Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4941619 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  coffee and a 2 mile stroll is all wrapped up. We started a painting project in the cave yesterday,  momma painted the fireplace bricks a two tone and i started the walls. The basement is lined with wainscoting which looks nice but im not sure its gonna go with the new color. Anywho got a 6 lb brisket flat going in the smoker shortly... See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's this afternoon. I'll be heading to Mom's place to finalize the tree cutting to get at the Stude & pump up the tires on the disk to see if they'll hold air. Hoping to get both out of there in the next couple weeks with a friend's help using his bidirectional. Brother got one of the Co-Op (Cockshutt) tractors hauled out yesterday so we're making headway. Be a nice day to be outside at any rate. Have a good un!   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks to be a real nice day.  The wife wants to have a fire so that will be fun.  I fished for an hour last night with my buddy.  He caught a 16" and we had a couple of bites we missed.  Was a nice night so sit on the river.  Oh ya, as in the puppy thread I have a pup coming.  Super excited about it. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Laptop is acting up so posting from phone could look a bit boaraneze. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nuttin much planned for today. Fire and beer, but first a little remodel job on the fire pit with the new fire ring  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 32* to begin the day & we'll top out just north of 50*, I'm hearin. :scratch: They were busy at Shopko Optical, so was a lot of others, as it's the end of their annual 40% off sale but I got there early & even got in a little early. :cool: New specks for ~ 1/2 price this time since my insurance covers part. :happy1: Did some wash this am already & even hung some of it outside. Not much else from this neck of the woods, have a good 1!
« Last Edit: November 11/28/20, 09:26:18 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and that is the high for today..  the wind was sure cranking over night!!  even with the sleep machine going I could hear it..  glad I got my grilling done yesterday!!  not sure what I have going on over all today but I'm sure I'll figure it out..  have a good day all!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  After I read your post Mike I looked and it is 26 here and dropping all day too.  And it is windy here also.  We had a great time yesterday with our fire and a few cocktails.  Real nice day.  I did get my piles of wood I had scattered in the woods split up so that feels good too.  Got a nice stack in the garage/shop too.  Have about 3 cords piled up outside too.  Should be good for winter.  Didn't get our ribeyes grilled yesterday.  We had turkey one more time.  I am turkeyed out but still liking the dressing I made.  Nailed it this year.  SO today will be ribeye day.  Mayhaps I will sous vide it.  Then put a nice sear on it.  The one time I did that it was the most tender steak I ever had.  Blame it on Delman.  Well have a great Sunday and go Vikes!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 24 here and like Barry said really windy today. Started blowing pretty good last night. Made a nice big open strip of water out on the big pond. Got done smoking all our stuff about 11:30 last night. Smoked polish sausage and curlys codie's snack sticks. Today will vacuum pack up the snack sticks and then see what the day bro gs from there. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 27* for us & that'll be the high too. Looks like they've backed off on our winds today as I looked @ the hourly & it said winds < 15 mph here. They said we hit 52* yday & I believe 'em as there were a lot of people outside yday afternoon about 2 when I went for a stroll around the neighborhood. Nothin planned today, so it'll be a mikey ;) kind of day :cool:, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Cloudy and windy here too. Not much on the agenda for today. Boil up turkey carcass for soup and watch the vikes. Should be enough soup to split it, one just plain turkey noodle soup and the other to add my world famous soup starter. :sleazy: I saved the juice from the roaster, strained it, let it chill in the frig and got rid of most the grease and butter. Should give it extra flavor. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good evening gang! 32 at choretime and held steady until it started falling in the late afternoon. Got a lot accomplished overt the weekend. Finished the job of cutting the Studebaker out of the brush with the chainsaw yesterday. Also pulled the critical trim off of the car & found the rest of the rims for it. Also got the tires on the IH #37 disk aired up and pulled it around so it's ready to be loaded. Amazed the tires held air the way they looked. This a.m. I hauled 3 ewes to a guy who'd asked about them earlier this summer. This afternoon I loaded up the ewes, ram & feeding equipment from the kindly neighbors' pasture & brought them home. Tuckered tonite but it's a good tired.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for ya Dotch!!  I'm sure when ya cook tonight the Mrs. will help ya all she can!!!!    :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Whatcha doin wit all the stuff dotch, starting you very own "...." pile.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Whatcha doin wit all the stuff dotch, starting you very own "...." pile.   :rotflmao:
:super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 5 to start the day here heading for 27 today. Boy the wind sure wreaked havoc with the ice on the lake yesterday. At one point there was a ton of open water then all ice from the north came slamming in. Looks like a pretty good mess out there last I looked. Got most of our sausage made. Just waiting for casing to show up to finish the summer sausage this weekend. Back to a full week in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 this morning and might hit 30..  but at least the wind has settled down!!  not sure what I have going on today but I guess I'll figure it out as the day goes on..  the ice sure took a hit from the wind yesterday, lost about 50 percent of what was there..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's a balmy 19* here & we'll be lucky to break 30* here too today. There's a couple errands I'd like to get done this AM, lookin like a pretty mellow day after that. Have a good day!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
hard frost this morning,crisp cold air but it feels good above ground.cool temps forcasted all week making ice every night,get your flasher batteries charged up.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 20 at choretime heading for a high around 30. Payroll & bill paying mode this forenoon then see what's in store this afternoon. Plenty of things to do around home yet before winter sets in for good. No doubt, we're getting an accumulation of stuff from the home farm. Some of it's slightly used but still usable. Used to be that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach. Little known fact that it's actually through his junk!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/30/20, 09:20:44 AM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup it is a cold one today.  Have some work to do this morning and then less to do this afternoon.  I have to run to town to do some stuff so will let the ol Ford warm up for awhile first.  The Vikes game was sure up and down but glad we pulled off a win.  Didn't look good for awhile.  Have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning..........................................

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wouldja look at the time? On November 30th 1979, Pink Floyd released The Wall. Collective brain cells would never be quite the same after that... :doah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xTttimcNk

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
love that album!!!!!!!!! er CD!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
love that album!!!!!!!!! er CD!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Collection of bits....   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 16 here and going for the low 30's they say..  I'm good with that..  not much going on today, but I am going to get my hair cut this morning, getting shaggy...  got a few other things on the agenda for today too..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 11 here this AM heading for low 30s also. It was a bright moon shinny night last night. Not much on the agenda except for another fun day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  12 here now.  Warroad radio said it is 24 there.  Quite a difference for 36 miles.  All night long it seemed like we forgot the yard light on with the full moon and the snow on the ground lighting it up.  Have to run to town today and may do some fishing later this afternoon.  Would like a fresh batch of fish to eat.  You all have a good day and stay warm.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just getting ready for what will be another trip to the land.  Maybe squeeze in some hunting between working on logs and cutting some iron wood and diamond willow. The weather is perfect for stomping in the woods. No wind, pure sunshine and just around the freezing mark. I will take it any day. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***