Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957514 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes it was nice yesterday.  I am just going to putz around here today.  No big plans and that is ok. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 36* presently & goin for 64*. Looked like it topped out at 62* yday here. Yeah, Dotch, I have to agree on Davison as I watch a lot of BIG 10 BB & he has at least 1 or 2 of those cheapshot fouls every game. :mad1: Got a couple irons in the fire today, just not sure  :scratch: what the plan of attack is yet. Hopin your Monday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......... yep looking like a 5 star day today!!! :happy1: AND YESSSS!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: mt due diligence paid off, Glenn will be having a fire and beer dis afternoon!!!!!! :happy1: :happybounce: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :rocker; :Clap: get a few more things together for the trip north.  :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime heading for a high near 60. Got purty close to that yesterday, 58 at the ranch, 59 in Waseca, 57 in Owatonna & 61 in Albert's Leaf. Normal as it's closest to IA and all that hot air!  :bonk: Lot's of snow & ice melted. Was able to find the downspout that blew off in one of the last snowstorms this a.m. It was still under the snow yesterday afternoon when I was lookin' for it. Some phenology things goin' on yesterday. More daffodils came up and the pussy willow catkins are just starting emerge.  Pheasants were thick in the wetland area. I'd planned on walking out on the ice on the pond to change the shavings & roust any deer mice out of that wood duck house. Ring of water around it already so that'll be a wader job. Not quite dry enough to plant radishes in the small garden yet but maybe tomorrow.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup get them radish's going!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here this morning with a few drops of rain. Heading for mid 50s again today then a cool down. I should be getting the call sometime today letting me know what time to be at the hospital tomorrow. I am having cataract surgery on my right eye. It just keeps getting more blurry every day. I see small objects in a cluster of 3 out of my right eye. Well, just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 39 here and going to touch the lower 60's it looks like..  and then the change tomorrow..  talking snow..  bring it on!!  just the regular stuff for today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........... it pack and load day today...........should be on the road headed nort by this time tomorrow!!!!!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :rocker; :dancinred: lot of sirens this morning  :scratch: :doah: and NO they aint at my house!!!!!! :tut: :tut:

JB good luck with the eye thing. you sure that vision issue isnt the rona preventive meds your drink???? :surrender: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Mikey says Dotch has the same issue!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 43* already here & we may break a record for the high today, 65* is predicted but I wouldn't be surprised if we push 70*. We had 66* yday. My calendar is pretty sparce again today so it'll just be some prep work gettin ready for the trip back up. Goin to be that nice I'll have to find some reason to be outside. Not much else now, have a good 1.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........... it pack and load day today...........should be on the road headed nort by this time tomorrow!!!!!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :rocker; :dancinred: lot of sirens this morning  :scratch: :doah: and NO they aint at my house!!!!!! :tut: :tut:

JB good luck with the eye thing. you sure that vision issue isnt the rona preventive meds your drink???? :surrender: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Mikey says Dotch has the same issue!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
That is usually only on the weekends that I drink the rona preventive meds.  ;) :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Jb good luck with the eye surgery!!  fer got to say earlier and don't let that blue bugger smart off at ya!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck also jb!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good luck with the eye JB.  I am curious to hear about it.  I have just a little cataract in each eye but the Dr said I should be good for another 10 years.  Hope so.  I see that we have some puddles that disappeared yesterday.  Evaporation or frost out in that spot???  Still have snow to melt and some big puddles yet.  Going to take it easy today.  Try to keep the dogs out of the mud.  lol  That will be challenge enough.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Have three guys stopping by to quote my dirt work today. Going to be busy. Good luck JB with the eye. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well time to get my hair cut!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 40 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Made mid-50's yesterday at most locations within shouting distance. Another ewe had twin buck lambs late yesterday afternoon. She'd gone walkabout on me at noon when I fed the bottle lambs. Found her way down in the far end of the pasture. Hadn't lambed yet so I herded her back up to the lot. Before I left for town she was in the barn. Was pretty sure she'd go back out to the same spot in the pasture but she didn't. That was fortunate. I see that dadgum pot stirrer's at it already this a.m. Haven't mailed him anything in a while & it's not like there haven't been some "choice" items to send... :moon: Good luck on your eye surgery JB!  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 40 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Made mid-50's yesterday at most locations within shouting distance. Another ewe had twin buck lambs late yesterday afternoon. She'd gone walkabout on me at noon when I fed the bottle lambs. Found her way down in the far end of the pasture. Hadn't lambed yet so I herded her back up to the lot. Before I left for town she was in the barn. Was pretty sure she'd go back out to the same spot in the pasture but she didn't. That was fortunate. I see that dadgum pot stirrer's at it already this a.m. Haven't mailed him anything in a while & it's not like there haven't been some "choice" items to send... :moon: Good luck on your eye surgery JB!  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea Mikey started early today!!!!!!! :happy1: :mooning: :doah:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been cleaning out, and have a whole box of CDs, assorted stuff from days gone by.   I have gone pretty much digital so they need to go.   If anyone wants some PM me your address and I'll send you some.   I've got a fair number so there are probably enough to go around..    This is only the first box.

If you get them and choose to pass them on to someone else, OK by me.   Otherwise they go to Goodwill.     

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks boys!  :happy1: This is an aggressive cataract, not the normal clouding. Last march my right eye was a -.75 and when I had my evaluation 3 weeks ago it was a - 4.25. When I look at certain objects, like the moon in the sky. I see a cluster of 3 out of my right eye. The left eye is just starting they said, but doing alright.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I hear a truck went out on a lake in Meeker county, Big Swan?  and it went to the bottom of the lake..  two older fellers..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so I hear a truck went out on a lake in Meeker county, Big Swan?  and it went to the bottom of the lake..  two older fellers..
pretty sad. icehawk just posted an excellent report........ said he was done going on the ice here south............... odd just the other day that Rick posted once you get on the ice there was 2 feet yet.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes but every lake is going to be different too..  springs, currents etc.....

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
A guy at work was up on Winnie little over 3 weeks ago and measured 30" of ice. Tgat Sundin fella is saying 20", I have hard time believing it lost tgat much in such a short time.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I was on Winnie, Highbanks, the end of January & it was closer to 24" where we were. We went out to the end of their road, 4.5 miles. They told us they had just been able to plow that far out.
« Last Edit: March 03/09/21, 03:50:54 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma tells me to tell Glenn ta bring your flotation device,  might be his only way on da ice after the warm spell.. :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He'd need at least 1 more of those! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.... No precipitation yet... Off to da north land. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here this am heading for mid 30s today. Getting ready to head to the doc. Need to be there by 8:30 this morning. I went and moved my little fish house out of its spot last night. Figured it would be melted in some from the warm and sun. Wasn't to bad, but I gave it a guy before it froze down. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun Glenn!