Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901049 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -2 here this morning heading for a high of 2 above. The last day above 0 here until next saturday according to the forecast. Going to be down to -30 for lows this weekend.  :cold: We are heading down to Buffalo tomorrow for a funs raiser for the daughter tomorrow night. I would just as soon stay home with as cold as it is going to be. The neighbor is going to have to babysit the wood stove for us. Well just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 1 above here and might get to 5..  not sure what I have going on today so I'll just go with the day...  have a good day all!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Jb sure hope the benefit does real good for your daughter!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Mike!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -2 here this morning heading for a high of 2 above. The last day above 0 here until next saturday according to the forecast. Going to be down to -30 for lows this weekend.  :cold: We are heading down to Buffalo tomorrow for a funs raiser for the daughter tomorrow night. I would just as soon stay home with as cold as it is going to be. The neighbor is going to have to babysit the wood stove for us. Well just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
LOL, and I have a friend down in FL who complains when it gets to 50 down there.
I hope the fundraiser goes well.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 0 here on my trip to the garage, TWC says it's -2 now & that we'll make it all the way to 4* later. Got a couple small projects lined up for early, not much else though. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, guys, hope today is a little calmer... 

Yesterday Mama was watching her show and I was taking a mid afternoon snooze, when she wakes me up.   Says Cops.    I look out the door and there are cops and cop cars all over the place, 7 or 8 cars.   On the breezeway there are like 3 cops and a dog.    Guns drawn and sort of nervous.    I kept my hands in sight.   They asked me a few questions and I went back inside.   

They had been called about shoplifting and when they went to pull his car over he took off, and went down a dead end and stuffed the car down in a pasture behind the house next door where I had no idea it was even possible to get a car down there.     

So then he ended up hiding in my garage that is attached to breezeway.   Came in through the breezeway and we never even heard him.    After some shouting to come out come out they sent the dog in.   Guy, by that time, was hiding in my garbage can.. One of those 90 gallon jobs.     So they got him out and took him away.     

They asked if the "long gun" in the garage was mine, I said yes, it is a pellet gun, which I think they already knew.    Didn't look like anything in the garage was disturbed.     

Trying to hide from cops with a bunch of new snow on ground is pretty tough.    They didn't even need the dog to track him.     

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds exciting. Glad things ended as they did.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........damn Del........rough neighborhood your in!!!!!! glad everything turned out OK and you and the Misses is OK.!!!!!

JB hope all goes well with the fund raiser!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

i had 6 above on my thermoreader this morning. already wind chill advisories. little terrorist and I went outside this morning to get the paper and other things. went out the patio door on theeast side of the house, didnt think it was to bad.........till i went out to the west side to get the paper....UFFDA.  :rotflmao: Shadows getting pretty good at getting the paper and bringing it to me.  :happy1: its a start!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy smokes Del,nothing like a little excitement to make your day, true about the dog release but the cop's need a little fun too,bet they giggled when the K9 was released,seen these pup's in action,no fun being on the rec'ving end they are all business.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't want to go in a garage after some dude like that for sure.   Dog would be better at finding where he is hiding too.    Glad my stuff didn't get shot full of holes.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yikes. Glad all ended well for ya Del!! Thanks for the well wishes for the benefit boys.  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 3 at choretime heading for a blistering 7. Oh well, at least the wind is still howling at up to 30 mph. We had two sets of twins last nite so I decided to stay home to monitor them. So far so good. Driveway looked great yesterday afternoon when I finished it up. This a.m. there were large drifts along with a present from the PRSC snowplow on the end of the driveway. Someone here said they thought they could buck that pile with their small car. I had visions of broken plastic pieces in the road ditch & the Schwan's man is reputedly coming this afternoon. Warmed up the tractor and blew everything out again. Don't have a problem with sitting in a warm cab. Filled the tractor with gas afterwards though & really froze my @$$.  :huh:

Too much excitement del. At least he didn't steal your suzy vidal machine!  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Brr. Just fired up the JD2510 and got the drifts off the end of the driveway. This poo country boy doesn't have the luxury of a cab like Dotch. Maybe when I get old...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I haven't had the cab on the 656 very long roony, ~Feb. '18 when my neighborhood mechanic put a $500 Year-A-Round cab we found on Craigslist on it. Not pretty and Spartan accommodations inside. Still better than the heat houser that had disintegrated. No AC either but the heater works great. Added some LED lights so it's like daytime when running at night. Bought a #80 International blower a couple years ago for it. Meshed better with the tractor than I would've thought. Would be nice to have something like the 3488 hydro my brother just got or a 186 that's hasn't been beat. For now just happy to be out of the wind & warm.  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man look at that fancy equipment and shed!!👍👍

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ain't my shed or green paint. And I think that's Jon's old 8820 combine, over 30 years old. Still runs like a sewing machine though.  :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, does that 656 go slow enough in reverse for your snowblower? My experience with IH is mainly the many hours spent on a narrow front end 560.
« Last Edit: February 02/05/21, 03:02:59 PM by roony »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys.  Just got back in town so catching up some.  JB good luck on the benefit and I hope you make some good money doing it!  Nice tractor Dotch.  Man Del, it sounds like your wife was right at home call COPS to you.  Maybe she will start packing.   LOL   What a chunk of excitement that must have been.  You are lucky the scumbag didn't try to get in the house.  OR maybe he is lucky. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck and have a safe trip jb! Man that's crazy del,  good thing they got him before you decided to take out the garbage.  Dogs are always fun to watch in situations like that. Afternoon peoples,
 Gonna hafta go out n about tomorrow fir a few things but other than the basement is loaded with wood so we'll just chase each other around for the weekend .. :sleazy:
« Last Edit: February 02/05/21, 03:46:18 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, does that 656 go slow enough in reverse for your snowblower? My experience with IH is mainly the many hours spent on a narrow front end 560.

It's OK speed-wise most of the time. Specs are 2 mph in reverse with the TA back, 2.8 with the torque ahead. The claimed hp is 63
altho the tested hp is 66. The blower is ~7' wide so in deep, wet snow, it can be a workout. Like my snow blower coach taught me tho: No law that says you have to take a full swath. The other thing he told me was bigger power is fine for a big blower. For a smaller blower like this, I'm better off as it's less apt to shear pins or wreck a gearbox. So far he's right. Check the shear pins, keep 'em tight, make sure the gearbox is full of gear lube and it'll blow snow just fine.  :happy1:

Good luck on the fund raiser JB!  :cool: 
« Last Edit: February 02/05/21, 06:49:10 PM by Dotch »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -20 here this am and not warming up much. We are on the road heading south. Thanks for all the well wishes!  :happy1: I am comfy over here in the passenger seat while the wifey is driving. May even have to take a nap. Have a good Saturday boys and stay warm.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, safe travels Jb!!  -9 here and that is close to the what the high will be too!!   again not much on my agenda today and I'm ok with that too!!  have a good day all and stay warm!!!!    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, -14 on the gauge in the garage ~7, gonna warm up all the way to -9 according to TWC. Only mandatory outdoor activity in the works here today is a trip down to the mailbox & that'll be with my car. Probably drive through the neighbors too as he's back home & is expecting Cenex to stop by. That's all I've got now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......was a balmy -4 when i looked. went out and got the paper and that wind cut threw ya pretty quick. IF i feel adventurious i might go outside once more today....we shall see, or i might even drive around the lakes?????? :sleazy:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning "big guy".  Our temp was like that city in Mississippi this morning....Tupelo.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Stay warm.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I think of the Van Morrison song every time it is -2 GT.  It is -19.7 here right now and windy.  The dogs and I ran to the barn to grain the horses this morning.  Then 2 trips to the garage with firewood.  Invigorating to say the least.  Gonna stay in and warm today except for a few trips to the garage to keep the wood burner cooking.  That keeps me in shape.  Which shape I am not saying.  LOL  You all stay safe today. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Round is a shape Barry!  :cool: 

Mornin' gang! -3 for a low, 0 at choretime and that'll likely be the high. Stayed home yesterday practicing for retirement. Worked at saving a couple smaller than normal lambs that were chilled. Mouth was cold on one so gave it a bottle of milk replacer about 1 p.m. Half hour later, her brother was similarly afflicted so gave him one too. His lungs were rattly so gave them both a shot of Draxxin. Gave them another bottle a few hours later & we weren't making much progress. As a last resort put a heat lamp in the pen, even though they're notorious for burning down buildings. It helped. Lambs made it thru the night and were markedly improved. Staying put for a while today. May make a run to get @sswipe for me & some bottled water for the Mrs. Someone went in the ditch last nite so I have that for entertainment & bottle lambs to feed at 12:30. Stay warm! Don't make me come up there & put a heat lamp on you.  :undecided: 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just went out and put out going mail in the mail box, oh yea it's raw!!!  oh well we have a great winter for temps so far...

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
-18.       :cold:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -20 here and feels like -35.. might make -6 today..  got a few things on the agenda today but nothing big..  biggest thing is we all stay warm!!  have a good day all!!