Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903732 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The river is wide open.  Started to move yesterday afternoon.  My dock is till froze in and will be for awhile.  So no boat in for me till I have my dock set up.  I did get my steel for the campfire grate so may be able to get that started today.  Calm here so far.  Looks like we may get some of that snow tomorrow morning.  The wife and I get our second shots tomorrow.  Will be nice to have that done. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed in for my second shot at 10:00 this morning.  :happy1:         

Thoughts are with you snow.
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......light rain here. tax appt at 2 pm then at 4 my yearly physical. will be having a conversation about the rona shot, then set up an appt i guess!!!!!!! nuttin else planned........just a gunner, mikey kinda day!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

talked with a guy at FF yesterday i worked with on the shop floor he said he's headed to the rainy river the next 2 weekends. guess the walleyes are jumping in the boat up there.

he aslo said they were on bowstring last weekend......coulda still drove a truck off the 35 access. found some crappies out front of the access, but barely keepers.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/21, 08:31:10 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. .06" of precip at the ranch and .10" in Bugtussle proper. We didn't get as much rain as predicted and looks like for the most part we'll get a chunk of today without it. Put my black cutworm pheromone trap out last nite and fixed fence until dark. If anyone is looking for a place to hunt deer with a portable stand, blind or whatever this fall, p.m. me and we can discuss. A few locals ask to hunt here then never do it. Damn deer knocked the fence down in 3 places. There's been a roving band of ~ a dozen spotted at the neighbor's place and pretty sure that's who's responsible.  :angry: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no precip here yet....

Hey Dotch did you have any thing to do with that rail car in Cannon Falls that was full of molasses explode this morning???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
no precip here yet....

Hey Dotch did you have any thing to do with that rail car in Cannon Falls that was full of molasses explode this morning???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: I always suspected Dotch as a troublemaker. :doah: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
no precip here yet....

Rats! I was mailing it to glenn!  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lite rain started about 1/2 hour ago... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
no precip here yet....

Rats! I was mailing it to glenn!  :bonk:
:mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon guys. This is the first I've been on here in months! I've been bed ridden with back issues. Not looking good for fishing this spring, as I'm headed for back surgery.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ouch,  good luck!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon guys. This is the first I've been on here in months! I've been bed ridden with back issues. Not looking good for fishing this spring, as I'm headed for back surgery.
damn GG hope it goes well. Must be from dragging all those bivk bucks and setting the hook. :happy1:

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut:Ar rhis point, I'm just hoping I can make deer season, even if I have rn ger a permit to hunt out of the truck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi GG.  Ouch that doesn't sound like any fun.  Good luck on the surgery. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope the surgery does the trick for you gr.  :happy1: Mine was getting pretty sore after this last lambing season. Took lots of self medicating to make it thru. One more reason to keep paring down the numbers.  :bonk:

Went down in the basement to look for some screws to repair a Cutzall pruner I inherited in Mom's things. Found some I'd picked up at a garage sale that should work. As I was turning to head back upstairs I looked down and saw a garter snake. Hmmm...went upstairs to the garage to get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid on it. Plopped him in it and dumped him in the area I saw the one yesterday. Was going to leave him in the basement to find his own way out but in the past, they've died and really stink. Occasionally they find their way upstairs. The wife is not amused so I'm keeping this one on the QT.

« Last Edit: March 03/23/21, 02:20:32 PM by Dotch »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Save the Snakes.
 Not all that many years ago there were so many leapord frogs around here. With their disappearance we have lost the snakes and owls. Kind of a bummer if I let myself dwell on it.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/21, 03:03:03 PM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've got plenty of snakes roony. Tree frogs, western chorus frogs & toads too usually. I could mail you some.  :azn:

The bats are the thing I'm concerned about. The past couple years have seen very few, quite possibly due to white nose syndrome.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wns/index.html#:~:text=WNS%20is%20caused%20by%20a,wake%20up%20during%20the%20winter.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We have loads of bats. I've gotten good with my tennis racket. Like em outside but the warden goes nuts when they're in the house. I mean NUTZ.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got back from gettin jabbed a little after 1. Everything went smooth as we were there ~ a 1/2 hour early. Took longer to register, than actually get the shot. Had a short wait in between but got in right on time. :happy1: :cool: Lady I signed in with told me that on Monday most of the people getting the vaccine were actually from the metro.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning boys. 32 here heading for a high of 39 TWC says. Every day seems to be a little warmer than the predict, so we shall see. Haven't seen any precip up here. Must all be staying south. Good luck on the back surgery GG. It is a long recovery, but most people I know it has done the trick for them. Just need to treat it a little nicer after the repair. No pretending you are 20 again. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, still some lite rain out there..  have no idea how much we have gotten so far...  going to Alex this morning to re-supply...  and get the GF's new to her ride...  that will fun...  have a good day all...

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
good crappy morning,pooring rain here,even tho its 45 degrees the rain feels like cold daggers to the melon,brought my dad's 04 honda to the shop this morning,giving it the once over then decide to keep or sell it,really need a truck at the farm,been eye balling the new colorado ZR2 ,as I no longer need a full size truck,after 30 years working for GM a truck guy,its hard to think down size,good friend/engineer from GM is pushing me towards the 1/2 ton crew cab with the duramax 3.0lit diesel,said its bullet proof,40mpg's etc.so on the fence,ugh dred the thought of car payments.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 34* at 1st glance & somewhere near 40* will be the high. The ground is a little white but it seemed to be mostly rain when I stepped out earlier. It may keep that up until 9 or so, they're sayin & that's OK as we need the moisture. Just a little stiffness in the shoulder about the time I went to bed from the Moderna yday. :happy1: :cool: Got a couple projects out in the garage for early today, gonna play it by ear after that. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just saw the first boat of the year go by on the river. I get my second shot at about 11 this morning.  Will putz with my welding project till then. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :snow5: has gotten more serious in the last 10-15 minutes here, big flakes too. :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........37 wet and windy. havent seen the snow flakes yet..... but then i havent seen any news either!!!!!!!1 :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

talked with the tax man yesterday, some good some bad. wanted to pay off the house with my annuity.......... not when i have to pay an additional 60 ,000 in taxes to pull it!!!!! :crazy: :tut: :tut: we may have a different plan down the road. this retirement thing is news to us so, the issue mainly is paying state taxes. my pension and SS doesnt pull it so quarterly payments here we come!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Second shot went off without a hitch. Arm is a little sore today so far, no morning sickness like other people have had. Dropped off the paperwork for my building permit. Was told it will cost over seven hundred dollars. Too crappy out to cut brush and trees, may have to watch a movie. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Second shot went off without a hitch. Arm is a little sore today so far, no morning sickness like other people have had. Dropped off the paperwork for my building permit. Was told it will cost over seven hundred dollars. Too crappy out to cut brush and trees, may have to watch a movie. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
700 bucks for a friggin building permit........holy hannah!!!!!!1 :confused: :doofus: :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother took his pension as 1 lump sum, glenn, & rolled it into an annuity. He gets monthly payments & he can adjust what his monthly amount is online so when it's added to his SS he doesn't give most or all of it back in taxes or what Medicare costs him. With all the estate business we've had in the last year or so he's changed things a couple times. :crazy:
« Last Edit: March 03/24/21, 09:04:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my pension is a multi employer plan.........not sure if your brothers is or not. i CANNOT take my pension in a lump sum. i cant tell you how many times in the 13 1/2 years i/ve had people ask me if they can withdraw there pension!  :surrender:

i suppose a pension can be thought of as an annuity, but i have both a pension and annuity..........2 seperate accounts. i didnt start getting an annuity until i started at the hall and went under the field agreements. the shops dont have the annuity..........even though i tried to negotiate them.  :sleazy: :evil: