Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901927 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime topping out at 34. Heavy wet snow and too much of it. 7.6" at the ranch and 6.3" in Bugtussle proper. More like a March snowfall in terms of water content. .76" of liquid equivalent at the ranch & .63" in Bugtussle. Typically January snow here contains half that amount or less. The plus side was it was so heavy the wind really didn't blow it around much. I didn't even try the blower on it, just pushed some paths through it with the skidsteer. Slick underneath & not much clearance so easy to get stuck or slide sideways down the slopes with relatively bald tires. Hopefully it'll cool off some & I can blow things out more to my liking tomorrow.  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow! Snowed a lot more over your way!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We did have a solid 4" here.  I just went down to the fish house and the water was over the rubber bottom part of my boots.  I turned the propane off.  Now hopefully we do get some colder weather to freeze things up on the river.  I had to do two passes with my sled to pack down a spot so I wouldn't sink when I got off of it.  It worked out and I got out of there ok. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So LPS, did it look like this when you where done  :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

I was surprised. When I went out ~ 10 last nite for lamb check there was a little more than an inch. Was drizzling a little bit ago in town & now I see some flurries.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
water on the ice out front here too..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I was surprised. When I went out ~ 10 last nite for lamb check there was a little more than an inch. Was drizzling a little bit ago in town & now I see some flurries.  :huh:
just maybe iffin ya'd lead a cleaner lifestyle like me things like that wouldn't happen. :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So LPS, did it look like this when you where done  :confused:

It isn't that bad yet Glenn but water is showing up where there was 6" or more of snow. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  tgif for sure. Not sure what we got fer snow,  pretty wet and settled when I got home and fired up the chucker.  Ya the ice around these parts havnt changed much since new years, this is the last weekend of bustin in the cave so hoping to get out the next. Anywho gots to get some thighs ready ta grill... see ya !!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Evenin peoples, had 1 of those days today. :banghead: It started with a problem with the water heater & ended with an issue with the snow blower. On the downhill slide now but had to do a 1:00 run to GR in order to take the Husqvarna to L & M. CR 35 wasn't very good startin out but Mn 46 was good. I'd swear 'bout every other rig goin the other way had either a wheelhouse, toy hauler, sled, or wheeler behind it. :crazy: I didn't see any snowfall totals for us but I'm bettin it was ~ 4". 'Bout it from here, time to chill!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Damn Gunner glad ya got it all straightened out. Part of the reason I don't head up when it's brutal cold anymore.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn Gunner glad ya got it all straightened out. Part of the reason I don't head up when it's brutal cold anymore.
2nd that on hope all is better!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It was just a leaky valve on the pressure relief for the water heater, took us a bit to track it down though. Lookin back, I believe it's been going bad for a while & we just didn't realize it. :scratch: :doah: L & M had a replacement for $10 & it doesn't look that bad to install so it'll probably go in tomorrow. The blower thing was my fault as I got a little to ambitious with the heavy wet snow. :doofus:
« Last Edit: January 01/16/21, 06:54:59 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I think we got about 5 inches of snow, but mostly rain.
It was in the 30's, but if it would'a been colder it would have been deep.
I ain't even gonna bother plowing and let it melt.

Have a good day boys!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, TWC says it's 19* at the moment & we might hit 24* later. There looked to be 5-6 vehicles over at the resort yday when we came home ~4. A couple, 3, were out on the bay too. Some pickin up to do today after our day yday otherwise I wouldn't mind get out there :fishing: myself. See how it goes, might get a chance to wet a line. Have a good day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 here and might make it to 21..  but the wind has settled down and I'm ok with that..  got a few things going on today  so I'll keep busy for the most part..  have a good day all!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
rning fellers........momma left me again today  :tut: :pouty: to spend the day bumming with her grandaughter, so looks like football and beer kinda day......... :nerd: :nerd:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  16 and a little breeze here.  I am staying away from the fish house until it all freezes back up so just football today I guess.  Well my Mom and Dad both got Covid.  Mom is back home but Dad is in the hospital for 5 days they think.  He is on that reseveriedol???  or whatever it is. That takes 5 days to give I guess.  He was even more confused that normal and that is from the Covid I guess.  Things are looking better for both of them today.  Be careful out there.  This is still spreading.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glad to hear there on the mend bud!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
prayers to all ya LPS...

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope their recovery goes as planned. My 92 year old mother who has lots of other issues made it through her bout with covid. It sure hits some hard though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope their recovery goes as planned. My 92 year old mother who has lots of other issues made it through her bout with covid. It sure hits some hard though.
:happy1: glad to hear that Roony.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high near 26. Not a lot on tap today for a change. Think I'll just putz today, keep an eye out for lambs and maybe take Mrs. Cheviot out to eat tonite. Hope she doesn't try to chase me around afterwards. Hate when that happens. :huh: Hope your folks heal well Barry. Remdesivir was one of the things they used on one of Mrs. Cheviot's co-workers who is also a nurse. Her main symptoms were a severely stuffed up head with no taste or smell. Within a matter of hours of the initial treatment it cleared that up. Glad to hear your Mom is doing OK Art.  :happy1: 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 15 here this morning. Hope your folks make it through the covid Barry! Went out fishing yesterday. The wife came out about noon to join me. We had decent action through most of the day. Lots of little ones to sort thru. The wife caught a fat 27" walleye. When it come out of the hole I thought for sure it was over 30. But it fooled me. We had a fish dinner out in the fish house and came back to shore about 8. Going to head out and fish until about noon. Then come in and cut firewood. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Not a lot going on here today neither and that is just fine.  Will get a fire going in the garage and feed the horses some oats both of which are more fun now with Cooper in the mix.  I don't let him come into the stall area so there is a chain link gate I don't let him go through.  He barks then and the horses are getting used to him now.  LOL  We walked out to the fish house yesterday and it is freezing around it now.  Still slushy out in the snow though.  I make snow machine trails through the woods and coming up to the house so we have nice places to walk.  Fox tracks everywhere.  We may take the dogs and go for a ride up to the lake before football starts too. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, must have forgot to hit post earlier when I got going here..  oh well, 18 here and might make 27..  be nice to see the sun too..  just small things on the agenda for today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 13* starting out & headed for 23* later, I hear. I never made it out :fishing: yday as I took a bit to long straightening stuff out from our run into GR. Did a little shovel work too cleaning up :snow5: in a few spots at the entrances to our buildings. Nothin big on the radar here, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........biggest topic for the day.......whats fer supper!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: thought of hitting a sunday brunch this morning but nixed that, maybe next weekend. never hit da pub either for a few brews and burger basket either.

might take the little terrorist for a drive later.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you forgot to take your wife out for supper Friday night??  no wonder she leaves ya or sends ya off!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
you forgot to take your wife out for supper Friday night??  no wonder she leaves ya or sends ya off!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
yea well its not like she kept asking when we where going down either,,,,,,, :pouty: :pouty:

my granddaughter and her boy toy called me last nite, they wanted to know if i wanted to join them today spearing on minnewaska???? there out in there big house, said about 14 inches of ice.i declined........i have fish!