Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900990 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW brutal this morning,little snow moving in might warm things up hopefully later.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -29 here this am heading for a high of -11 today.  :cold: The wife and I did a little house cleaning last night. Sounds like we may have some company this weekend. Not much else happening here, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all -14 here this morning, might get to -5...  and thhe weekend forecast looks brutal!!  but winter is getting closer to being over too.. I hope!!   :rotflmao:  not much going on today and none of it is outside so that is good!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
-21 here this morning.no wind though.

This keeps up and will have to dig out the ice auger extension. :pouty: :pouty:
« Last Edit: February 02/11/21, 07:41:10 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Right now it is -33 here.  There is a slight breeze too.  Tired of it buy have to deal with it for another 4 or 5 days.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Gonna do the same as I did yesterday.  Stay home and stay warm.  Be safe out there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........had -10 this am. supposed to be chilly willy this weekend.  :confused: :confused: wanted to take momma up to the local pub for a few and a burger friday or saturday nite......... ya know do a mikey!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: momma dont like going out in da cold!!!!! :pouty: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had -27* out in the garage just before 7 today but I just checked TWC's site & they're sayin we have -31* at this time. IT didn't feel that bad in town yday to me but I had a couple things to do outside when we got back here yday & that wind was pretty nasty. :cold: Some putzin early here, after that? :scratch: :confused: Hopin your Thursday's a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gunner.........do you somewhat heat your garage????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, we have in floor heat in the basement & garage. The on demand boiler keeps 55-60* out there this time of year when we're here & ~ 50* when we're not.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man if my garage where heated my wife would never see me..........wait............ :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: She got any $? ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: She got any $? ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: man if i insulated the garage i'd have to build another one just for all the stuff i have stored between the studs and rafters!!!! :confused: :doofus: :doofus:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
built my detached garage 20 years ago,insulated it(R28),sheet rock put a small 2 amp ceramic heater on low for winter months,this morning it was 35 degrees,not bad for a 34x28'man cave.use a 115btu kerosene bullet heater for a quick warm -up or thaw the wheeler out,no heat in the pole barn,just cold storage but this might change.  Pole barn in south dakota is a large wood burner,heats up nice in the small office area for a quick power nap after chores or hunting

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if i need heat in the garage i got me a propane nipco heater i fire up. of course gotta have a stereo for tunes. even a radio tuned in just for vikings games!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
When we built up here I put in floor heat in everything and heat that with a wood boiler. In floor heat is awesome!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet that is nice!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I put the infloor heat i mn when I built my 40X100 wood shop. I have an lp boiler and keep things in the low 50s. I fire up my Woodstove when I want it warmer. Works for me.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have some tubes in my garage floor.  Kind of  homemade thing.  I have never put water in them but should try.  Otherwise I have a wood burner in there.  I have to load it 3 times in a day to keep it warm in this weather.  I have plenty of trees in my woods to keep me in fuel.  Good way to use it up. Keeps me moving too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Ya.  About 3:30 this morning the dogs wanted out.  I was sound asleep but the wife heard them.  LOL  She let them out and heard coyotes or wolves howling about 100' west of the house.  There is a gully there.  She went out then to make sure they didn't get Cooper. She said it was scary hearing them that close.   If it wasn't so darn cold I would go check out the tracks.  Maybe tomorrow.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I put the infloor heat i mn when I built my 40X100 wood shop. I have an lp boiler and keep things in the low 50s. I fire up my Woodstove when I want it warmer. Works for me.

Ours is electric, we're dual source so we get some electricity pretty cheap.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS good bet yotes,mating season right now,good time of year to use a remote challenge coyote call as they are staking out territory now.next full moon you could take a couple out with a shotgun easy enough,not sure if mn has a ban on varmit night hunts but wouldn't suprise me,easy to get a permit tho or do the SSS deal like most of us country folk.
« Last Edit: February 02/11/21, 12:14:19 PM by snow1 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -8 at choretime heading for a high around 0. A little dusting of snow in the forecast as well. It's official: 1/2 done lambing as of last nite. (and the crowd goes wild) Gotta move some animals soon. Too many small pens. Main part of chores is taking about an hour per session twice a day, not including bottle feeding in 3 separate operations for 2 hours total spent on that. Was decent out yesterday with the temp topping out around 10 above. Felt downright balmy. Some -20 stuff coming up over the weekend only w/o the wind we had last weekend. We get thru Monday and we should start to get above zero again. Floor heat is definitely the way to fly. Put floor heat in the addition on the house and attached garage. Looking at tearing the granary & lambing barn down & putting in a multiple use building with a heated shop area.  Prolly put an LP boiler with wood capabilities for the shop area. Have to keep my pliers and baling wire warm somehow.  ;)     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You would sure love a heated shop!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  I've always wanted a wood insert in the cave, but for now a wood chewin open fireplace will have to do, it does warm it tho. Momma Dropped the Lab off at the vet this morning for nut removal and I picked him this afternoon,  he's moving pretty slow, the hardest part for him and I will be no fetch for 10 days they say. Anywho I missed the National pizza day by a couple but we'll do our part tonight!! See ya!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I forgot or was so involved with our own pup that I forgot that you had one too Bobb. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You would sure love a heated shop!

You've got a 40'x100' that has floor heat? You could go into competition with your cousin raising sheep with a setup like that. :rotflmao: Seriously to have a place inside where it's warm and dry to work on things, cars, tractors, $hitspreaders, etc., would be heaven. Even to be able to get in an already warm tractor to blow snow would turn my crank. Using up the trees I keep cutting up would make it more reasonable to operate. Someone asked once if I burned wood. I told them no, we just have a lot of storms.  :sad:

Good to see you again boober! I was afraid after one of yer cooking escapades Mrs. Boober had you confined to the woodshed for her own selfish purposes... :shocked: Maybe grill some next week. Too tuckered and too cold just yet here.  :undecided:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If I were to build that shop again I would have put in a pit for working on vehicles and some floor drains for when you bring a tractor or vehicle in that is full of snow.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, floor drain(s) a must. Garage has a central floor drain in it. Also way too much crap. :doah: A hoist would be great too. 👍

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -36 at home and I had -40 on the way to work  :cold: :cold:. Heading to a high of -12 today. Looks like below zero highs thru Monday now. They keep moving it out each time I look. I have a doc appointment later this morning to get the evaluation done for my cataract. I will find out when I can have that surgery done. I think we will ice fish this weekend. That is the plan as of now, but this morning I started thinking about just staying in the nice warm garage and get a couple things done. Guess I will decide that tonight. IT is warm in the fish house to. Well, another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.