Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957470 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Someone loves ya Dotch. :wowza:

They all love me around feeding time.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 here and looking for 28.  chance for freezing drizzle and snow today they say...  not sure what I have going today, I need to replace the sheer pin in the snow blower auger for sure..  I did put one in but it was smaller that needed, didn't use it so no damage...  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Off to Cities today, quick round trip to VA to hopefully get vaccinated.    Of course a little snow in the forecast, so wife is really nervous about it.     

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is as quiet as a library here this morning.  LOL  I got the bark collar yesterday and it works better than I thought.  It is 21 here a little breezy but feels great compared to the cold we just had.  I am going to plow a yard in the pasture today for feeding the horses.  Getting a little too deep to pull bales with the truck through the snow.  That is kind of a fun project.  May even fire up the fish house later on.  Have a good day and Del don't get in trouble in the big city.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 22* & are on our way to almost 30*. Well it turns out we weren't the only ones wantin to give Winnie a shot yday. When we got to the lake we were # 5 in a line of 10 or 11 rigs. Probably more out there on the ice than there was in DR most of the day yday. :crazy: A good network of roads though so it wasn't too bad. The neighbor brought home enough for a meal but they didn't like me again. :rolleyes:  :scratch: Gonna be a lay low day here today, hopin your Saturday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 20 here and a little snow this morning. There is about an inch of fresh stuff. Was still snowing some when I came out to the fish house. The breeze is out of the SE it appears. Not a good wind to make the 🐟 bite. Had one nibble so far. Coffee is done. Time to grab some and wait for a bite. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. A little mist earlier but no snow yet. Still about 10" or so on the ground. Must be bale moving day Barry. Ran the round bales in the ewe feeders down to the last crumbs this a.m. so after chores & breakfast, decided I'd put a couple more in there before the weather turned to chit. This of course after I unhooked from the blower, hooked onto the bale spear, poked a couple bales, took the frozen on bale wrap off 'em, opened & shut the gate 4 times, got on and off the tractor about 10 times, yelled and swore at the sheep trying to get out, dismantled both feeders, put the bales in 'em, reassembled the feeders, pitched the remaining loose hay into the feeder, wired the gate shut, took the bale spear off, put the pitchfork back where I found it & threw away the bale wrap. If I wanted exercise, it'd be cheaper to join the YMCA!  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Again I need a nap after reading about your days Dotch.  Time for lunch for me.  Got my stuff all done.  Play time now.  Pasture area plowed.  Only got stuck once.  Got the snowmobile trails repacked for us to walk in the woods.  2 new bales in the feeders too.  Horses grained. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Started to  :snow3: in the last 10-15 minutes here, we had some very light mist ~ 10:30-11 too.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all quiet here yet... 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing nothing nothing. 

Did get back from sodom and gamorah with a new hole in my arm.    Hope the arm doesn't fall off or bill gates be controlling my mind.  Not worried about sterility, got that covered already

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good for you del!  :happy1: Don't feel too bad for me Barry. I slept thru most of the 2nd half of the WI-Penn St. basketball game. WI basketball will do that to a guy: Borrrring!  :huh: A little patchy drizzle a couple hours ago. Doing nothing now. :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/30/21, 04:24:25 PM by Dotch »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Too bad, Dotch ;) :smiley:, cause they got beat. :cool:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm always happy to see Bucky get beat as long as Brad Davison is playing for them. I've never forgiven Davison or his limp dick coach Greg Gard for standing up for him purposely trying to injure Jordan Murphy. Lucky Murph kept his cool or Davison could've been decapitated. His tripping Nate Mason wasn't real swift either. Could've been injured worse than he was. It was about a year ago he nut punched IA's Connor McCaffery. Amazing someone hasn't just pounded the crap out of him.

https://twitter.com/itsAntWright/status/1222200140540399620?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1222200140540399620%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.btpowerhouse.com%2F2020%2F1%2F31%2F21116526%2Fwisconsin-badgers-basketball-brad-davison-suspended-by-the-big-ten-stats-starting-lineup

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/questionable-play-by-brad-davison-overshadows-gophers-loss-to-wisconsin#:~:text=In%20a%20game%20last%20season,nasty%20bruise%20on%20his%20leg.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas paper is read and the coffee is flowing.  Your right jb, tgat east wind yesterday made fishin tough. Oh well it was good to get out anyhow,  gonna go check some other lakes out after a bit. Enjoy what's left of the weekend gents!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like we got an inch or two of snow last night.  Will see for sure when it gets light out.  Then make a plan.  I need to clean the pellet grill today.  I may do some ribs on it today.  Been awhile since I have used it.  No other big plans for the day.  Time for another cup. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and it won't get much higher..  super light amount of snow is all for us..  ribs sound good LPS!! thinking about some split pea and ham soup..  not sure what I have going on other wise...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  We got a dusting of snow this morning out of the winter advisory watch yesterday and a little freezing drizzle about 8 pm last night.  I was wondering if anyone here got hit hard.  The best job in the world is being a weather forecaster.  You can be wrong and blame it on the system.  Have a great day!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe an inch long round midnight, after all the wife's fretting about weather and big trip to cities.   

Got the shot, and my arm hasn't fallen off yet so that is good.    Lotsa old guys at VA, made me feel young. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. A dusting of snow overnite along with some patchy drizzle that fell before midnight. Roads were a little slick so the People's Republic of Steele Co. was spreading as much salt as possible this a.m.  :angry: A few snowflakes falling & looks like some heavier stuff to our north moving this way if it hangs together. Since I was an overachiever yesterday, I may pretend I'm glenn & putz all day. Sure has been peaceful around here this weekend... :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 22* ~ 7:00 & it looks like 28* will be the high. Looked to be around an inch here to me & WCCO said DR had .8" early this am. Still spittin a little, roads weren't bad but still took it a little EZ on our Sunday paper run as they hadn't plowed. Might play like Bobber & grab my gear to head out on the bay this afternoon. Nothin else, have a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 15 here and maybe hit the mid 20's today..  got a few things to do today and a couple are finish up yesterday..  nothing big...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 18 here this morning heading for 20 today. Fishing was a little better yesterday than Saturday. But we did egt enough for a good fish fry Saturday night. Back in the slat mines today. Just another week in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had enough snow yesterday morning that I did have (get) to plow.  Must have been 2 2 1/2".  Cleaned up nicely.  Well I came in from that and the wife was crying on the phone.  Her sister died!  Was a surprise since she seemed to be improving but it was a dangerous situation she was in.  The wife and her sisters are all taking it hard cuz they are so close.  They have a Sister's Weekend every year and meet at a resort or something.  They will miss her.  SO have a great day and appreciate everything around you!  You never know when your time will come.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 16* ~ 1 hour ago & mid-20's again for the high. Got out :fishing: for a while yday afternoon, only really little perch & sunnies to show for it. Pretty nice out there, even just sittin on a bucket, considerin it was the last day of January. May give it a shot again today, havta see. :scratch: Hopin your Monday's a good 1!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to here about your SIL, Barry!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for the loss of your sister in law Barry. Sad deal. I didn't even know her personally and it brings a tear to my eye. You are right. Enjoy every day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for your guys lose Barry.. very sad and I agree, enjoy what we have now..  my prayers to you all...

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for your lose Barry. Thoughts and prayers are with you and the Mrs. today.
mm

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Very sorry to hear about that, Barry.