Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903252 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Wowzer comes to mind this morning,ain't fit for man or beast,drove to st paul this morning roads are dicey,combination of lite snow from last night over black ice,had the white knuckles coming in for a landing,careful out there folks.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -22 here and that looks to the low the next 3 nights too..  that is cold for sure!!!   got a few small things to do today but I'll be warm when I do them!!  have a good and warm day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It was -35.7 a few minutes ago here.  As I look at the lonely fish house on the river it is kind of hazy.  Go figure.  I won't be fishing this weekend.  I am giving it another week to warm up.  I knew with the nice Jan that it was probably gonna hit the fan like it is.  Well spring is right around the corner.  LOL  That thought keeps my spirits up.  Stay warm and safe today. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, -24* early & -8* will be the high. Yeah snow1, WCCO's traffic map lit up like a Christmas tree ~ 7 with crashes & accidents everywhere. :crazy: Been working on my taxes a little & will go over what I did yday to make sure it's right then I'm as far as I can go for now. A couple little things in the garage today too, from there on :scratch: we'll see. Stay warm & have great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......yea a tad chilly. sure hope this takes care of the slush on the lakes up north!!!! hey gunner go check!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: even the dog got cold tootzies this morning.

not sure whats on the agenda, get really bored, like thinking of washing the walls in the house bored.  :pouty:

kinda winged it by the wifey last nitwe to maybe go up to da pub and have a few beers and a burger basket for valentines. well that didnt go over all that well.  :pouty: snuck up town to get bread, i did get my wife a valentines present. she likes chocolate......ALOT...... so got her a bunch. i said no to the card, they want 8-9 bucks for a valentines card.........made overseas.......i said screw that and bought her another bad of M & M's. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn my coffee maker stopped working this morning...  so off I go to get another... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -13 at choretime heading for a high near -5. Little sifting of snow yesterday and thru the night, about a quarter inch. Melted out to .01" of liquid equivalent precip. No news is good news in the lambing barn. Still too much panel climbing and water bucket hauling. If we can get thru until Tues. w/o killing each other it'll be a miracle. Prolly going to sit tight for much of the day other than to get feed & deposit someone's check. Apparently I must not have anything else to do.  :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -30 here this AM. Still freacking :cold:. Just a couple more days of it. Upper 20s for next weekend. Going to feel like shorts and flip flop weather after this 2 week stretch. Time to make some coffee and go fill the wood stove. Going to take my time heading out to the fish house. At least the heat is on out there so it will be warm when I get there. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  -24 here and I too look forward to some what warmer weather!!  got a few things going on today so that will keep me busy for part of the day..  grabbed some brats out of the freezer and have to cook them, it will be cold when I grill them!!!  oh well!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, -33* at 1st glance today & somewhere  :scratch: around -10* is 'sposed to be the high. Some putzin early, not much after that. Hopin your Saturday's a good 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........only a -17 when i looked. sure didnt take long for the hounddogs to go out and do there thing this morning.  :rotflmao: no plans today.......

damn JB thats cold. hope you dont gotta travel to far to get to the fishhouse. so you keep the heat on all the time??????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -35.5 here.  Darn tired of it.   :angry2:  The water fountain for the horses froze up again.  I got a new heat tape for it yesterday so I hope it thaws it out.  When I am in fishing mode I keep my heat on too Glenn.  Much more fun to arrive at a warm house with the holes open.  Just continuing the survival mode here today.  Keep the garage warm and hope we make it till Tuesday.  Gonna cook something up today too.  Good oven weather. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so how warm do you guys manage to keep it at???? yea that be great to walk in a warm fishhouse!!!!!pretty sick of this cold myself.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I keep mine in the 50's when I am not there.  Turn it up when I get there. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
-29 here this morning......-41 in Bemedji where I have a nephew living.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -6 at choretime heading for a high around -3. Had a cloud deck over the top of us last nite. Brought a lite dusting of snow with it, nothing measurable. Birds were out of suet so replenished their supply & filled the bird feeders. Also fed & watered Ruby then gave her an extra treat. WMSBC (World's most spoiled border collie). After coffee Valentine's Day shopping is on tap along with bottle lamb detail. Thought about digging out the grill but that would be a daunting task at this point. Besides I'm tired. Last thing I need is to be pawed all nite.  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
common Dotch, I'll be grilling brats for lunch!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -26 here this morning. Glenn, on the weekends that I know we are fishing I go out Friday night and drill the holes and start the heat. I used to shut the heat off every night and start it the next day. But I finally realized that the heat never shut off all day. I burn the same amount of propane just leaving the heat on all weekend. I usually keep the house around 65. We are only a couple miles out right out front. Plan to head out there soon. Going to mix up some drop biscuits. Wife wants biscuits and gravy out in the fish house this morning. We will have to come in this afternoon and load the wood shed too. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -25 this morning..  biscuits and gravy are great!!!  got everything done I planned on yesterday so today will be some what slower..  I did grill some brats yesterday and it was cold but bearable for end result!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....holy sufferin suckatash....its chilly out there!!!!!  :doah: valentines day.........good day to chase momma around the house day  :smoking: :sleazy: :evil:

udder den dat.....got nuttin!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -27 right now and the wind chill is -47 per TWC.  The wife is making spuds, sausage, eggs for breakfast as I have coffee.  It doesn't get much better than that.  I am still fighting to keep my horse fountain thawed out.  May just fill the ol tank and drop the heater in it.  I do know people that don't even give their horses water in the winter.  Just let them eat snow.  Sounds cold doesn't it?  Gonna stay safe and watch fishing/hunting/food shows until the wife takes control and puts a movie on.  LOL  Life is good!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, seen - 53* WC's(Bemidji) early & they're only :rolleyes: talkin - 47* now. We had - 27* actual temps here, ~ - 10 gonna be the high. Got some clothes in the dryer already & that was my only real mission today. :happy1: :cool: 'Bout it here, stay warm & have a good 1!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good day to put those clothes on the line gunner!! Mornin forum fellas,  18 and not on the good side of the dial here, like lps the dogs and I are watching a little fishing also. The grill outside looks a little lonely,  I might attempt some steaks this afternoon,  we'll see.  Gotta text from the boss and they have starting 2 hrs later than usual tomorrow cuz of the cold . Anywho stay warm gents!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -18 at choretime, was the low as well, heading for a high around -10. At least the wind chill is -37 so there is that. A little dusting of snow fell part of the day yesterday but one of those that measured ~.1" but with only a trace of liquid equivalent melting out of it. No newbies overnite. The rest of the lambs are doing well so far. Can't wait to get some moved so there aren't so many pens to contend with. Was thinking about grilling too boober. I forgot I have the Coleman portable in the basement & plenty of LP cylinders. Could set up outside the walk in door on the garage.  Hmmm... 

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon now, a little late today, but a copy and paste from a fishing friend.

A weekend I don't want to repeat, -41 on Red Lake furnace in the sleeper shack wasn't working, we had to tough it out with a Protemp radiant heater, unheated bathroom.

And the fishing was very slow.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we got the poly tank back in action with the floating heater in it.  Used it for years before we got the fountain.  Have had the fountain for years and never had it freeze up.  I read how lack of water is bad for horses kidneys since they aren't getting flushed properly and can have colic issues from lack of water.  That kicked the plan into action.  All done and feel good about it.  Happy Valentines Day to all of youse.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -27 here, hoping to see -3 today...  have a few things to do today, my friend Jim dinged the fender on his truck with 4 wheeler awhile ago so he's dropping that off to get repaired..  I will be giving him a ride home...  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -29 here again this morning heading for a high of -2 today. Getting closer to the right side of zero. Fishing was sort of slow this weekend, but still good to be out there. I got my broken leaf spring changed on Saturday afternoon. Yesterday afternoon when we quit I cranked up the fish house so the water underneath could freeze. The water was only a couple inches under the floor with all the snow that is around the fish house now from the wind. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -31.9 here now.  Still saying it will warm up in a week or so.   :happy1:  Happy Presidents Day to you!  Just another day of staying warm and happy here today.  Maybe do some laundry.  Have a good one.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning!! foun this for glenn. thought it might help..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"