Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901024 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Markn,
Only financial advice is I have never heard anyone say "damn, I built the pole shed too big".  Also, when planning the shed, allow for future lean to's.  As far as taxes go, most things for 2020 taxes needed to be done by December 31st.  There's a few exceptions like you have up until the filing date to put $$ in an IRA and have it count for last year.  Good luck with the pole shed and keep us posted on the plans.  You know we all like to have out input. :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Simple way for a farmer to double his income: Just put another mailbox at the end of the driveway.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Markn, sent ya a PM
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Simple way for a farmer to double his income: Just put another mailbox at the end of the driveway.

That's why farmer's hat have curved bills, to fit in the mailbox.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 8 this morning and might get to 18..  finally scored some smoked paprika yesterday, look forward to using that..  it tastes good!  even got a ham for .99!!!  thinking about split pea soup with ham..  I have a few things on the agenda today..  have to get some shear pins for snow blower auger today too..  have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. had -21 when I got out of bed at 4:30 and it was at -10 when I left at 6:00 to head to work. The warming trend is starting. I think we are supposed to get to 7-8 above today. It already fells warmer this morning. Otherwise just another day int he salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
yikes! JB.that sub zero  temp will wake a feller up eh?,sure bet its making some good ice tho.make it out fishing in the cold snap? any action? down here in the metro not near as cold fish have lock jaw(walleyes) perch/pike not so much,hopefully gills and crappies will have the feed bag on as it warms tomorrow with a warm front moving in/snow saturday.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a pleasant -7 here right now.  Man JB that is quite a temp change.  Sunday is the last day of Jan.  That is always a good feeling to me.  Feb can be bad but I feel we are over halfway once Jan is gone.  We have to run to town today to do some errands.  That is pretty fun with both dogs in the truck with me.  It gets a little smoother every time we do it.  I still haven't brought him to the bank for a dog biscuit yet.  I don't want a fight in the truck over it.  LOL  Although the other day Cooper finished his food and ran over to Buddy's bowl and started eating and Buddy just backed up.  ????  That wouldn't have happened a month ago.  Things are progressing.  Have a good day all!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
yikes! JB.that sub zero  temp will wake a feller up eh?,sure bet its making some good ice tho.make it out fishing in the cold snap? any action? down here in the metro not near as cold fish have lock jaw(walleyes) perch/pike not so much,hopefully gills and crappies will have the feed bag on as it warms tomorrow with a warm front moving in/snow saturday.
Nope I have not been out fishing in the cold snap since last Sunday. Have to work Monday thru Friday.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, seen -5* in the garage ~ 7 & it looks like somewhere around 15* will be the high today. Got a call yday mornin from the neighbor & he was on his way up here, so I stopped over to see him in the afternoon. Some tentative plans were made to put his wheelhouse to use :fishing: today, later on. That's 'bout the only thing on my horizon today. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Went down to read the gas meter this morning and the wind was cold. Oh well... the days are getting longer. Head to town to get a recall done on the pick-up at 2:00 today and then might have to stumble around fleet farm for a bit to see if there's something I might need there.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 7 at choretime heading for a high in the upper teens. No newbies overnite altho there was one ewe holed up inside before I left this a.m. Phone did an update overnite tho. Hate when that happens. This time it played games by moving and combining app icons. I don't have time to figure out what kind of games they're playing. Between that and the little bastards that came up with auto-correct, I'd like to take my 3 lb. hammer to their fingers! You got it, I'm in one those moods today...

« Last Edit: January 01/28/21, 09:29:37 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......its pack for up nort day. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -5 at our place this AM heading for 22 today. No firewood cutting this weekend so Ice fishing it will be. The kid and his woman are coming up tonight and the B-I-L will be up in the morning until Monday. Otherwise just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 this morning going for 23..  saying there is mist in the area too..  doesn't appear to be here yet..  got a few things on the agenda today and I think that will be enough for today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
On the road again. :fishing: :stillfish: :fishing:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like we are turning the corner on temps today.  Will feel good to have a 20's day.  No big plans for the day and that is ok too.  Just gonna stay out of trouble.  My Dad is going home from the hospital today.  I hope it all goes well.  Have a good one boys.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to here that your Dad is going home. How is the S-I-L doing Barry?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They haven't operated yet.  They still aren't sure it is safe to do it yet.  They got her sitting up yesterday for the first time. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, TWC says we have 2* & are on our way to 22* today. I didn't get home until about 8 last night as it was after 7 when we started to come off Bowstring. The  :fish2: didn't want to play very bad but it was still better than sittin home watchin TV. It was the neighbors bday so we had to  :toast: celebrate that a little. :cool: That's all from here, have a good 1!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear about yer Dad LPS, and they must be really hesitant with your SIL.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Your Dad is doing better!! :cool:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They haven't operated yet.  They still aren't sure it is safe to do it yet.  They got her sitting up yesterday for the first time.
Scary that it is taking this long to operate.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to agree JB, they must be worried that the surgery could be more dangerous than her current condition.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that is basically the deal I guess.  It is not an easy surgery neither. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 18 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. The ewe that was inside yesterday a.m. lambed, outside of course! Luckily temps were upper teens by lunchtime and the lamb was smart. He'd already tapped her on both sides by the time I penned them up. Then I had to feed the bottle lambs and pick up little peanut. She likes to grab my beard & the string on my hooded sweatshirt while looking for another bottle.  :cool:

« Last Edit: January 01/29/21, 10:52:15 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone loves ya Dotch. :wowza:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is so cute Dotch.   :sleazy:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman