Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904871 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Lotsa sun & it's fairly calm so it's a pretty nice March day. Only a couple ewes close up. A couple more after that and one that'll probably dump out some ratty buck lambs in late May or June. If not she most likely gets shipped.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here and going to push for 50..  the sun is shining away!!  today is going to be a good day!!  just do what comes along type day..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  30 here already and was at 5 when I let the dogs out to pee.  Will be in the 50's here too.  We now let Cooper have the run of the house so he of course jumps right in bed with us too.  Fun as heck and he loves it.  He melts right in between us.  Feels good too!  We are heading to the Falls shopping today.  That is a fun trip for us.  Hoping to have a fire when we get home.  May grill a steak tonight.  Have a good day!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to Walker and Reeds in a few minutes. Hope it doesn't cost too much. I'm sure I'll find something I don't really need or use, but should have anyway. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning brothers! just sitting here iceing my back. my morning ritual. since the few are out not catching fish, specially glenn, my trip to WI, actually Illinoi, momma is in south beloit. im sittin here contemplating thentodo list fornthe weekend. those fishing be safe!!! please. later!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Another ewe came in overnite, single ewe lamb. The lambing process is 86.20689% complete. Cleaning up the house a bit this a.m. A young lady with her Mom and a friend are stopping by to feed bottle lambs late morning. After destroying the bathroom the past several days, it needed it. About the time you don't they'll have to pee. I have 16 acres for that! Best keep at it. All kinds of things that need to be done including putting the posts back up & charging the electric fence. Might be short lived though if Monday's storm materializes. Not liking the forecast. Every time I look they up the % chance & snowfall amount. Last check was up to 5" - 9" Looking at the temps, likely be some heavy wet crap so using the blower might not be an option. Ground is thawed too so it'll be a PITA regardless. Oh well, it'll melt fast so I can replace the sod more quickly...  :undecided: Have momma give you a back rub when she gets back boar but don't let her roll you over. Wimmens are tricky that way... :rolleyes:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  momma and I made it back from north.  Not sure if it was being outside alot but it got warm in the truck on tge way home so the AC went on. Fishin was slow but it was good to meet up with Gunner,  Dakids,  his buddies and chum around with that Glenn guy, We'd definitely do it again.  Anywho the portable is out front drying off in the sun before getting packed away,  the rest can wait til tomorrow... See ya!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
morning brothers! just sitting here iceing my back. my morning ritual. since the few are out not catching fish, specially glenn, my trip to WI, actually Illinoi, momma is in south beloit. im sittin here contemplating thentodo list fornthe weekend. those fishing be safe!!! please. later!!
to do... bring back weed.   Don't waste a trip to illinois...  :smoking:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to Walker and Reeds in a few minutes. Hope it doesn't cost too much. I'm sure I'll find something I don't really need or use, but should have anyway. Later... :happy1: :happy1:

What a great store!  One of the few places where the employees do actually help you!  Nothing worse than when you ask for help cuz you are buying a new locator and the employee starts reading to you off the box.  At Reeds they know what they are selling.
« Last Edit: March 03/13/21, 05:11:26 PM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Noone has been here since yesterday morning?  Must all be busy spending Stimulus checks like I have been.  LOL  Another great day so enjoy.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime heading for a high near 50. Looks like a better day than earlier forecast but tomorrow still sounds ugly. Didn't you get the memo Barry? I think I know where everyone is...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the heads up Dotch.  I knew something was up.  LOL  Ribs on the smoker for me today.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I did have issues getting on the site via the internet but I figured it was just the neighbor kids hogging it playing games or whatever. When I switched the broadband off on the phone it worked fine... :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
m ornin all, couldn't log in this morning til now...  not sure why but it is what it is!!  got busy yesterday and never did look at the puter..  and that's fine too..  not sure what I have going today and again that's fine with me!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:  and a good one Dotch!!   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wife didn't  get the memo.. In my case I was setting all these insipid clocks... :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 26* here & on our way to 42*. Been busy since we got up here & that's OK. Things will slow down a bit now & that's good too. Seen something about a server issue when I tried to get on earlier here. Oh well, it looks good now. Goin to be a roll with it rest of the day here, hope your Sunday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: March 03/14/21, 11:11:25 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Reeds went well yesterday. LPS , you correct the help there is second to none. The four of us left with 3k worth of firearms and about another 400 bucks I n other goodies. Left there and went two blocks East to Bensons for a bloody mary and pizza. Both were excellent. Highly recommend the place. My first time there. Drag race is on the tube, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
always enjoy going to Reeds, they are good..  never been to their 2nd store... 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Reeds went well yesterday. LPS , you correct the help there is second to none. The four of us left with 3k worth of firearms and about another 400 bucks I n other goodies. Left there and went two blocks East to Bensons for a bloody mary and pizza. Both were excellent. Highly recommend the place. My first time there. Drag race is on the tube, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
I was in Reeds a few days ago, the whole store was torn apart switching over for summer, but I love that place. And yes Bensons has great pizza.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well Glenn must be back in the area..  we were supposed get only an inch of snow today, that has changed to up tom 5 inches here..  going to Alex this morning and get my J&J covid shot  and then taxes after that...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we've got 20* & goin for 42* later.  They're  talkin 5-7" of wet heavy snow down home today plus 30 mph winds & it looks like anyone near I 90 like Sis & Dotch may get their fill today before it's done as well. Got a couple things lined up for today early, may even get back out :fishing: if the weather man is right. That's all now, have a good day.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike,I thought you are located up nort? no snow forcasted as of this morning up north,guess I watch the wrong weather channel. 1-2" of slush forcasted in the metro 5-8"s sw minnesota.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, he's ~ 20 miles mostly west & a bit north of Alexandria, up by Lake Osakis.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 22 here to start the day heading for low 40s today. It barely made it above freezing yesterday. Not nearly as nice as Saturday was. I pulled my small skid house into to shore yesterday. That is sitting on the ice at the bottom of the ramp. Maybe I will pull it up the ramp later this week. I was thinking maybe I could pull it back out this coming weekend, but it is looking warmer. So it may be nicer just to fish outside. The eye I had surgery on is doing good. Right now I can see better out of that eye without my glasses. Time will tell where it settles at. But looking good so far. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike,I thought you are located up nort? no snow forcasted as of this morning up north,guess I watch the wrong weather channel. 1-2" of slush forcasted in the metro 5-8"s sw minnesota.
north of Osakis, the town, 10 miles... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Windy here now.  From the east.  No rain in sight though.  We could use an inch or two to clean things up.  I took the tracks off the wheeler yesterday and the wife had a fire in our pit where it is safer.  That didn't last long.  The wind was cold so the fire wasn't much fun.  LOL  I am in the mood to pull my drag around the yard and break up all of the dog poop and level things out from plowing.  The horses will need a couple more bales too.  Will do that before it gets too warm out.  Good news on that eye JB. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds great Jb!!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like good news JB. I was going to try to burn brush today, but looking at the trees swaying in the breeze that won't happen. May have to go to fleet for walk about later this morning. LPS, sounds like you're getting out the Binford 6100 Turd-Buster. Care to come by and do my yard?  ;)   Later...   :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
north of Osakis, the town, 10 miles...
yep........he lives up in the high end district!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers..........yep i'm back in town............ sure was nice to be back nort again. dogs about mauled me last nite after i got home. wife already asked when i was going back up again. :pouty: :sleazy: :smoking: :evil:

cloudy but no precip yet.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :taz: :banghead: :bonk: Dang it, I didn't even have a chance to ask which 1 missed you the most, the wife or the dogs. :sad:                              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: