPS guys have been stopping here just about daily this week so I took a little time & wrapped a couple of the boxes early today. That way if we have room we can take a few of them up to Sis's on Thursday. She called yday asking if we still were comin after Timmy's latest press conference, going to be just 5 of us, & I told her we're still in. That's all from this side of the border, have a great Saturday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We are going turkey shopping today.  We like to get a 10-12 lber.  Now it sounds like that is what everyone wants so I hope we can find one.  Cold day here but seems pretty calm so that should help you get some deers JB.   :happy1:  Hope the kids can get some shooting in today.  The Gophers pulled it off last night.  Didn't look good for them but they lucked out on a few things.  You all have a good day today.
good luck on your turkey hunt LPS!!!!! :rotflmao: not sure how the stores are doing there turkey sales but from what i seen those smaller birds are higher priced then the bigger ones. had we not already bought ours at costco i would have tried to convince the wife to get a bigger bird at 77 cents a lb. lots of things you can do with leftover turkey meat!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess we will get a turkey but the size is the question then.  I remember what was probably the first year the wife and I had our own Thanksgiving together.  I took out the frozen turkey 2 days early and put it in the fridge in the garage.  I thought that was plenty of time.  When I tried to get the giblets out of the bird on cooking day they were still frozen solid and had to leave them in the bird and start cooking.  Once it thawed some in the oven I got them out.  What a confusing ordeal that was.  I think the bird turned out ok but took a long time.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i had that happen years ago when we still had the camper. i was good friends with the owners and they always had a fish fry on the 4th of july. he wanted me to grill 3 turkeys.
so assuming he knew better  :mad1: :doah: i never bothered to check if he took them out to thaw out.

the night before i asked, they where still in the freezer rock solid!!! :doah: :confused: man what a scramble that was to get them thawed out. alot of his hot water!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey at least you guys remembered to take the giblets out, my first bird they stayed in... :smoking:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey at least you guys remembered to take the giblets out, my first bird they stayed in... :smoking:
when i put a turkey on the charcoal grill i leave then in. then they get cooked up for soup!!!!!! :happy1: 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
watched a deep fried turkey explode in the hot oil, they didn't dry the bird...  that thing really boiled over!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You hear a lot about accidents doing turkeys in oil.  My brother did turkeys that way one year.  May have been the best turkey I ever had.  Nice dark color to the bird too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i used to do them too, damn they where tasty. took alot of oil though and you couldnt do one bigger than 15 lbs. i always injected them like i did one one the grill.  :happy1:

we had a couple people that loved the wings, so we cut them off, and threw them in the oil when the rest of the bird was about 15 minutes from being done. if i remember right the magic temp to keep the oil at was 375. you could tell when it was getting close to being done as the temp of the oil would slowly start creeping up!!!!!!!

we found peanut oil worked the best!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn i am pooped. just got done grinding and doing my venision
trimmings. 10 lbs of plain burger, mixed 6 lbs venision with 4 lbs 85/15 burger. next time i think i'll do the 70/30 burger.

my sausage should be about 12 lbs worth. 5 lbs ground pork 7 lbs venison trimmings. added 2 packages of the LEM backwoods breakfast sausage seasoning and mixed it up good. thats currently melding till tomorrow..

got done with that then made grasshoppers for our turkey day feast.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job Glenn.  SO you are already making cocktails for Thanksgiving?  Or just sampling recipes of cocktails for Thanksgiving?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: oh I sampled. :happy1: can't just whip them up the day of. It consists of vanilla ice cream, some milk and creme de menthe.  Put in kitchenaid and blend. Then back to the freezer. Bartender/ cook approved. Any leftovers goes for Gramps bedtime snacks afterwards. :sleazy: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here and that will be the high today..  got about 1/4 inch of snow and not sure if we got any rain..  makes wonder how the roads are?  I did get a few things done yesterday and maybe I will today too..  have a good day all!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and that should be the high for the day. Back in the stands we are for the final morning. Still hoping for some deer for the kids. Had a gut wrenching moment yesterday morning. Daughter has been sitting in my favorite spot and has been watching ravens and eagles down at the end of the clearing. To make a long story short. The first Monday of season I was sitting there and thought I shot a deer down at the end of the clearing. It was the end of the evening and getting dark when I walked down and looked. I could not find anything. Hair blood nothing. So I went back to the blazer and got my spot light and went back. Still could not find anything. Looked around the area. Never could find anything. Well the wife and daughter found it yesterday. I was probably only 20' away from it. The only I never did was look in the daylight. But I could never find any blood either. Think I need to find some bullets that will expand for my 7mm. Well here's to another fine day. Have a good one boys.

Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's to bad Jb.. hope the day goes good for all of ya hunting!!!