Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904153 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 here and should make 37.. foggy this morning too..  not much going on today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples heading to see how much I owe the IRS soon, then swing by and grab the nephew to bring him on his first time ice fishing,  hopefully they are still biting... See ya!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  A winter advisory for some areas tonite, luckily, it is that time of the year where it won't be on the ground too long.  Hopefully all stay safe.  Good luck on the lakes today.  With a front coming in, they might be biting.  Have a great day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Having a cup of coffee with the wife and the dogs and cat.  What a great way to start a day.  We have a pile of brush that needs burning whilst there is still snow on the ground.  Kind of windy but it is in a gully so will have to see how it is down there.  The wife is getting itchy to have a fire.  LOL  NDSU plays football at noon today so would kind of like to catch that too.  SO it is a big day.  LOL  My Genie garage door opener conked out and the parts showed up so need to fix that too.  Oh heck that can wait till Monday.  Will be a quick fix.  The coupler which is a 5 dollar part failed.  Well you all have a nice Saturday.  Stay away from Glenn so you don't get sick.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 25*here & we're aiming for 40* later. Some rain/snow in the overnight down here but the heavier amounts are 'sposed to be to W/NW of us. Sure was breezy yday here which helped to dry it up a little but also kept it from really feeling very warm. Gonna be a quiet day too, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........enjoying my Tanzanian coffee this morning......oh so good!!!! :coffee: :coffee: :happy1: shadow's being a pest  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but thats an every morning thing,  :confused: :rotflmao: whining and pawing for attention. i have that same problem with women!!!!!  :smoking: :sleazy: :confused:

feeling a little better today. still feel run down but not as bad as the last few days!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so LPS how was lunch and Aldi's yesterday??  hopefully a good adventure... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it was a good adventure.  We spent $180.  Got lots of nice produce too.  Went a little overboard on sandwich meats.  May have to freeze some of it for later.  We were hungry when we were there. LOL  Glad there were 2 of us for the bagging of all of it.  Then had a roast beef and cheddar at Arbys.  Should have done that first.  Oh well.  More fun to shop when you are hungry.  The store wasn't as big as I thought it would be.  Wasn't real crowded so had a good time.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That $180 could've of easily been $250 at most other grocery stores. :cool:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes the lunch meats are really priced right!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A jar of roasted peanuts about $1.50, small box of cereal $1.38.  Got the biggest and real nice Roma tomatoes too.  A lb of sliced turkey or ham for about 2 bucks.  I got both.  That is why I may have to freeze some.  I can only eat so much at a time.  LOL  I got a jar of cherry peppers stuffed with cheese and packed in oil.  Great horse doveries. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been wanting to try the peppers but haven't yet.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We get a lot of chicken, some thighs, hindquarters, even whole ones at the 1 in GR. They had some nice T bones for $8/lb just before we came home too. They don't like people waiting in line to checkout either.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful morning! The weather terrorists are saying 4 to 7 inches in Mankato where I work.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Have a bunch pf putz projects today along with hopefully getting some more tails, tags & vaccinations done. Not holding my breath. Frequently what happens is someone comes home tired and cranky so that gets put off for a day. I need to find me a hot babe to help get some of this stuff done!  :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet you don't even own a lawn chair do you Dotch?  Or if you do I bet you don't know where they are.  You are an overachiever.  I don't think I will get much done today and then I hear your agenda and it makes me feel well, thankful that I don't have all of that to do.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  I think I will wait and fix the garage door tomorrow or Monday.  LOL 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet you don't even own a lawn chair do you Dotch?  Or if you do I bet you don't know where they are.  You are an overachiever.  I don't think I will get much done today and then I hear your agenda and it makes me feel well, thankful that I don't have all of that to do.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  I think I will wait and fix the garage door tomorrow or Monday.  LOL

Got a lot accomplished so far or at least made enough of a mess to make Mrs. Cheviot think I did!  :scratch: I had a lawn chair once. When I worked at the elevator, it blew off the top of the rail car into the bottom of the hopper while we were loading it. Some poor bastard must've cussed and swore trying to figure out what was stuck in the slide when they tried to unload it.  :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: February 02/27/21, 09:36:04 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Well I am darn proud that you have at least owned one.  They get more use as you get older usually.  I've actually been shopping around for a better one!   :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well they lowered the high for today, down to 32 instead of 37..  no sun so it figures...  still yapping some snow maybe...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It made 45 in Albert's Leaf & was about that here when the sun came back out. NWS said only 37 for a high in Waseca. Their thermometer must be broken. It is always nicer where roony lives.  :pouty:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure was a nice day on the lake, fishin was so so, the nephew sure had a good time tho. We had 48 degrees with water starting to form on the lakes but still plenty of ice. We sent him home most of the fish thinking we'll go out in the morning but the weather isn't looking to good this away either, we'll see.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: nuttin wrong with that batch!!!
.boar usually buys his cleaned though  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Watching Minnesota Bound. Damn Laura is even 🔥🔥🔥 all dressed in ski clothes. :wowza: :wowza: :hubba: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Having a cup of coffee with the wife and the dogs and cat.  What a great way to start a day.  We have a pile of brush that needs burning whilst there is still snow on the ground.  Kind of windy but it is in a gully so will have to see how it is down there.  The wife is getting itchy to have a fire.  LOL  NDSU plays football at noon today so would kind of like to catch that too.  SO it is a big day.  LOL  My Genie garage door opener conked out and the parts showed up so need to fix that too.  Oh heck that can wait till Monday.  Will be a quick fix.  The coupler which is a 5 dollar part failed.  Well you all have a nice Saturday.  Stay away from Glenn so you don't get sick.

Football?????????

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 21 here and we did get a trace of snow..  just a few small things on the agenda for today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  wet sloppy snow here. Think maybe we'll just hang out here instead of getting wet on the lake. Thinking a big fat skillet breakfast of sorts, then maybe later a trip to FF for things and a new fishin license.  Enjoy your Sunday gents!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Did I imagine it, or did I see that now your spouse has to be present in order to purchase a husband wife combination license?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. No you didn't imagine it Del. She either has to be present or redeem hers later. And now instead of both names on both licenses only one name is on there. :angry2: I used to keeps my copy in my wallet and the wife's copy in the tackle box. Not no more. Dirt bags! Well, -9 here this morning. I am out in the fish house. Had a couple bites so far, but fed them. Coffee is brewing. Going to make biscuits and gravy out here for the wife and I. Probably be our last weekend using the big house. My buddy Scott is bringing his dad up next weekend and staying out here. His dad doesn't have to many more fishing trips left in him. So I don't mind giving it up. I can fish in my small house. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... Regarding the fishing license yes the wife needs to be present. Did mine yesterday. Simply swiped both our DL and done deal.

So I'm looking at mine from last year and the new one, still 2 separate pieces but yes the information gas changed. Wife's name is no longer on my resident combo sports and hers says spouse angling only. Suppose someone needed to change it up to justify the salary. :coffee:

Now holy ga schmoley was I schocked when I looked outside. We got a good 4 inches of snow

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a beautiful looking day but it is only -3 out right now.  Deceiving.  So watched that NDSU game yesterday.  They were favored by 16.5 and got the crap beat out of them.  I think the final was 31-17 or something like that.  Broke their 39 game winning streak.  LOL  They needed and reality check.  Oh well.  Not sure what we will do today.  I did put the beef in the sous vide last night so that will happen later today.  Will just go with the flow of whatever the wife has on her mind.   :happy1:  Have a good one boys.