Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902911 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We talk about making a deck on the south side of the house so we would catch the sun early in the year.
:happy1: our deck is on the east side of the house....great for the early morning sun then even better yet......house shades it in the latter part of the day  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We talk about making a deck on the south side of the house so we would catch the sun early in the year.
Our big garage door faces north & we have a little hill with some big pines on that side of the cabin closer to the lake. We were sitting :toast: between the big pines, they'll block any breeze comin off the lake, facing south gettin as much sun as we could.  :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Our patio faces the lake which is east also. Nice watching the sun rises in the morning coming up over the lake. And just like Glenn. Nice and shaded in the afternoon. And Glenn, the Misses is always impressed with what I got done.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Lotsa snow left again yesterday. Keeps this up it should be gone about the time it decides to snow again! Actually sounds like significant rainfall coming early part of next week. Would be good to get all the salt washed off. Roads are just white from that crap. :angry: Wife's B'Day today & I'm down to the gin reserves (pt. of Ed Phillips in a plastic bottle  :puke:) so it's time to go shopping. It is a full time job JB convincing these wimmens we're getting something done, at least enough to satisfy their double standards!  :bonk: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My cabinet just arrived so started a fire in the garage.   :sleazy:  Now  I can construct my new welder stuff.   :happy1:  Then I need to weld something.  LOL
« Last Edit: March 03/19/21, 10:26:38 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so yesterday I scored 5 2# packages of raw corned beef..  been thinking of how I'm going to work with them when I thaw them...  so I decided that when I do thaw them I'm going to grind them and have rueben burgers!!!!!   might have to see if I can score a few more packages to make a decent batch!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and going for a windy 55...  got a few things going on today, one is helping the Gf look at a car..  hers is really on it's last legs so it's time...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and going for a windy 55...  got a few things going on today, one is helping the Gf look at a car..  hers is really on it's last legs so it's time...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
have her get a truck........that way she can load that Harley up when you breakdown!!!!!  :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yippee...one of my least favorite things to do....... vehicle shopping!!!!!! have fun!!!!! :happy1:

morning fellers........momma left  me again today!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :evil: few things on the agenda, nuttin earth shcatteering however.  did but the bird bath out yesterday. :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Windy, no brush fire today. May have to just call and someone come by with their chipper. BIL is stopping to help get measurements for building permit so I can get that in next week. Birthday party tonight at #1 son's place. Beers and bean bag tourney. I should be home by nine. Good luck Mike, shopping for vehicles does suck. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 34* to begin & we're headed for the upper 50's, I hear. Windy here too, 20-30 mph with gusts close to 40 this afternoon. Went out yday morning again for a bit, more to play with our Elite 5 Ice Machine instead of my usual Marcum. Wind came up shortly after I went out & lots of sounds coming from the ice. It was a short stay, < 2 hours. We had a lot of water on the ice by the afternoon, still had a couple wheelers go out of the resort late afternoon though. A couple little things outside to tend to early today, otherwise it'll be a glenn  ;) ;D type day. Hopin your Saturday's a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Clear but windy morning here.  Gonna do that dragging around here today after it warms up some.  Gonna be too windy for a fire.  Supposed to rain tomorrow so will smoke some ribs then.  Want to watch the NDSU and UND game this afternoon if time allows.  LOL  It is at 2:30 so should work out for me.  No open water here yet.  Frontier Landing 16 miles east of me had boats launching yesterday.  I am expecting some open water here today.  ????  Fun times getting your shed set up Markn.  Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have her get a truck........that way she can load that Harley up when you breakdown!!!!!  :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yippee...one of my least favorite things to do....... vehicle shopping!!!!!! have fun!!!!! :happy1:

morning fellers........momma left  me again today!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :evil: few things on the agenda, nuttin earth shcatteering however.  did but the bird bath out yesterday. :happy1:

talked out of a truck, MPG being the major difference in rigs... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

talked out of a truck, MPG being the major difference in rigs...
i see your point. guess its all in how she is going to mostly use it!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: anything in particular she's got her eye on??????
« Last Edit: March 03/20/21, 09:33:57 AM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looking a couple Chevy Equinox's today...  they are decent rides..  it will give her what she needs in a work/pleasure vehicle

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife has been looking at them too.  Her Impala only has 80,000 on it and is in excellent shape so I hope she is in no hurry.  BUT whatever she wants is ok with me. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Breeze blowing across the snow pack is making it a tad slower to warm up than hoped. Need to make a feed run & then head back down to the CREP acreage to get some pussy (willows). Gets glenn's attention just like saying "cougar"!  :doah: I don't mind the vehicle shopping; it's the paying for it part I don't like. Think the wife should be OK a while yet. I'm getting there. My '07 Dotch pickemup has ~180K on it. Still has the lever to engage the 4 wheel drive & not so many whistles & bells to concern myself with. Box has some rust but could put another one on it for not a lot of $. Wouldn't mind a backup camera but would likely only use it for hooking up to trailers. All that does when driving the wife's car is confuse me & I'm easily confused.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my Impala is about to hit 100,000.  and still going strong...  she thought about buying it from me but wanted all wheel drive... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man the wind is howling here.  Just checked out the Vidas Landing 6 miles upriver (east) of us.  Some open water spots but the channel is not open yet.  Lots of boats heading east to Frontier and Birchdale. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the wind has been cranking all morning here...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my Impala is about to hit 100,000.  and still going strong...  she thought about buying it from me but wanted all wheel drive...
my wife had 2 trailblazers with all wheel drive. Did both of them in on icy roads. She ain't getting another all wheel drive. :tut: :tut: the one she's lucky she's alive after I seen the vehicle and where she ran off the road. :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the wind has been cranking all morning here...
must be Dotch, coming from the south. :pouty: :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my wife had 2 trailblazers with all wheel drive. Did both of them in on icy roads. She ain't getting another all wheel drive. :tut: :tut: the one she's lucky she's alive after I seen the vehicle and where she ran off the road. :confused:
she's been driving Tahoe's for over 20 years so she knows what to do...  I hope!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys. Sitting out in the portable wishing for some fish to cooperate. I can confirm the wind is whipping. Good thing I keep the portable hook to the snowmobile or I might go for a ride. It has been a slow bite today. I'm like Dotch, I kinda enjoy car shopping. Like he said, the paying for them is what sucks. Well, time to crack another 🍺 and wait for a fish to bite. Have a good evening boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hook a lunker JB!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well we the job done!!  I too enjoy chasing after a good deal if we can find one..  the Equinox  we first looked at is what she bought..  I think she did good too..  even made it to HH!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

but the good thing is she got a good ride and doesn't have to worry about her old one.... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What year of one did she get Mike?  Like I said the wife wants on too.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
worked a good deal on a 2017...   86000 on it... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So know she'll reward you.  :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
who knows????   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
worked a good deal on a 2017...   86000 on it... 
Took me ~ a month to find mine but hardly any of that was done walking around a dealer's lot. :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: March 03/21/21, 07:55:02 AM by Gunner55 »