Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905471 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Down to -13 right now.  Glad it is not real windy.  This should get you some ice JB.  I took the seat off my sled yesterday.  Hope to get the new one on when I get time between pup duty.  LOL  Have to go to town to do some shipping today.  I will let it warm up some first.  Man GB whooped on the Titans last night.  I watched most of it but not all.  Too late for me.  Glenn this pup program would have been a lot easier in the summer.  Why didn't you tell me that.  LOL  The good thing is by summer they will be able to have more fun as they will be bigger.  Buddy is tolerating him better each day but they are still not good friends.  Of course the pup likes to follow him around but knows not to push it too far.  Stay warm out there!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 8 at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Coming off another ballbuster weekend cleaning out the building site at Mom's. A lot of heavy lifting with furniture coming down two flights of stairs from the attic. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel tho. Roll off was getting full late yesterday afternoon when I left. Had treated the lamb for pneumonia & chilling Friday that was born during the storm. Got that situation stabilized and lamb back with his mommy. Moved them into the main barn when I got home before chores last nite. Went inside, had leftover lasagna then zonked out watching football.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Leftover lasagna is the best lasagna!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Followed closely by leftover oyster stew!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had 2* when I got up and 5* when I left for work. It was -8 when I went to bed last night. Was a nice crisp night outside last night. I love them calm cold crisp nights with the bright moon.  :happy1: Got the big fish house all cleaned up and ready to go last night. For some reason it was full of dead flies this fall. Looks all spiffy now. Hopefully we made some decent ice so that can head out on the lake this weekend. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 6 outside going for 20, and of course snow..  hard to believe it's been 6 years since my wife passed away..  time sure flies by..  go to show try not to take things for granted and embrace more..  I have a few things to do to day, besides watch it snow :rotflmao:  my gumbo turned out good, been awhile since I've made it..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 15* at the moment & we're headed for 24*. We're under a Winter Storm Warning starting at noon & lasting until noon tomorrow with storm totals varying from 4-7" to 6-10". Gonna be the wet heavy stuff too!  :pouty: A couple little things to start my day again today, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: December 12/29/20, 08:17:02 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..............sorry to hear that Mike!!!!!!!!!!! :doah: it was 3 years christmas eve for my grandson.

not much cooking for today. get stuff ready to head north. thinking it'll be thursday now. weather people say is gonna be -15 below tonight then warm up. i can wait a day!!!! maybe not my wife though!!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I went out and got a fire started so I can work out in the shop some today when Cooper is sleeping in his little area the wife made for him.  He actually likes his quiet time in there.  Today for the first time when I let him outside to pee Buddy went out and lead him around.   :happy1: :happy1:  He is starting to get interested in the kid.  So cool!  Man the south wind is really blowing here.  Looks like a couple of inches here but who knows till it is done.  Thinking you must be at the cabin Gunner with that snow report you gave us.  If so maybe Glenn can stop over for a shower when he is up at his cabin.   :rotflmao:  Time for my Raisin Bran.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope still south of the border, most computer models show us very close to the NW edge of the real heavy totals. Seen fcasts of 1' or more along I 80 south of us. :crazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember that too Glenn.. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I went out and got a fire started so I can work out in the shop some today when Cooper is sleeping in his little area the wife made for him.  He actually likes his quiet time in there.  Today for the first time when I let him outside to pee Buddy went out and lead him around.   :happy1: :happy1:  He is starting to get interested in the kid.  So cool!  Man the south wind is really blowing here.  Looks like a couple of inches here but who knows till it is done.  Thinking you must be at the cabin Gunner with that snow report you gave us.  If so maybe Glenn can stop over for a shower when he is up at his cabin.   :rotflmao:  Time for my Raisin Bran.
shadow had a really good day yesterday. the sheltie is starting to tolerate him more.......but not much yet. this morning he's been a loose cannon!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 14 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Snow likely for the afternoon with accumulations of 1"-3". Debating whether I want to put the chain back on the snowblower or just punt & use the skidsteer. Be a lot easier on the hands and less likely to lose small clips and cotter pins to replacing the chain when it's warmer Sunday or Monday. And to put the chains on the tractor. Raisin bran should lower your need for stool softener Barry!  :happy1: 

After 15 of the last 16 weekends and some days in between, looks like the last weekend of cleaning up at Mom's.  I talked to the buyer yesterday whom I get along with very well. He wondered why it had taken us so long to get the place cleaned up. I pointed out an example: Sunday younger brother and I were shucking stuff out of the granary as fast as we could. We tossed oodles of sponge mop handles with the hardware attached in the skidsteer bucket. Crap was piling up and we wondered why it wasn't being hauled away to be dumped in the roll off toot sweet. Here's my older brother dicking around trying to break the metal off the mop handles so it could be put in scrap for recycling.  :doah: We got him back on task but not too tough to figure out why the messes had gotten worse after we'd leave.       

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so does that mean the buyer is taking the place as is now Dotch??  good to hear yer done!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It started spittin :snow1: about 12:30 & is just now gettin more serious.
« Last Edit: December 12/29/20, 01:54:45 PM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
radar shows snow, but nothing coming down here yet... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Roads are 100% snow covered in the southern 1/2 of the state already. Around a foot or more a lot places down there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just started snowing here

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been snowing for an 1 1/2 now..  roads are covered some now..  not much for an amount yet..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe just a snow mist here if that.  Strong south winds all day have loosened up the snow on the roofs so that is blowing off making it look like it is snowing. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It was pretty much done by ~ 6, still an occasional flurry, might be 2" on the ground @ 8. :happy1: :cool:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like maybe up to 3 inches of snow..  19 here and that looks like the high for today too.. cleaned the sidewalk between the garage and house and the raked the roof where it needs it about 830 last night and the snow added a bit more after that..  so moving snow will high on the agenda today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 16 here and I believe that may be it for today. I am guessing 2-3 inches of snow overnight. Probably just be a pack it down snow. Doubt I will move it unless the wind picks up and makes drifts in the yard. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guyz,it was spin city this morning from forest lake to white bear lake, idiots driving they're little all wheel drive vehicles like it a hot  summer day,good grief,black ice on bridges big time,stay safe folks.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to run to town after plowing driveway. Need to pick up some spices I don't have for a brisket I purchased yesterday. Thanks for the recipe Mike. Thinks I'll do half tomorrow for New Years. Then need to get some work done for our banquet in two weeks as long gov timmy still approves. Later.. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 26* & that's the high for the day too. I haven't heard what our total snowfall was but Mason City reported 3.5" so I guessin we're closer to 4". I was out late yday afternoon & it didn't seem like it was that much to me. It was a lot lighter/fluffier than expected so the wind raised some cane with it. We'll be cleanin it up in a little bit, just heard a plow go by too. Not a lot else on the calendar today, have a good 1!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
any time Markn!!  thinking we got closer to 4 inches after shoveling the sidewalks..  just have the snow blowing left to do over all..  was going to go to Alex today but might wait till tomorrow..  I'm in no rush..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers ........thinking thats what we got here 4 inches. some insulation for the lawn and flowers!!!!!!!

finish cleaning up the snow, then start getting things ready to head to the northland tomorrow morning.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like 3-4" here in the driveway.  The little trouble maker woke the wife up around 3 this morning.  He used to sleep all night.  So she took him outside and she shoveled the deck.  How great is that???  I will plow up the drive today after I am done here.  I am curious to hear how your brisket turns out Mark.  I still haven't done one but would like to.  Have a good one.