Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902134 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Great day to go fishing JB.  I may be out there too.  Last night I was having hot and then cold periods in bed.  The last couple of days I have been feeling just a little not right.  Not sick but not great neither.  I prefer great.  LOL  The wife said maybe it is the Pfizer virus and my body is working to fight it off which is supposed to happen I guess.  Anyway I feel much better with a better attitude too.   :happy1: :happy1:  Cooper has been jumping in bed with me the last few mornings.  Buddy is putting up with it ok.  LOL  I have to grab my slippers when I hear him coming so he doesn't hijack them.  Last night when I let him out for his last pee of the night and he actually lifted his back leg a few inches Glenn.  I almost had a tear in my eye.  He is growing up.  It's a great day so enjoy it all of youse! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin alll good luck Jb!!!  24 here and looking at 44 today!! got a few things going on today..  besides seeing that swan yesterday I seen a horned owl too..  been a long time since I seen one of them around here...  that was really cool!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........havent seen shadow do that yet LPS, but i'm sure its coming. been working with him daily now. short sessions. he's  little slow with the leash and walking with me, but its coming. doing pretty good with the sit stay and come thing. he is now retrieving the training dummy and bringing it right back to me.  :happy1: :happy1:

not sure what the game plan for the day is yet, but i did notice the water going down in the fire ring. there's hope yet!!!!!!! 1 day closer to heading north!!!!!

good luck fishing JB. Mike you stay out ofvtrouble!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a chunk of rerod here that I ground to a point.  When there is puddles left that won't go down I go out and punch holes by pounding it into the ground.  It works.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a chunk of rerod here that I ground to a point.  When there is puddles left that won't go down I go out and punch holes by pounding it into the ground.  It works.
i just might have to try that this afternoon.!!!!! :happy1: although my wife thinks i'm nutz!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i like to keep her guessing!!! :nerd: :nerd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I try to stay in that zone around here too.   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 31* now & goin for 44* later. The breeze was a bit on the cool side here yday so it didn't feel quite as nice as Wednesday. Still pretty nice for early March so I won't complain too much. It looks to be another roll with it kind of day here, have a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's, maybe. Hasn't been getting quite as warm as forecast. Made low 40's yesterday after some were calling for nearly 50. Still some snow on fields with heavier residue and it's been staying cloudy for longer than they thought. Nice it's froze in the a.m. so Ruby isn't all mud after morning chores. She finds plenty of it during night chores. Some of the robins stuck around from yesterday. Should make a trip to the meat market & make a grocery run so I have enough therapeutic supplies. Good luck fishing JB!  :happy1:   
« Last Edit: March 03/05/21, 10:20:04 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i went out and punched about 15 holes.........so we shall see. seemed like there was frost in some spots, none in others, then seemed like frost down further  :scratch: :scratch: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On the slope south of the trees yesterday had no frost. Small garden is thawed so I can plant some radishes when it's dry enough. I still had some frost as I moved up the slope and on the north sides of the trees closer to the house. Get some rain here next week and frost will come out quickly.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal what a difference and we are in the same state.  Of course I am sure we are all frost yet. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 and going for 45 again..  sure was a nice day yesterday..  today should be too!!  have a good day all!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........hey Mike......the other day when i went into st cloud i seen a guy on a trike..........you get your scooter out yet????????

so, momma's leaving to babysit, so that gives me the day to looks for trouble!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: probably start organizing for the trip north.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I had a fire going when the wife got home from work yesterday.  Was really nice.  Cooper and Buddy were wrastling like crazy and having a great time.  That was really good for them.  We have a brush pile today that we are going to burn in the woods where we added a trail.  Will be fun and nice to have that cleaned up too.  It is 20 now and heading to 46.  I would like to watch the NDSU football game at 2 so may have to DVR that.  We shall see.  Will have a corned beef cooking whilst all of this is going on.  Can't wait.  Ruebens tomorrow with the leftovers.  Glenn did your water go away? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I had a fire going when the wife got home from work yesterday.  Was really nice.  Cooper and Buddy were wrastling like crazy and having a great time.  That was really good for them.  We have a brush pile today that we are going to burn in the woods where we added a trail.  Will be fun and nice to have that cleaned up too.  It is 20 now and heading to 46.  I would like to watch the NDSU football game at 2 so may have to DVR that.  We shall see.  Will have a corned beef cooking whilst all of this is going on.  Can't wait.  Ruebens tomorrow with the leftovers.  Glenn did your water go away?
it looks to have, but i thought that yesterday morning....... from the patio door yes it did go down a lot more. i'll give it an inspection later!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Saturday. The first tough decision for the day. Oatmeal, corn flakes with peaches or make the wife take me to town for breakfast? Hmmm....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Saturday. The first tough decision for the day. Oatmeal, corn flakes with peaches or make the wife take me to town for breakfast? Hmmm....... :happy1: :happy1:
:happy1: the outcome of this could be interesting!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not yet Glenn, where I have it the folks are still in Arizona.. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 32* startin out & we're headed for the upper 40's, I hear. Ended up goin down to Waterloo yday morning, brother had some reward points at Sam's Club he wanted to use up. Not much snow left in the fields along the Avenue on the way down, north facing slopes & fencelines had most of it. Got back to town right at lunch time so we stopped at the Mexican place to eat. Pretty busy as where 2-3 other places on that side of town, easily the most people out to eat here in ~ a year. We're still in & out in a 1/2 hour though. :happy1: :cool: That's all from this side of the border, hopin your Saturday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not yet Glenn, where I have it the folks are still in Arizona..
so you've been thinking about it. :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i did a welfare check on the fire ring LPS!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: it had that cludy, milky look to the ice so i knew it froze then some of the water seeped away, there is still some water sitting there......but we shall see what a little more convincing a can help with........but there is hope.....tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

i'm on a mission............ :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'  gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. I suspect it may get slightly warmer than that as we started out with sun rather than clouds like the past couple days. Another single ewe lamb born this a.m. We're 79.31034483% done lambing. Dock tails, give shots & put in some ear tags, then clean out the kennels where we had bottle lambs stashed during the cold snap. By then it'll be time to feed bottle lambs again. Fun never stops... :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'  gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. I suspect it may get slightly warmer than that as we started out with sun rather than clouds like the past couple days. Another single ewe lamb born this a.m. We're 79.31034483% done lambing. Dock tails, give shots & put in some ear tags, then clean out the kennels where we had bottle lambs stashed during the cold snap. By then it'll be time to feed bottle lambs again. Fun never stops... :rolleyes:
:scratch: :scratch: so how do you tell iffin there knocked up???? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Pretty easy once they're shorn. Udder expands and it looks like they swallowed a beach ball.  :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
 Do you dock their tails with a hatchet?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Do you dock their tails with a hatchet?
Nope, we use elastrator bands. Used to use an emasculator but the wife doesn't have the hand strength to hang onto them for that anymore.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Emasculator!  What a terrible sounding word. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Emasculator!  What a terrible sounding word.
LPS, you'd blush at the filthy vocabulary Dotch has. :pouty: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 46 at the moment,  we took the pooches for a stroll and no shortage of garbage along the main roads after a snow melt, although I did spot a 20 dollar bill laying calling my name  :happy1: Gotta do some putzin in the garage and shed but first momma wants the outside faucets turned on , good idea think I'll wash my floor mats...See ya!!