Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902578 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Light snow started here ~12:15. Were you able to get your COVID shot yet del? :scratch:

Nope, no shot.  Girding my loins to spend a few hours online and on phone on Tuesday.   My Sister in Law went from St Paul to Fergus falls to get hers.   Her daughter was able to set it up after a few hours online.      Didn't Fergus Falls used to be a destination for duck hunting or something back in the day?   

Still don't get why Tim Jung Walz is bypassing the existing health care system in favor of jackleg sites.   I suppose "disadvantaged peoples" and "Diversity" is involved. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope you can get an appointment del. My buddy, Vista's noted Swedish astronomer is 81 has been having a devil of a time getting his. He comes in a couple times a week. Tried to call the number and of course that didn't work. Neither he or his wife are real computer savvy either so that wasn't much of an option without help from his daughters. Still couldn't even make an appointment until next week sometime. He said too that Mayo system & King Walz's minions had a pissing match over who and where it would be distributed & administered out here in the land of rocks and cows. Another guy, maybe closer to your age del said the same thing only he was more capable using the computer. Both these guys are veterans. Personally, I'd like to see veterans get priority in their age bracket if they want the vaccine. Just my $.02.

Jabbed my thumb with a syringe loaded with Draxxin tonite. Ewe zigged when I thought she was gonna zag. At least it wasn't Micotil or I might've been dead. Still smarted tho & the 18 gauge needle left a hole that bled like a stuck hog. Probably better off if I don't volunteer my services.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/23/21, 06:38:39 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You gonna look like those nurses you posted a while back getting the rona vacines tomorrow morning  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Best take a couple shots of gin to ward it off. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wife just said, "More gin?" Yup, I sez, Dr. Smurfy's orders!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm hearing the VA is going with 75 and older for the shot... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Where the hell did that air fryer thread go?  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, not sure how much snow we got but I guess about 1 1/2 inches or so..  enough to make a mess of the roads I'd say..  heard the plows about 430 this morning..  so I know one thing for sure to do this morning, clean the sidewalks and maybe the driveway..  got a few other things to do today it will work out good...  have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  lookin like we got about 4" here. I'll blow it off after abit before I run around town gathering supplies for the week. Just scarfed down to slices of cold homemade pizza from last night's dinner and thinking maybe its nap time soon  :happy1: enjoy what's left of the weekend gents!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Sorry to hear about your sister in law Barry. Thoughts and prayers for her. -8 here this morning out in the fish house. Little slower yesterday, but I he wife and I ended up with 7 for supper. Had a fish fry out in the fish house. Coffee is ready and I have some cold fish for breakfast. Just waiting for the dishes to start biting. Time to pour some unleaded coffee and pop in a movie. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 7* when I hit the garage earlier & I don't believe it'll warm up much from there. Looked to be ~ 1" of new stuff on the ground when I stepped outside. Not certain it's even worth messin with but pretty sure I will as tomorrow is 'sposed to be even colder. There's a couple garage projects in sight for this mornin besides our usual Sunday paper run. Stay warm guys, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  A balmy 18 here and we got about 5 inches of the white stuff.  I used the snow blower and am done for now.  Nothing else planned for today.  Have a good one!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 15 at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. 5.6" of snow recorded at the ranch, .44" of liquid equivalent precip melted out of it. Plugged the tractor in after chores & cleaned it off. Waiting for the plow to finish up so I don't have to clean out down by the road twice. Usually takes a couple hours to really get it cleaned out good by the time you move vehicles, use the skidsteer for the nooks and crannies, scrape back the snow by the garage & shovel the walk. Have a good 'un!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers,,,,,, thinking an inch here. got some morning chores done. next up is cleaning up the snow. not even gonna waste my time with the snowblower. then go clean up moms. she told me she tried a bit of shoveling when she was in wisconsin and she said she got a little woozie.... thinking there are things the pacemaker cant fix!!!!!!! :scratch:

so i gave her the speech she gives me..........dont overdo it and be careful......... felt good........here it everytime i go to the cabin!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you can get an appointment del. My buddy, Vista's noted Swedish astronomer is 81 has been having a devil of a time getting his. He comes in a couple times a week. Tried to call the number and of course that didn't work. Neither he or his wife are real computer savvy either so that wasn't much of an option without help from his daughters. Still couldn't even make an appointment until next week sometime. He said too that Mayo system & King Walz's minions had a pissing match over who and where it would be distributed & administered out here in the land of rocks and cows. Another guy, maybe closer to your age del said the same thing only he was more capable using the computer. Both these guys are veterans. Personally, I'd like to see veterans get priority in their age bracket if they want the vaccine. Just my $.02.

Jabbed my thumb with a syringe loaded with Draxxin tonite. Ewe zigged when I thought she was gonna zag. At least it wasn't Micotil or I might've been dead. Still smarted tho & the 18 gauge needle left a hole that bled like a stuck hog. Probably better off if I don't volunteer my services.  :scratch:

Just got a email from Mayo this morning.   Totally sounds like they are not happy with the state, reading between the lines

------------------
Dear Patient,

COVID-19 vaccinations are now being offered on a limited basis in Minnesota. You may have questions about when you can be vaccinated against COVID-19 at a Mayo Clinic facility.

All of us are eager to put the pandemic in the past. In Southeast Minnesota, Mayo Clinic is working closely with local public health departments, other health systems, and the Southeast Minnesota Disaster Coalition on planning for distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with state guidelines. The Minnesota Department of Health directs vaccine distribution. We are prepared to begin vaccinations as soon as we receive supply and direction from the state.

What should you do now?

There is nothing you need to do at this time. Mayo Clinic, or your public health department, will notify you when COVID-19 vaccine supply becomes available and you’re eligible to schedule your vaccination appointment. Your notification from Mayo Clinic will be sent through Patient Online Services. Please do not contact your health care provider to schedule your vaccination until you receive this notification.

When you become eligible to receive your vaccine, you’ll receive an email asking you to schedule your vaccination appointment at Mayo Clinic through Patient Online Services. Scheduling your vaccination through Patient Online Services is quick and convenient.

Of course, you may get your vaccination from another health care organization or through your state’s health department once you become eligible. If you do, please remember to let your Mayo Clinic provider know that you have been vaccinated so it can be added to your medical record.

At this time, we are not able to answer COVID-19 vaccine eligibility questions over the phone or through Patient Online Services. Please visit www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine for more information.

At all our locations, enhanced safety measures continue to provide a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. If you have a health care concern, schedule an appointment today.

Thank you for your continued trust in Mayo Clinic as we work together to meet your health care needs.

Sincerely,

Your Mayo Clinic Care Team

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my snow done, did use the snow blower on the drive way..  glad I did cause I noticed the right was pushing snow...  must have sheared a pin last time when I hit some gravel...  so I just used the left side overall, thought I had spare pins but nope...  so I put one just smaller in there until I get some more this week.. 

and it looks like Gunners area down south is in for another blast of snow too... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Went for the paper & discovered there was a little more  :snow2: there than I 1st thought. Just came in & it's more like 2", maybe even 2 1/2". Met the plow on CR 35 comin back here but they haven't made it to our road yet. Hit a little snag with our blower too, the winch cable broke, but we got the goods to fix it here it just won't be today.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys.  We got about 4" here.  Pretty light stuff but had to plow.  Got everything all cleaned up.  Looks great!  Also got 8 lbs of burger made into patties and frozen.  Now I am gonna have lunch and get ready for football.  Gonna be a great day. Heck it already is.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep watch some football and actually finally get my guns cleaned. :happy1: not sure about HH yet though. :scratch:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -15 and heading for a high of -2 last I seen. Boy Barry you got double the snow that we got at our place. Fishing was slow yesterday morning. I did land a 28" or so pike. That might have explained the slower fishing. Hopefully. We cut up some of the wood pile in the afternoon and loaded up the wood shed for the week. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 5 here this morning and might make it to 14..  a nice quiet day on tap today..  I can live with that.. and no snow in the forecast too..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Woke up to 59 degrees in the house.  Have a call out to the furnace guy and the oven is on.  Also a couple of small electric heaters.  So that is the challenge of the day here.  Man I bombed out on my football pics yesterday.  Curious to see how far I dropped.  Well you all stay warm.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..going with mom to paynesville this morning to change the 4 wheelers and boats into my brothers and my names, also do something with Ins for the cabin. as long as i'm there renew my boat also.

thinking of heading north on friday instead of say now too!!!!! brother wont get there till next wed.  needto make a run to st cloud to one of these days. sure am getting alot of help this morning from shadow!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 2* early & headin towards 8*. A little light snow comin down too. Got a new cable back on the winch for the blower already so have to see what's in store for the rest of the day. Not much else new here, have a good 1.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
not a good day for the furnace to quit working Barry. Hope they get to it quick. How is the S-I-L doing?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 5 for an overnite low, 7 at choretime heading for a high in the upper teens. Another ewe lambed this a.m. so we're a quarter of the way done. Got all the snow moved yesterday. Dry fluffy stuff so it went thru the blower like a charm. Just disintegrated afterwards. Need to get a little more Draxxin from the vet today. Otherwise typical Monday stuff to do. Tax crap is looming on the horizon so need to make sure we've got all that lined up. Good luck Barry!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The furnace problem is the igniter went bad.  He should have a new one for us tomorrow.  It still works on electric.  The SIL is going to have surgery maybe tomorrow.  She has an aortic disection.  The wall of her aorta is torn.  It is a miracle of sorts that she is still alive.  Like a bulge in her aorta where the blood vessel goes in.  If her boyfriend wasn't with her she wouldn't have moved from the spot she collapsed at.  Will keep you posted.  Hopefully we will know some more tomorrow.  My Mom is over covid and doing better.  My Dad's dementia has really kicked in since he got covid and is still in the hospital.  Damn!!  He was always the life of any party or group or get together.  Very clever fellow.  Hard to see him not really knowing some things.  Pretty tough deal.  And JB.  Thanks for asking.
« Last Edit: January 01/25/21, 12:55:05 PM by LPS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like things are moving forward for all but your Dad, sorry to hear that Barry..  my best to all....   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like things are moving forward for all but your Dad, sorry to hear that Barry..  my best to all....
yep same here bud!!!!! hope for the best!!!!!!!