Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4945861 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning boys.  Looks like 3-4" here in the driveway.  The little trouble maker woke the wife up around 3 this morning.  He used to sleep all night.  So she took him outside and she shoveled the deck.  How great is that???  I will plow up the drive today after I am done here.  I am curious to hear how your brisket turns out Mark.  I still haven't done one but would like to.  Have a good one.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: now i dont feel like i'm the only one with a troublemaker!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: mine hasnt did the middle of the night thing yet. but he's did everything else though!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao:

i'm leaving him withthe wife when i head north but taking the sheltie!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just came in from shovelin the front walk & I'm thinkin :scratch: we got closer to 5" here. It wasn't too bad though as it isn't the wet/heavy stuff. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to run to town after plowing driveway. Need to pick up some spices I don't have for a brisket I purchased yesterday. Thanks for the recipe Mike. Thinks I'll do half tomorrow for New Years. Then need to get some work done for our banquet in two weeks as long gov timmy still approves. Later.. :happy1: :happy1:
good luck Mark with the banquet. hope it works out but i get the feeling he aint gonna let his foot off the brake pedal unfortunately. :doofus: especially with larger crowds.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning gang! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Just a hair under an inch of snow in Bugtussle, melted down to .04" of liquid equivalent precip. A touch more snow, 1.1" at the ranch, still melting it down yet. End of the year pre-pay stuff going on today and yesterday. Got another shipment of Jack Rudy's tonic syrup yesterday so I'm set for New Year's once that tanker of gin shows up!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my snow done for this round!!  :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my snow done for this round!!  :happy1:
me too!!!!!!!!! after i grab a bite to eat, i'll go check to see if my kid cleaned out moms house. guess she's headed back this way sat.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Where's she been? :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Where's she been? :confused:
in wisconsin with her hubby, my stepdaddy!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wait he lives in Wic and she lives by you??   :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wait he lives in Wic and she lives by you??   :confused:
yep. he's lived there for a long time. has alot of acreage and butts up to the apple river. he was a 3M engineer.

they were high school classmates. they need to seem to have a class reunion every 5 years  :crazy: :doofus: then they figured out both there spouses passed away from cancer.......one thing led to another. got married in 2016 but mom kept her last name and whats her's is mine and my brothers!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and whats his is his. she keeps the house and comes back for 4-5 days to maybe a week, week and a half a time sometimes he comes back to others not, works for them so..................

that guy is one hell of a talent when it comes to woodworking. i seen some of the rocking horses he's made............he gets like 5 grand apiec for them.there awesome. he made an urn for my chocolate lab out of black walnut!! :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/30/20, 02:25:45 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 17 here going for 20..  and no snow...  going to make a run to Alex this morning and get a few things..   other than that not much going on..  I'll let the last day of this year go as it wants too...  have a good day all!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples gots the day off and it great to sleep in. Gotta few errands to run but im hoping to chase some tip ups about noon. The oldest is coming over later for new years grub and we'll wet some more lines tomorrow.  Have a great day gents!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Getting the truck loaded. Should be pounding pavement north by 7:30. :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Have fun up nort Glenn. Had 16 when I got up this morning heading for low 20s they say. I am heading out of here at noon today. I want to go see how thick the new ice is and maybe get my big house out before the crew gets here. I decided to move snow last night. Having the nice edge along the driveway makes it easier to see when backing trailers in. And they will be backing their trailer in when they get here. Otherwise here is to a Happy New Years boys!  :toast:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Brisket hit the grill at 7:15. See how it goes, I'm only doing half of it. Pictures later. Need to call Hornady to see if I can get some parts for my FIL's old reloader. Other than that no plans for the rest of the day other than HH here might start a bit earlier today. Happy New Years everyone. Sure hope 2021 is better than 2020. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
same to you mark!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is about 15 here right now and calm.  Very cloudy too.  May get a dusting of snow tonight but not much.  The pup is sleeping and the wife just left for work so just enjoying my coffee.  I have to run to town for a quick stop.  May get the snowmobile seat finished today.  We don't go out on NYs Eve so will spend a nice cozy night at home.  Will have lobster and cole slaw etc. but not till tomorrow when we have more time to make it.  Have a good day all of you!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 20* now & on our way to 22*, I guess. Some good news already today in that the next storm they were fcastin for us is now takin aim at Lee & gonna stay SE of us. Got a couple things in mind for early today & will be followin mike's recipe for the rest of the day. May check out HH for a bit later :scratch:, if for no other reason but to say goodbye to 2020. It will be an early 1 though, hopin your NY's Eve is a good 1!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 20 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. The sun is supposed to shine yet too so we'll see. Nothing too major planned for tonite altho we are getting together with 4 friends for a few hours. Hope Ellison doesn't try to bust us! Signed papers on the last property we had at Spring Valley this a.m. Kinda bittersweet. Good to have it over but by the same token it's the end of a long presence and mostly good memories. One last trip on Saturday to get the few items that need to come back to the ranch with me. I will be so glad to be done with that part. Then it'll be time to move on to another chapter and see where it takes us I guess.  :confused:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my running done in Alex,, man was that town quiet!!!  wait till later I'll bet..  but I got shopping done in record time I think!!   :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from doing my end of the year bank deposits, bill paying, etc. In the meantime right during lunch I get a call from the older brother. Blew him off then he called right back. Thought maybe it was something urgent so I answered. Here he was all concerned that there was no language in the contract about the LP that was in the tank on the building site. WTF?!?!?! People don't operate like that out here in the country. The LP in the tank is just part of the deal. For starters the co-op isn't going to come and pump it out and asking for additional money for the LP in the tank after being granted extra days by the buyer to clean the place up is simply ludicrous.  If he screws this deal up at the 11th hour I'm done. He's on his own.  :angry:   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
People really have different ways of doing things don't they???? 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like he woulf take some body's last nickels!!   :tut: :thumbs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
People really have different ways of doing things don't they???? 
:doofus: :crazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just went and got a beer and decided after HH today I won't be drinking any more beer in 2020..  oh wait, in less than 8 hours it will be 2021!!!  oh yea!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :Clap: :rocker; :toast:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is quite a commitment Mike.  You do mean when you run out of the 3 cases you bought to get you till midnight right?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is quite a commitment Mike.  You do mean when you run out of the 3 cases you bought to get you till midnight right?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

even in my younger days there was no way I could consume that much beer in 6 1/2 hours!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, All I can say is wow.  Not sure what goes through some peoples minds.  I suspect he wants to take the outlet covers as well. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to Hubbard Co. with snowmobile in tow. Just need to finish packing the truck. Going to see if we can get a ride in, maybe check the woods for a future coyote hunt this winter. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 6 here going for 27..  going to Monticello this afternoon to the son's place.. one final christmas gathering and just a good get together..  looks a good day to travel too..  not much going on this first day of 2021..  and that's fine by me..  have a good day all!! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!