Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901477 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
awe bummer JB, i know the feeling. i sure hope my buck survived!!!!! i know it still bothers me.

good luck this morning.

morning fellers, papers read, meds done and i got a good start to the coffee. temps not bad when i went out to get the paper, dont think we even got the 1/4 inch mike, far cry from the 1 to 2 inches they forecasted.  :doofus: got up during the nite and it was a rain snow combo.

only things planned today  is to change oil in the wifes car and patty up my sausage, throw in the freezer then package and wrap tommorrow, then football.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 31* here & still aimin for the mid-40's. It was pretty nice by ~ 10 here yday so I took a stroll around the neighborhood to see what was goin on. Watched Ohio St/Indiana game & actually thought Indiana was gonna come back from 28-7 at the 1/2 to win but they fell just short. :pouty: Did get to watch the Hawkeyes pretty much maul Purdue after that though. :happy1: :cool: The late game, Clemson/ND, was a good 1 too. A couple things to do do this am before it's NFL time so I better roll. Have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday I helped a friend build a generator/gas tank box for his fish house. Between that and working on hides, pretty much took up all the daylight.  Probably will have a lazy day today and just tinker around the place putting stuff away that I won't be using over the winter.  Cheers. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well you got a rack out of it!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got a skiff of snow last night.  Things are whiter but I can still see grass sticking up through it so not too much here.  Still some wet spots in the middle of the river.  We went to the Falls yesterday and about 15 miles east of here the river is wide open.  We did get a turkey so all is well there.  They are remodeling our grocery store here in town and it will be great when it is done.  A big expansion.  I think it is about a 2 million dollar project.  They are staying open during it too so quite a challenge.  Thinking I will start a fire in the shop today and watch football.  May also do a couple of fatties.  Let me reword that.  I may do a couple of bacon wrapped fatties.  Does that sound any better?  LOL  You all have a great day!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning every one. spent the day sat. removing equipment and setting up MLnstand. and butchering deer. nowninhave a brisket on the grill and amnstuffing and making chillie dog sausage! hopeneveryone is good!! have a great day!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Evening gang! Had 34 at choretime & topped out with a high in the low 40's. Got one load of stuff back from Mom's last nite. Didn't like flying under the cover of darkness but everything was battened down pretty well. At least he lights worked.  Was shocked 2 of the tires on the wagon were still up. The flat ones also held air after being pumped up. I already have a Kovar quack digger in better shape. The one on the trailer got run over out in Mom's pasture by my dipsquit bro. in law but has a nice evener on it. Also salvaged a couple sections of drag from Dad's 5 section Kewanee drag. Got it unloaded and put away this afternoon. One more major load coming after I finish cutting around the Lark. Hopefully the tires on the tandem disk hold air too. Finners crossed...

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure how to tell ya this but there are no tires on the stude!!!! good luck Dotch!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 18 here going for about 30..  thinking about going down to St. Cloud and visit costco this morning..  just not sure I want too...  I did get a few things done yesterday and have a few on the list today too..  have a good day all!!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here this morning heading for mid 20s today. We never did add anymore venison to the deer pole. Been a tuff season this year. Was really hoping the grandson would get one. But at least ha is talking about next year already. So that is a good sign that he didn't get discouraged. Well, another day back in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  You are a great uncle JB.  It is a dark morning here.  Overcast and 12 now.  I have some pkgs to ship today so that will get me going. Darn Vikes lost to the lowly Cowgirls.  Not much to say about that.  Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Markn!!  nice sign at the end of your drive way!!!  went to FF yesterday and going home drove by your place about 3...  didn't see anyone so didn't stop.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Markn!!  nice sign at the end of your drive way!!!  went to FF yesterday and going home drove by your place about 3...  didn't see anyone so didn't stop..
just maybe he was warned!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

morning fellers.........turkey day week. couple of dentist appts this week, one today!!!!! finish wrapping venison today and a trip to fleet farm. momma has an appt to go get the enhanced drivers license, hope we got all her stuff they need. :confused: :doofus: i'll see how that goes and maybe go and do mine even if its not time for renewal yet. :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 18 here going for about 30..  thinking about going down to St. Cloud and visit costco this morning..  just not sure I want too...  I did get a few things done yesterday and have a few on the list today too..  have a good day all!!!
better off going today then tommorrow if the weather terrorists are even close to there weather forecast.

oh, make a list and dont stray from it.........dont as me how i know!!!!!! :pouty: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: bring your own boxes, bags to if you think you need them.

we bought new pots and pans there this last trip, the set we wanted was on sale for 150.00 and my sweet talking they let us have the display model. in the sunday paper Kohls had the same set/brand on sale for 250.00 and that set had 11 pieces, our was a 13 piece set. :happy1:

so far i am impressed twith costco, not so much the liqour store. yea they had my beer there and for the same price you can get it on sale at the westside or cashwise liquor store, but they had alot of oddball stuff there, in my opinion anyway!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Headed to town for muzzel loader lincense and several other items for up coming weekend. Mike, if my truck is in the driveway I'm home. Won't ride with the Mrs. in her car. Too dangerous. :rotflmao:
 I'll donate one of those signs if you'd like to set one up. Let me know. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mark your truck was there..  and yer right Glenn, was thinking about the weather too, so I'm heading out shortly... 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
off I go into the wild blue yonder!!!   later all!!!  :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we've got 20* & may get near 40*. :scratch: Some precip in our fcast too, startin ~ midnight & mixing with some rain about sunrise so it could be a little slick 'round here early tomorrow. Close to 4" for us, last I heard. A little runnin to do, other than than that there's not much on the list. Hopin your Monday's a good 1!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Bright sunshine again today ahead of some wintry weather then nice for Thanksgiving into the weekend again. What doncha like about that? Ya mikey, I noticed there were no wheels on the Lark. Surprisingly enough tho, I have all the wheels for it. Might need to scare up some lug nuts but we're not going to pull it around if we can help it. Plan is to put the Binford pallet fork extensions on either the mega-skidsteer or the Bisexual (bidirectional) & just pick it up from the side. With the H-frame Stude was still using, the weight being ~2500 lbs., & the car being up out of the dirt, should be doable. It's an organ donor for the '60 Lark in the garage. The main thing is to be careful to save the trim & the glass. The trim is pristine, better than anything one can find right now in a salvage yard & the glass is intact.

Took the neighbor's cat back down the hill yesterday. Didn't want it to get caught in the alternator belt on the pickup. Was a little tough to get it to go in the Buick. Remember, as the days get colder, animals are attracted to the warmth of your vehicle. So make sure you check wheel arches or other hiding places before starting your engine.

« Last Edit: November 11/23/20, 11:34:32 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what a fast run to St. Cloud...  but when I'm alone I get it done...  got what I needed and a few extras, but couldn't find one thing..  it was out of stock and won't be ordered again..  oh well.. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats my kinda shopping mike. Afternoon peoples,  was a good day gots lots done know chucking some za's in the oven. Wanted to go chase roosters tomorrow after seeing Dr. Fondler ( DOT health card) but looking like its gonna be a rain out so maybe it'll be a trip to sheels instead. Oh yeah,  I did download that covid app they're yapping about on the tube, we'll see how that works out....See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen some thing about an app, but didn't look it... what is supposed to do for us?? 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered that too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks to me like like it will let ya know if you have been exposed..  so it's tracking you???  not sure.........

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much sums it up, although they worded it "tracing ". Sounds like other countries have been doing it a while.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen something about it on the news. Didn't catch the very first part but Yea what Mike says us the brunt of it. Not sure if I would consider it tracking but maybe this contract tracing???

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
two words, "big brother"............. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOLOL  If you have a cell phone you have been tracked since you got it.  That is if anyone is really interested in what you do.  Nothing new.  BUT joining a group like that just lets more people know where you are and what you do.  May be beneficial, who knows. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Leaving it alone here. No telling what might happen. Wanna go for a train ride? Take a shower?  :scratch: In the meantime: