Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903757 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Gunner she was checking it out on the internet for a bit before we went and checked it out..  kind of a gray windy day this morning..  back into the mid 50's again too..  as for rain I'll see...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 44* when I walked out to the garage the 1st time & it looks like 49* will be the high. That wind is rockin pretty good already too. We've got some :snow5: in the forecast now for late Tuesday into Wednesday afternoon. I seen 6-10" once yday & now it's down to 3-6. Should've figured as we started converting the Husqvarna back to a mower yday. Can always put the blade back on the wheeler if needed but I doubt it will be needed. 'Bout time for the Sunday paper run so I better roll. Have a good 1!!
« Last Edit: March 03/21/21, 10:45:57 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Gunner she was checking it out on the internet for a bit before we went and checked it out..  kind of a gray windy day this morning..  back into the mid 50's again too..  as for rain I'll see...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
Pretty easy to see what's around your area & see what they're askin for 'em that way. No need to deal with as many sales people either which is kind of nice. :happy1: :cool:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 45 here this morning. Mostly sunny right now. Forecast says rain at 1 until 5 or 6. We shall see. Not nearly as windy today. 1 small wally and just missed a fish. Now have a tangled mess for some reason. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........dont think the wedder morjits know what they want to forecast.  :tut: :pouty: last nite i seen an 80% chance of rain here for theis afternoon......now its half that.

so now that i have all my winter/summer stuff moved around, deck furniture on the deck, and of course high school tourneys coming up. we'll get snow dumped on us!!!!!! :surrender: :doofus: :rotflmao:

nuttin else to drastic for the day!!!! mayhaps chase momma around!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had to restart my computer cuz things are so slow today.  Was surprised how warm it is this morning.  I see a crack in the ice where the fish house was sitting but still no open water.  Won't be long and if I keep saying that I am bound to be right sooner or later.  LOL  Got the lawn all dragged yesterday so some rain would be nice.  Gonna do some ribs today.  Having real coffee so I am ready for action. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Winds out of the south gusting up to 40 mph. Dadgum IA!  :azn: Auntie Mar Mar stopped by with a blueberry coffee cake this a.m. Luckily I picked up a couple lbs. of Hope creamery butter yesterday when I got feed. In the afternoon I harvested more pussy willows and heard my first western chorus frogs of the season by the pond. Also pruned some apple trees so at least got that project underway. Moving some sheep around today as we near the end of the official lambing season. 1 left that is close. Thinking the last two don't count if they dick around until June like I think they will. I just wanna do shots with Auntie Mar Mar to celebrate! :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/21/21, 01:57:56 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a drive upriver and open water is about 3 miles from us now.  Where a guy was sitting on a bucket ice fishing yesterday is open water today. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Some open water on the other side of the bay this morning.
« Last Edit: March 03/21/21, 01:49:00 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here heading for 40 today. We did get a little rain yesterday afternoon. .19" it said on the weather station this morning. Fishing was slow this past weekend. I did come in with a 17" and 19" walleyes yesterday morning. I fished until 11 and then went in for the day. Not sure how much longer the shoreline ice will hold together. It is starting to open up on the sand bars. So that may have been the last of the ice fishing for me. Time will tell. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here and hoping for 51..  got a few things on my agenda for today but nothing huge...  sure is nice that the wind has settled down finally...  have a good day all!!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Those are nice fish JB.  Great meal.  I see the ice looks honeycombed here and there are a couple of holes that look like open water.  I will keep an eye on it.   :rotflmao:  I will let you know when I see movement.  Gonna look around here for parts to my campfire grate project.  Then I go see this guy over in Clementson who sells steel and buy what else I need.  I like going to visit him anyways.  I see we still have some puddles of frozen rain water but we didn't get a lot.  Was fun to see it raining though. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 34* here early & 46* is 'sposed to be the high. We had some light rain yday too & we needed it. They're talkin some more precip tomorrow night into Wednesday, the last is sayin ~ 2.5". Have to see that to believe it & don't really matter anyway as it'll be gone in short order. The switch in wind direction will open up the other side of our bay some more. Better than 1/2 of it is pretty dark this mornin so it may go faster than I think. A couple things on my list for today too, so I better go. Hopin your Monday's a good 1!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed about a nice weather morning and no wind, aquire'd my dad's honda accord I bought my folks in 2004 new since putting him in senior care two weeks ago,last visit he offered me $100 to take him home,didn't have the heart to tell him he has no home,infact my other sister had a company come in and gut the house,sad deal,finally laid my baby sister the rest last week,been tough to date,plan on taking the honda in tomorrow to the honda shop,then r&r'd before storage or
« Last Edit: March 03/22/21, 09:17:51 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man Snow, my condolences on both issues.  That does sound like a tough week.  Take care of yourself too ya know.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........ :blablabla: monday......... :pouty: oh wait....i'm retired!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: thinkin a trip to st cloud today.. love the shopping thing early afternoon when the stores are not busy!!!!!! :happy1: need to scratch off some items on my things to get list.

starting to get the bug to head north again............hoping i can put it off till the ice is gone!!!!! :pouty: really curious to see how and what shadow does up there.  :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. A few sprinkles early evening but was nothing measurable. Appears St. Olaf Lake is about to open up. Ice was real dark this a.m. and the water ring is getting bigger. We get the rain the next few days they're talking and the ice'll likely be gone. Mar Mar's coffee cake sure hits the spot in the meantime & no, I don't share.  :shocked: Hope butter ain't all bad either. Sorry to hear snow. My condolences. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thoughts to ya snow...  bad any way ya look at it....

and Dotch, ya got 1/2 pound of butter on that cake!!!   lookin good!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I know, I kinda skimped. Saving the other half pound for lunch!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that looks good.  Would make great breakfast too.  LOL

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez dotch no G/T in the pic.... I take it that Hope butter replaced pocahontas on the butter label,growing up my dad was/is still a health nut, no butter or sugar in the house,not even ice cream, routine excercise daily,long weekend bicycle rides to the country to get chased by farm dogs,sad to say the old farmland today is all developments,urban sprawl is booming

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........ :blablabla: monday......... :pouty: oh wait....i'm retired!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: thinkin a trip to st cloud today.. love the shopping thing early afternoon when the stores are not busy!!!!!! :happy1: need to scratch off some items on my things to get list.

starting to get the bug to head north again............hoping i can put it off till the ice is gone!!!!! :pouty: really curious to see how and what shadow does up there.  :scratch:
:scratch: Best keep him away from those black & white striped kitties up here! :tut:         ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea no kidding!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I feel for you Snow1, tough times for sure.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed about a nice weather morning and no wind, aquire'd my dad's honda accord I bought my folks in 2004 new since putting him in senior care two weeks ago,last visit he offered me $100 to take him home,didn't have the heart to tell him he has no home,infact my other sister had a company come in and gut the house,sad deal,finally laid my baby sister the rest last week,been tough to date,plan on taking the honda in tomorrow to the honda shop,then r&r'd before storage or
hang tough snow......you got this!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so on my shopping excursion i had my eyeballs peeled for canning lids
menards......nuttin........jars and these no leak things ...nope
target....... same same
FF........  looked as though they had some, new signs say limit 3 per customer.  shleves where empty........ so i also went to the gun counter and asked about 30-06 180 grain bullets......his response.......good question......we are surprised to when we get a shipment in.  :doofus: :doofus: :banghead: :banghead:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 27* now & somewhere around 50* will be the high. Some moisture forecasted, 1  is talking snow but I think we'll be staying a little to warm for that. We can use the rain. We have an early appt to get the vaccine today so while we're in town we'll do the rest of our weekly shopping. Need to be on the road before 8 so I gotta roll. Have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here this AM heading for mid 40s last I looked. Seen one neighbor out ice fishing last night. Otherwise not much else here today. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good for you boys Gunner...   36  and rain is getting closer to here...  got a few things to do today to, but for the most part it's a Glenn kind of day...  just putz along!!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning guyz,pissing out steady here in central minn,looks like a cold front up north will drop a couple inches near brainard today hopefull not here in the metro.

I aquired my dads snow blower I bought him in 2018,he was determind to have one after his 20 year old honda blower crapped out,if someone is in need this is lightly used as I plowed his driveway out when it snowed,this is a 21" electric start toro,recently tuned up and oil changed for the summer.post here or pm me if interested.