Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903410 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Visiting new granddaughter in KC. Rainy down here. On my third Bailey's and coffee this morning. Happy St Patrick's Day to all. Heard it snowed more at home yesterday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..... getting tired of the snowfalls  :pouty: :confused: yard was nice and dry. oh well this is minnesota i guess after all!!!! no Irish food or green beer here.

goal today is to put stabilizer in the auger and snowblower and get them ready for summer storage!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: wedder terrorists talking kinda a soggy few days starting sunday!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Visiting new granddaughter in KC. Rainy down here. On my third Bailey's and coffee this morning. Happy St Patrick's Day to all. Heard it snowed more at home yesterday.
:happy1: :happy1: got her spoiled rotten yet Roony!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: change any diapers!!!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
gloomy morning,spittin snow still,roads are wet but not icey,34 degree's

pup had me up until midnight,had two seizures,scary deal when it happens,he tries to run away from it,slept in the living room so when it happens I can grab him and hold him down so he doesn't run in to a wall or something...(lite sleeper) vet wants to do a ct scan,my breeder who has a veterinarian degree said NO your vet will drain ya dry with tests and meds no fix,I'm thinking he has a brain tumor as his littler mates are fine ....had one pup that started having seizures at 18 months,progressivly got worse,started having cluster seizures that would last for 30-45 minutes,had to put him down,no fix,heart breaking,whether 18 months or a old feller around 12 years its never easy when the day comes.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: got her spoiled rotten yet Roony!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: change any diapers!!!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao:
She is kinda gassy so I know she has some ofmy genes.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gloomy morning,spittin snow still,roads are wet but not icey,34 degree's

pup had me up until midnight,had two seizures,scary deal when it happens,he tries to run away from it,slept in the living room so when it happens I can grab him and hold him down so he doesn't run in to a wall or something...(lite sleeper) vet wants to do a ct scan,my breeder who has a veterinarian degree said NO your vet will drain ya dry with tests and meds no fix,I'm thinking he has a brain tumor as his littler mates are fine ....had one pup that started having seizures at 18 months,progressivly got worse,started having cluster seizures that would last for 30-45 minutes,had to put him down,no fix,heart breaking,whether 18 months or a old feller around 12 years its never easy when the day comes.
sucks to hear snow......hope things work out for your pupp!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, sad to hear Snow. Hope things work out for you and the pooch.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here heading for low 40s today. Boy what an evening last night. Yesterday the wife noticed a wet spot in here normal parking spot at work. Low and behold the water pump was leaking on her Traverse. Boy what a PITA that was to change last night. 1 bolt was the problem child. Could only get a 10th of a turn on it and I couldn't spin it by hand. I think it took an hour to get it out and an hour to get that 1 bolt back in. It was about 20 after 9 when I took it for a test drive. The wife ended up leaving just before 3 this morning to head down to the daughter's. Called her on my way to work and all was well :happy1: :happy1:. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
:scratch: :scratch: sooo...........your left unsupervised?????? :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

seriously hope things go well!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Yes indeed roony, more snow.  :rolleyes: 2" at the Waseca SROC, 2.5" at the ranch,  & about 3" in Bugtussle. Melted out to .14", .16" & .19" respectively. Supposed to warm into the upper 40's maƱana & Friday so it promises to be a sloppy mess. In other words stay down there and spoil that grand daughter rotten along with everything else grandpa's are supposed to do.

Sorry to hear about your dog snow. Had a black & white rough coat Border Collie in a litter of pups w/a swallowing problem so couldn't sell him. After a few years he developed seizures that became more frequent & violent over time. We lost him as a result when he was 8. Gus was a cool dog, loved riding shotgun in the pickup with his huge tongue hanging out. People laughed whenever they'd see us coming. He also liked to bite the tips of the ears off of ewes when they got too close to the gates & panels for his comfort. For many years afterwards we'd say those ewes had "Gus ears". 
« Last Edit: March 03/17/21, 12:36:49 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck snow with the pup, had 2 dogs that had them damn things too..  sucks...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The weather terrorists say it will snow down here overnight.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Roony,  we're thinking on spending a few days down that way . Are the restaurants running at full capacity or is it like here? It's in the planning stage but just wondering..

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Roony,  we're thinking on spending a few days down that way . Are the restaurants running at full capacity or is it like here? It's in the planning stage but just wondering..
So far we have been grilling at my son's place, not taking the new baby out. They do still have a mask mandate here but as far as he knows they do not have a capacity limitation. At the hotel, grocery store and gas stations the people are wearing masks. It might be different outside the metro.
Lawns are just starting to green up and trees are budding.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like a darn nice day is on tap for us today...well except for all the folks that drowbed in green beer last night,full up on cornbeef at my place last night,I'm good on corn beef until next year.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Yep Glenn, I am left unsupervised. I did my best to get into trouble last night. I cut firewood. loaded the wood shed. Moved my big fish house to a different spot and then went down on the ice and pulled the small house up into the yard. Then I cleaned up the garage and put my tools away from fixing the car. Pretty wild and crazy I am.  :rotflmao: The thing I forgot to do was changed the water for the minners. They did not look to good this morning. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Have to do a run to town today but that's about it.  I will find something to do though.  I have a project or two to finish.  Maybe take a drive upriver and see what's happening.  Have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 24* when I checked early & it's lookin like we may make 50* later. Got back from GR yday before 1, only Super 1 & Walmart were very busy which is fine with me. We had 2-3  of our neighbors & another 3-4 wheelers from the resort out on the bay by mid afternoon, a few stayed until almost dark. Think I'll try & get out  :fishing: again today as it sounds like Friday & Saturday will be 50*+ & windy so who knows what the ice be like by Sunday. That's it for this time, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Yep Glenn, I am left unsupervised. I did my best to get into trouble last night. I cut firewood. loaded the wood shed. Moved my big fish house to a different spot and then went down on the ice and pulled the small house up into the yard. Then I cleaned up the garage and put my tools away from fixing the car. Pretty wild and crazy I am.  :rotflmao: The thing I forgot to do was changed the water for the minners. They did not look to good this morning. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: cant fool me............trouble starts tonight!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

morning fellers......... not sure whats up for today yet.......might be an LPS ....gunner......mikey kinda day!!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 to start the day here going for the mid 40's today...  yea Jb sounds like a real adventure you had last night!!!  got a few things going on today and that will keep some what busy...  have a great day all!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime, heading for a high in the mid-40's. Snow melted good yesterday at 36 so if we can get a string of days in the 50's as forecast, it'll be a memory pretty quick. At roony's, I'm pretty sure they're sunbathing by the pool by now. Ewe had a set of twins born yesterday that are doing well. Much easier to deal with them when it isn't -20. Wife got the day off so I don't have to make a run home at noon to feed bottle lambs. Good thing JB lives where he does or a lot of us could be in a lot of trouble!  :doah: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
HEEE HE HE HE HE.  :evil: :evil:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw some nice boats when I was in town. Not the kind you push over the ice.  SO we took a drive to the Frontier Landing.  That is about 16 miles east of us.  There was open water in the middle of the channel and I could see a few boats that came down from Birchdale evidently.  That is about 30 miles east of us.  I am thinking in a day or two we will have open water in the channel here.  We can hear the water flowing under the ice and now and then a big groan from the ice.  Cooper jumped when there was a big groan.  LOL

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I could really hear the ice groaning on the lake this morning when I left to come to work.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, with the late opener this year I hope the ice doesn't come off too early.  Afternoon peoples gots my tires rotated, pooches took me for a stroll and put da ice fishin stuff away. I think I know how to slow down spring,  I'll bring the patio furniture out Saturday,  ya that'll do it!! The shredder took a chit so think I'll just start burning all of that,  should be a good weekend for all that kinda thing. Gotta run!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 here going for the upper 40's today..  got a few things going on today so that will give me some thing to do for sure...  sounds like the wind will coming in to morrow..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 23 here to start the day heading for the 50s today. Going to be warm for a few days. Fishy fishy is the plan for the weekend. Da wifey made it home just before 9 last night. So, now I am supervised again  :pouty:  :rotflmao:. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice looking day out there.  I am expecting some open water to show up today or tomorrow.  Will take the dogs for a drive upriver to check it out again today.  The wife was really looking forward to a fire but yes the wind is going to be howling this weekend.  Darn.  Will have to find something else fun to do.  Like hopefully my welding cart with drawers shows up today so I can get it put together.  My welder showed up the other day.   :sleazy:   Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 23 here to start the day heading for the 50s today. Going to be warm for a few days. Fishy fishy is the plan for the weekend. Da wifey made it home just before 9 last night. So, now I am supervised again  :pouty:  :rotflmao:. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: did you impress her with everything you got done!!!!!!!! :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers..big plans for today. moving winter fishing stuff including spearhouses to the back shed, snowblower goes ni-nite for the summer and all my back shed summer stuff up to the garage.

off course i'll be taking a break to take a drink of beer now and thren and throwing anudder log on da fire!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 25* at 1st peek & 51* is supposed to be the high but I'll believe that when I see it. We had 52* yday & today is forecasted to be warmer than yday. Lots of noisy ice here for the last few days too, but seemed worse this morning. So dry here & with the very low humidity along with the winds predicted we are under a warning for near critical fire weather conditions for today & tomorrow it may be worse. :shocked: :sad: Got so nice here that we had a short conversation with Mr. Humphrey ;) :laugh: while sitting in our lawn chairs in the driveway ~ 5 yday. Not even the 1st day of Spring :crazy: yet, that may be a record for us. 'Bout it for now, have a good day.
« Last Edit: March 03/19/21, 08:08:53 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We talk about making a deck on the south side of the house so we would catch the sun early in the year.